• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

The Regimen of Gabapentin + Lorazepam (Ativan) + Lipoflavonoid Helps My Tinnitus

Andy02

Author
Sep 29, 2021
Tinnitus Since
09/2021
Cause of Tinnitus
Sudden loud sound
I've had tinnitus for over three years following acoustic trauma, and it has only worsened due to additional accidental noise exposures.

I see a neurologist, who, in my opinion, is much better to consult than an ENT, as ENTs often just try to get you out of the office and are not very helpful when it comes to tinnitus.

I am currently taking Gabapentin 600 mg three to four times per day, spaced every four hours, as well as Ativan 6-8 mg per day, spread throughout the day. I also take Lipoflavonoid three times daily.

I feel that this regimen slightly helps reduce the intensity of my tinnitus.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this approach, whether it might be helpful for you, and any general comments you might have.

I am currently taking Gabapentin 600 mg three to four times per day, spaced every four hours, as well as Ativan 6-8 mg per day, spread throughout the day. I also take Lipoflavonoid three times daily.

I feel that this regimen slightly helps reduce the intensity of my tinnitus.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this approach, whether it might be helpful for you, and any general comments you might have.
My thought is how can one get through the day on all those meds. Were you zonked at first?

Jeez Louise, and here I am worried about taking 0.025 mg of Clonazepam a day and running out of Gabapentin. I have a box of Pregabalin that was given to me to try, but I haven't used it yet. Those are some hefty doses, mate. Be careful! I'm glad it's helping your symptoms, but I'm honestly in disbelief that a neurologist prescribed such a high dose of Lorazepam for tinnitus. Did they say anything about the dosages?

Jeez Louise, and here I am worried about taking 0.025 mg of Clonazepam a day and running out of Gabapentin. I have a box of Pregabalin that was given to me to try, but I haven't used it yet. Those are some hefty doses, mate. Be careful! I'm glad it's helping your symptoms, but I'm honestly in disbelief that a neurologist prescribed such a high dose of Lorazepam for tinnitus. Did they say anything about the dosages?
I'm interested in what country he is in. Can you imagine something like that happening in the UK?

You've definitely started something with these patches. I'm getting bombarded with messages from people asking about them and buying them.

I used just a quarter of a patch, and it still seemed effective. I was also thinking about your temporary hearing change. I'm not a doctor, but it seems like it might affect nerve activity rather than causing any damage. After all, it's an analgesic, so it could alter how sound is conducted and processed, much like Carbamazepine does. Many people report that Carbamazepine and Lamotrigine change their pitch perception.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend using the patches 24/7.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now