Tinnitus for 13 Months — Still Suffering — Have Tried White Noise Generators, Mindfulness, CBT

Bazan

Author
Nov 25, 2017
Tinnitus Since
10/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Still struggling to be honest, I thought by now I'd be able to cope much better. I have tried everything, WNGs (still have them on), mindfulness, CBT.

Not sure how I am ever to get to a place where I can co-exist with my tinnitus and live a life of not suffering...

You got tinnitus the same time I did, just give up on habituation and support bio-medical research to bring us a cure.

You got tinnitus the same time I did, just give up on habituation and support bio-medical research to bring us a cure.

I tend to agree.

Think about it.......If your T went away or descreased in volume wouldnt it be easier and safer to tell people you got used to it? In case it comes raging back again.

This is how 'habituation' was born. But it doesn't work for those of us who don't get the volume down unfortunately....we desperately need a cure.

I tend to agree.

Think about it.......If your T went away or descreased in volume wouldnt it be easier and safer to tell people you got used to it?

This is how 'habituation' was born. But it doesn't work for those of us who don't get the volume down unfortunately....we desperately need a cure.
the problem is tinnitus goes away but you still have hearing damage and possibly noise induced pain.

@Bazan . Sorry to hear this. I didn't start to feel better until about 18 months to be honest. I'm not sure if this applies to you but one problem I had for a long time was only measuring my success by whether I was aware of my T or not. This led to constant disappointment and anxiety. I began to accept that my T was so intrusive that it was unrealistic not to perceive it. I began to measure my success more by how well I was coping with daily life. Once that happened I really began to improve mentally. The great thing is that then I began to start forgetting about it from time to time. I still have ups and downs though. I also made big breakthroughs when I started to force myself not to use any sound therapy, but you may not be ready for that. Let me know if I can help at all.

the problem is tinnitus goes away but you still have hearing damage and possibly noise induced pain.

Yeah I don't give a shit about hearing damage. I just want the goddamn neurons to calm the f*** down and the noise to stop. I would happily accept 20% of my hearing for silence.

Yeah I don't give a shit about hearing damage. I just want the goddamn neurons to calm the f*** down and the noise to stop. I would happily accept 20% of my hearing for silence.
normie, as long as hearing damage exist tinnitus can come back.

@brownbear thanks is as always for your advice, yiu def hit the nail in the head regarding hearing it, it impossible to not be aware of it as it's loud / intrusive and yes I thinks it def. time to start weaning myself of the white noise , might try 3o mins a day and build it up slowly

still struggling to be honest, i thought by now id be able to cope much better, tried everything WNG,s, still have them on, mindfulness, CBT, not sure how i am ever to get a to a place where i can co exist and live a life of not suffering....
Hang in. It takes time. As you I have very bad days but I have more okay days of what the heck.

Forget about habituation and just ride white knuckle until a cure???

Not the best sounding advice I have heard a forum member give to another.

You need to tap the brakes.

Habituation to some extent is at least temporarily possible in my opinion and it is the only reason I will be able to go to work today and avoid living in the street a while longer.

Habituation certainly does not decrease the volume of my tinnitus-
But it does decrease my fear of the volume so that I can function and focus enough to face another day.

I have to take what I can get now.

Who knows how long it will be before a doctor is actually standing next to me preparing to pump FX-322 into my ears.

Very difficult to imagine that happening anytime soon for a peasant like me.

Best wishes to all.
Have a great day.

Forget about habituation and just ride white knuckle until a cure???

Not the best sounding advice I have heard a forum member give to another.

You need to tap the brakes.

Habituation to some extent is at least temporarily possible in my opinion and it is the only reason I will be able to go to work today and avoid living in the street a while longer.

Habituation certainly does not decrease the volume of my tinnitus-
But it does decrease my fear of the volume so that I can function and focus enough to face another day.

I have to take what I can get now.

Who knows how long it will be before a doctor is actually standing next to me preparing to pump FX-322 into my ears.

Very difficult to imagine that happening anytime soon for a peasant like me.

Best wishes to all.
Have a great day.
How about habituation to hyperacusis. Impossible. We need big pharma to save us.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now