Tinnitus Frequency Survey for Science Fair

christichen

Author
May 10, 2013
Hi everybody,

I am doing a science fair project on the frequency of the tone that you hear when your ears are ringing. My hypothesis is that over 50% of people hear the same tone. It is just a hypothesis, so I may be correct/incorrect. I stumbled across this forum and I understand that tinnitus affects your life in some way, so I think that your input could greatly help me. Could you please reply to this thread with:

1. Your tinnitus frequency (if you don't know your frequency, you can use this website http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/ to find out)
2. Your age

Thank you so much for your help!

How did you come up with this idea for the science fair project? Do you have tinnitus yourself, or know someone who does?

1. About 9500 Hz
2. 27

Good luck with your project! :)

1. High pitched hissing/static sound. I can't really match the tone at all.
2. 27

1. Freq = 13.5 kHz, sounds a little like crickets chirping very, very fast.
2. 55

I hope you'll post you project report somewhere for us to read it.

1) around 4khz with some electricity like chirping/hissing with it
2) 33

1. About 8500 hz
2. 66 (almost 67)

I have a high-pitched hissing tone, plus pulsating undercurrent, and some hearing loss.

how do u measure the hz of the tone? mine changes from annoying hissing to pulsating when lying down and hearing test last year noted no hearing loss

Wow, I can't believe most of you have a much lower frequency pitch than me. I can't even hear my tinnitus tone on that website because I have high frequency hearing loss. My tone is over 14kHz.

The Audiologist told me a tinnitus masker won't work for my tinnitus because it's too high pitched! :(

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now