To Those of You Posting About Suicide, or the Ideation of Such:

That was what went through my mind too during the worst time. I add more to that during the 'wait' period. Why not try live life by 'finding joy amid the pain' and by 'living life abundantly to bury or balance out the pain of T'. During this wait time, the heck with T whatever it wants to do high or lo. Just do masking or find distractions of all sort. That loud ringing will not kill you if you don't react negatively and emotionally to it. Of course it is near impossible to do initially. But neuroplasticity will happen over time so it is possible for the brain to get less traumatized by T over time. In the meantime, go out explore the world and pursue your 'most wanted' list of things you wish to enjoy. If after this period is over and life is still unbearable, you can always go back to the old path as quoted above. Honestly I tried this path for a few years. The T bully just ran out of steam to 'cook and fry' me emotionally while I enjoy my life positively ignoring the sound and its crazy spikes (which can be heard above the jet noise during my travels and above the raging rapids in the wild salmon I fish). The heck with T now, high or low. I kick its butt with positivity. It is now just a paper tiger in my life.

I share the same attitude, my friend. The hell with tinnitus. Live, love and enjoy your life. Tinnitus could always be there, but life is precious and we live only once. I went to a sushi bar tonight..drank some wine and got a phone number. My ears were ringing loud and hearing was poor, but i laughed and loved it and have a possible date or hookup next week or very soon :)

Tinnitus is horrible, but it doesn't mean that life should, not be lived!

Tinnitus is horrible, but it doesn't mean that life should not be lived!

I have never met a T-suicidal person who thought that life should not be lived. They all wanted to live, including the famous cases: Gaby Ohltuis is very explicit about it in her interview.

T takes away lives from people who unequivocally want to live, not unlike other fatal illnesses.

I have never met a T-suicidal person who thought that life should not be lived. They all wanted to live, including the famous cases: Gaby Ohltuis is very explicit about it in her interview.

T takes away lives from people who unequivocally want to live, not unlike other fatal illnesses.

I say this in a nice way, read the posts on this forum. I stand by my words and that will never change.....

I now understand dark thoughts only because I had them and how driven it was, I didn't think of anyone and I was all into it, and that bothered me, due to I never had diease before I call T a diease. And I had those dark thoughts from the start of T. But I believe dark thoughts come from knowing there is no treatment. Docs act like it is a tiny boo-boo, it's not dangerous to you. They are just turning there heads away from you. They don't help to find a solution. I don't know where to start a treatment but I rather put my energy instead of dark thoughts, to how do we turn it around for the right treatment. If we keep feeding into dark thoughts or it will eventually get better idea,. There will never be a true treatment or cure. Live like a zombie.

For people who can't seem to grasp my point, let me simplify:

The bigger cause of concern here is quality of life. As a society, we're all so focused on keeping people alive but not on giving them reasons to want to. Many people are suffering so much due to various causes but we care only when they kill themselves or make an attempt.

Suicides are the outliers. But the walking dead? There are way too many of those. That's not okay but it is what it is.

A friend's dad has Parkinson's. When she asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he said he wanted to die. I also visit chronic pain forums to look for alternative pain treatments and meds. Those places are more depressing than TT. Most people there have suicidal ideation and then I found out that they've been in pain for years and decades. I find that much sadder than suicide. I hope my survival instinct isn't that strong. But my maladaptive brain that gave me T and H will probably make me want to hold on until I'm 85. Isn't that nice.

At least the dead are no longer suffering. Unpopular opinion here, but there I said it.

What about someone like me who not only has Tinnitus, but over 30+ other symptoms, including a tremor inside my body that feels as if every single cell (and we have billions of them) is vibrating constantly like you've had a billion electric toothbrushes implanted into your body?. It invades your every waking moment, and if you do manage to get to sleep, the only time you don't feel it, you get woken up again not long after by what feels like someone shaking the bed and screaming into both ears at once.

Doctors look at me gone out, get it wrong, like 'you say it feels as if your head is buzzing' or 'does it feel like palpitations?' no my duck, it does not, and by the umpteenth attempt at explaining it, you manage to get referred on to the relevant departments but then get told the waiting time is two and a half months, when you're already at the point where another two and a half hours is inconceivable.

I know I can't manage much more of this, no amount of talking about it, waiting six months for 'therapy' or positive thinking will stop this will it. If most medics responses to it are anything to go by, I'd just get a very perplexed look from someone used to people with depression or OCD, not a severe, persisting, worsening physical illness.

There's also the very real possibility for me that this is progressive, and will only get worse.

I bet I could counter any argument suggesting that a life like mine is worth living.

So can't we all start a tinitus community where only sufferers can live in? You know like when people live off the grid and don't be support much outside their community.. hehe if I was a billionaire I would make this possible, a healing and living space for us all!

So can't we all start a tinitus community where only sufferers can live in? You know like when people live off the grid and don't be support much outside their community.. hehe if I was a billionaire I would make this possible, a healing and living space for us all!
It would be kind of nice to live with people who can only sympathize.

For people who can't seem to grasp my point, let me simplify:

The bigger cause of concern here is quality of life. As a society, we're all so focused on keeping people alive but not on giving them reasons to want to. Many people are suffering so much due to various causes but we care only when they kill themselves or make an attempt.

Suicides are the outliers. But the walking dead? There are way too many of those. That's not okay but it is what it is.

A friend's dad has Parkinson's. When she asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he said he wanted to die. I also visit chronic pain forums to look for alternative pain treatments and meds. Those places are more depressing than TT. Most people there have suicidal ideation and then I found out that they've been in pain for years and decades. I find that much sadder than suicide. I hope my survival instinct isn't that strong. But my maladaptive brain that gave me T and H will probably make me want to hold on until I'm 85. Isn't that nice.

At least the dead are no longer suffering. Unpopular opinion here, but there I said it.

I have to agree with this, especially as an atheist where I evaluate my life by this simple rule

Meaning of life depends on Quality of life depends on Quality of health.

So I have a contract with myself that I would continue living as long as the health component of my life remains intact, getting T has surely violated this contract, but for now I remain alive due my human instinct to survive, let's just hope medical science catches up before it's too late.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now