To Take Cymbalta or Not?

Nodding off to normal sleep had to feel amazing. It took 1mg lorazepam and 6mg melatonin same time to get me to sleep. I diffently didn't nod off to sleep. Tonight I'm doing beer and melatonin. Beer has always, always got me to sleep. It's the waking up at 2or3 then not being able to fall back asleep again that's getting me.

Melatonin not f
Day 4 on cymbalta no effect on my t so far.

More importantly , how do you feel? Do you feel less stressed or down? Is it helping take the edge off?

I do generally feel more at ease today, but it usually takes 2 weeks to really see how it's going to effect someone so I have a ways to go.

I do generally feel more at ease today, but it usually takes 2 weeks to really see how it's going to effect someone so I have a ways to go.

I'm happy to hear that. I am starting cognitive behaviour and mindfulness in march. I am so looking forward to putting these negative thoughts behind me and enjoying my life with T

It's the waking up at 2or3 then not being able to fall back asleep again that's getting me.
Happens to me too if I don't take a Zolpidem. Other times I wake up half past the monkey's arse and quarter to his .....? I've been trying to get off of Zolpidem but it is difficult.

Just to update you guys I am stopping the cymbalta. Not because of anything to do with tinnitus but I have been doing a lot of research and it seems that this particular anti depressents is extremely difficult to come off of. I will be trying something else though On Monday.

I would look for rTMS treatment. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation is used by psychiatrists to treat depression and also it is shown that it brings relief in tinnitus patients. So basically two ducks with one shot.

I would look for rTMS treatment. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation is used by psychiatrists to treat depression and also it is shown that it brings relief in tinnitus patients. So basically two ducks with one shot.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a damn duck. rTMS = probably worthless IMHO.

Just to update you guys I am stopping the cymbalta. Not because of anything to do with tinnitus but I have been doing a lot of research and it seems that this particular anti depressents is extremely difficult to come off of. I will be trying something else though On Monday.
I've heard of brain zaps coming off this drug but perhaps it would have helped? Who am I to say though as I chickened out taking this med a couple times. I do believe some of us need some help though besides CBT.

I freaked out when I stayed reading all the horror stories coming off cymbalta. I have been on lexapro after my 2 previous pregnanciesand quit cold turkey and was fine so I'm going to go back to my psychiatrist and ask about celexa or zoloft.

I've heard some good things about Lexapro. I've never tried it but have been on Zoloft and Celexa in the past.

I freaked out when I stayed reading all the horror stories coming off cymbalta. I have been on lexapro after my 2 previous pregnanciesand quit cold turkey and was fine so I'm going to go back to my psychiatrist and ask about celexa or zoloft.
did you start a new med? are you doing it for Tinnitus?

I did! I am on day 5 of Zoloft. And it seems like it might be a little bit less loud but it's definitely not making it any worse so far so good :)

Watching this thread , I feel like I need something to deal with the depression that comes with this shit.
Hate drugs though...big dilemma.
Just curious about your delemma,,,,I am in the same position,,,on low dose ativan but hoping to ween off that soon,,,Have you tried any Anti D's,,,, I am in the same boat,,,,but need help

I'm doing ok on Zoloft too. Took me a long time to start it because I was so worried it would increase my T but thankfully it hasn't made a difference to it
How long have you been on it,,,,did anxiety pick up when you first started,,,how long before you felt a difference?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now