Author
Benefactor
Aug 4, 2017
Brooklyn
Tinnitus Since
07/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
The Spring Issue of the ATA's quarterly magazine, Tinnitus Today, is now online for a limited time period. The printed version will be sent to ATA members, in a couple of weeks. The topic this month is primarily about habituation, but there are many other features and articles included. If you like what you see, join the ATA - it's a very worthwhile organization that is making a difference and will continue to do so with our support.

Attachments

• TinnitusToday-Spring2018.pdf
    16.5 MB · Views: 127
@Luman

Do you have a link to the magazine?

@Luman

Thank you. I went to their website and couldn't find it.

The Spring Issue of the ATA's quarterly magazine, Tinnitus Today, is now online for a limited time period. The printed version will be sent to ATA members, in a couple of weeks. The topic this month is primarily about habituation, but there are many other features and articles included. If you like what you see, join the ATA - it's a very worthwhile organization that is making a difference and will continue to do so with our support.
Wow, this is great. Thanks for sharing it. Dr. Hubbard recommends the issue of the magazine in an article on the ATA website, and if one searches for it on the Internet, the first thing one finds is your post/thread here.

Wow, this is great. Thanks for sharing it. Dr. Hubbard recommends the issue of the magazine in an article on the ATA website, and if one searches for it on the Internet, the first thing one finds is your post/thread here.
I first encountered that magazine while in the waiting room of Dr. Hubbard's practice in NYC. I then became a subscriber for a year or so.

I first encountered that magazine while in the waiting room of Dr. Hubbard's practice in NYC. I then became a subscriber for a year or so.
Then you were a direct patient of the famous Dr. Hubbard and learned there to respond (thoughtfully) to your tinnitus rather than to react (emotionally) to it. In an earlier post you once gave me the advice to deal with my tinnitus in this way in order to experience improvement.

Then you were a direct patient of the famous Dr. Hubbard and learned there to respond (thoughtfully) to your tinnitus rather than to react (emotionally) to it. In an earlier post you once gave me the advice to deal with my tinnitus in this way in order to experience improvement.
Yes, I was a patient of Dr. Hubbard. His approach to Tinnitus Distress is based on his own experience with tinnitus, and his professional expertise as a psychotherapist using CBT and mindfulness. There is no scientific cure for typical tinnitus, but the mind eventually adapts to it, and as you know, this is referred to as habituation. The techniques used by Dr. Hubbard and others can help with the difficulties along the way. His article in the 2018 issue of Tinnitus Today is excellent.

Yes, I was a patient of Dr. Hubbard. His approach to Tinnitus Distress is based on his own experience with tinnitus, and his professional expertise as a psychotherapist using CBT and mindfulness. There is no scientific cure for typical tinnitus, but the mind eventually adapts to it, and as you know, this is referred to as habituation. The techniques used by Dr. Hubbard and others can help with the difficulties along the way. His article in the 2018 issue of Tinnitus Today is excellent.
I recently had a one-on-one coaching session with him online, and I found his advice helpful. I'm also considering signing up for the CBT Tinnitus course with him. However, I'm a bit perplexed and unsettled by the many negative comments about him on Tinnitus Talk. His articles in Tinnitus Today, our personal conversation, and what I've heard from you several times now all suggest that he is very competent and can genuinely help.

What do you think about this? Can you offer me some reassurance or recommend longer-term treatment with him?

I recently had a one-on-one coaching session with him online, and I found his advice helpful. I'm also considering signing up for the CBT Tinnitus course with him. However, I'm a bit perplexed and unsettled by the many negative comments about him on Tinnitus Talk. His articles in Tinnitus Today, our personal conversation, and what I've heard from you several times now all suggest that he is very competent and can genuinely help.

What do you think about this? Can you offer me some reassurance or recommend longer-term treatment with him?
For several years, a small contingent of very vocal and opinionated members opposed all approaches to tinnitus, other than a scientific cure. Some of them harassed those they disagreed with, reported them, etc. Fortunately, they are mostly gone and this type of behavior is now rare.

Dr. Hubbard had not yet unveiled the CBT Tinnitus Course when I was his patient, but I can say with full confidence that he knows what he's doing and it will be worth your time and money. He helped me, tremendously.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now