Tinnitus and Acute Stage Treatment

Two bottles of lipoflavonoids flying in tmr night. .
Going for high frequency hearing test and additional tests tmr..
Probably meet a doctor about hbot treatment. .. but they only treat diabetic patients. .. so dono how its going to go..
Now I am going overboard with this T...
So far
Acupuncture 12 sessions done..
6 days on nasal setriods
Been on benzo for a month plus now.
Second course of antibiotics. .
And addtionally on VERTIN(betahistine)
Plus some supplements..

Oae test normal
Abr test also normal..
High frequency audiometry loss at 9k 35db in right ear..

Anyone know what does "low amplitude reflexes present in both ears means "
It was written under impedance test.. reflexometry results. .

Couldn't meet the hbot doctor today. .. have to try on Monday again..

Its been a long day...
Lipo flavonoid finally arrived. . Lucky for me a friend just happened to fly back to india..
And a session of hbot .. and doctor said " never treated anyone for tinnitus here .. esp in india by hbot.. " he said will give a 7 day course and see how it goes...
Hbot is not cheap here... close to 80usd per session. . If I see improvement I will try to cut a deal with him for longer course. .

And my t seems to come from left side now.. either I am too tired or left side too started to buzzzzz..

Hbo chamber was made of glass partially and had a tv to watch movies.. and speaker to hear outside sound. . So I was pretty comfortable inside...
1400514463130.jpg

Its been a long day...
Lipo flavonoid finally arrived. . Lucky for me a friend just happened to fly back to india..
And a session of hbot .. and doctor said " never treated anyone for tinnitus here .. esp in india by hbot.. " he said will give a 7 day course and see how it goes...
Hbot is not cheap here... close to 80usd per session. . If I see improvement I will try to cut a deal with him for longer course. .

And my t seems to come from left side now.. either I am too tired or left side too started to buzzzzz..

Hbo chamber was made of glass partially and had a tv to watch movies.. and speaker to hear outside sound. . So I was pretty comfortable inside...
View attachment 1652
Good luck with hbot. Wish you all the best. I take the same lip flavonoid pills, it helped me a lot during a spike after a long flight.

@Sherri786 thank you.. I will keep taking the lipoflavonoids.. got two bottles of them..
I am hoping hbot would help...at the least it will help my heart..

I am asking my doctor for oral setriods. . Seems like hbot killed my infection in ear faster... but want to do a ct scan of temporal bone.. darn idiots. . Why they not treat or do diagnosis properly:arghh:
Why they want to wait and see ...idots..
Sent me to psychologist... that idot asking me to accept its not curable. . Before even trying any proper treatment.. I refused to take xanax anymore.. melatonin doing a good job of knocking me out for good 6-7hrs ..

I would advise trying to find a clinical trial that is directed towards the acute phase. About the sad fact is that ENTs tend to know fuck all about Tinnitus even relative to their patients. It's not only wrongful, it's. disrespectful the way they often treat tinnitus patients. Often is the case, that in the acute phase you are the most treatable and that's when doctors tell you to sit there and wait. Bigotry in action.

@II Packy II I am in India not many treatment options available for me..
For now doing hbot. .

Well from my understanding is that as long as you understand and willingly accept the conditions of a clinical trial, there are trials in Sweden, etc. I do mot know what your budget is, but if you have the means, it would definitely be worth considering. We are on the verge of a tinnitus cure, at least in my opinion, but time is always of the essence with tinnitus.

I have few thousands to spend.. as always there are other issues .. visa tickets .. and language
Last they should accept me..

Can you post or pm me the trial details I will try to contact them and see..how it goes..

I have few thousands to spend.. as always there are other issues .. visa tickets .. and language
Last they should accept me..

Can you post or pm me the trial details I will try to contact them and see..how it goes..

I'm not exactly the best person to consult with regard to trials in Europe as I am in the United States and in fact I am in one of the regions of the United States who have less than spectacular ENTs and research facilities in regard to hearing.

Hmm..
"Que sera, sera"
" whatever will be, will be"...
I just have to make do with what I have then..

Two trials I think
AM-101
Autifony
But both are out of reach. .
Am101 for people who live within 200 miles of test center.
Autifony phase 1 ..dono about phase 2..maybe can opt for it if I get a chance

Am 101.. I seriously doubt about that I can opt in. .
Autifony maybe I can get a chance. .when phase 2 is out

10 days into hbot..
So far Minor improvement. .
T became less noticeable in large open space or traffic. . Maybe a small reduction in volume. .
Loudness when waking up also reduced..

Currently on
Lipoflavonoids 6 tabs a day
Gingko tablet 2 times
Coq10 300mg

Melatonin 3mg to help me sleep in night. .

@JAKUB go to an ent who would work with you do a full evaluation. .
Makesure nothing else is wrong.. get an audiogram (basic and high frequency) done.. Probably a ct scan (temporal bone ct less than 1mm resolution) and mri too if possible. .
If no treatable causes found give am101 a try.. even for that they will not take in idiopathic causes (you have to verify on this) .. if you Have hearing loss accompained with T am101 is worth a try. ..

@JAKUB
ENTs are useless I totally agree on it..
From what I read am101 is pretty safe. . Seems many had good results in reducing the T volume. .unless off course u get a placebo.. but u still might get second chance in getting the real am101 after 3 months. .
If u ok with the risk .. I would say go ahead. .

I had no choice but to take aspirin as I had heart attack caused by blood clots...
I was advised to take aspirin daily indefinitely. ..to avoid another attack. ..
I came to my home in india after two weeks of my heart attack. ..so in india now on long leave from job..
If its not for this tinnitus I would be happy and back to my old self...

I am least worried about another attack now. ..I stopped taking plavix
Statin ppi aspirin. .. (done all test for heart and blood .. I am healther than i was 6 months ago..)
This buzzing is driving me crazy esp at night and when I wake up in the morning.. morning its very clear its my right ear which is screaming. And it subsides slowly to bearable level.. ..my ent says its nervous system weakness. ...
He is the one who nurtured me back to stable form when I had sinusitis and panic attacks after one month heartattack. .. . ...
I suspect ototoxicity or my reduced congicative behavior during past two months. ...
Honestly I could not even see straight. .. everything around me was jumpy. . Barley abled to see a computer monitor for more than 5 mins..had sensitivity to light. . Loud sound. . Oddly it was my left ear that was sensitive.. but now the noise is from right ear..
But now I am cycling/jogging upto 5-8 km in 25mins and riding my old motor bike. . Seeing clearly. .crowded places does not scare me. ..Going out into crowded and noisy place makes me forget the buzzing in my head. ..
Ent doctor gave me 15 days worth of
Piracetam + Ginkgo biloba + Vinpocetine tables and xanax .5mg . .
( trying to replace xanax with pure clam for sleeping)

Will wait for a week or so to find someone specialized in tinnitus .
I am also looking into hboc and tinnex...and acupuncture. .its been so hard..
Sinusitis? What are you allergic to and when was the onset of it versus the T symptoms? You may have inflammation in your middle ear, etd or residual fluid thats thickened (otitis media w or wo effusion).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now