Trying to Live

goes the clock

Author
Jan 4, 2018
Tinnitus Since
10/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Possibly loud noises.
Hi guys. I'm posting from my phone, so hopefully everything looks good.

Now, my tinnitus story is interesting, at least to me. Sometime ago, i think in 2016, I got T. It was quite loud, but got much quieter. I went to the doctor, and they said it was wax buildup. They cleaned it out, and the ringing was gone. Stupidly, I thought everything was fine and listened to headphones. I only listened to podcasts and commentaries. The ringing was non existant, or was not there at all.

Then in october I woke up to ringing in my ears, and beeping when people talked. I went to the doctor, who gave me medicine. The ringing was there, but quiet enough that it did not bother me. Since then, I swore off using headphones and listening to loud music. A couple days ago(this was december) I woke up with a similarly quute loud ringing. I took the remaining medicine, and the ringing became quiet, but not enough to sleep properly.

I went to the doctor today, and he said that at my age(I'm 20) it should heal, and gave me suda fed to help me(my nostrils have consistently been stuffed since october). Hopefully he is right, and the ringing will heal. The ringing is honestly not bad. If I watch tv, I can barely hear it...or at least I could.

So, when my ringing came back, I got a bad case of beeping, though it has become very quiet. When there is a fan in the room, I hear the ringing is a little bit louder. If I turn the fan off, the ringing is quieter...but I then hear the quieter ringing. Again, I would love for the ringing to just go away, but if it becomes quieter, that would he just fine. I haven't gone to an ENT but my doctor said that I don't have any hearing loss.

My ringing does not appear to have gotten worse, so Im hoping it will just go away. I hope it doesnt last forever. I do plan on getting ear plugs to prevent this in the future.

Should I go see an ENT sooner? I really dont want to wait 4 more weeks(my doctor said I should give it more time to heal)

Despite that, Im trying to stay positive, and My classes in college are all online, so I dont have to worry about loud sounds on the bus. Again, I pray that it will go away. Im just shocked that I got it at such a young age.

Welcome to the forum.
It is a good idea to see an ENT to see if there is infection or inflammation inside the ears, sinuses or the Eustachian tubes. This is a good thread by from TT with step by step guidelines for new T patient. Your T seems quite mild at this stage. So try to relax and be positive to avoid too much stress and anxiety which can trigger or aggravate T. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

Hey guys, thank you so much for the advice/info. I wanted to ask you, in 3 days my family is going to disneyland. I want to ask, do you guys think my ears will be fine? I know I should get earplugs, but what kind? I am going, my family has given me no choice(that, and I havent gone in years) I would just like some advice.

Hey guys, thank you so much for the advice/info. I wanted to ask you, in 3 days my family is going to disneyland. I want to ask, do you guys think my ears will be fine? I know I should get earplugs, but what kind? I am going, my family has given me no choice(that, and I havent gone in years) I would just like some advice.
Not the same location, but I recently traveled to Disney World with my family. I used musician earplugs. They were my preference over foam because they were easy to quickly insert, fit my ears well, and I felt they were more hygienic. In such a germ-filled environment, I did not want to hassle with rolling foam plugs.

I also brought along earmuffs or my NC headphones for the fireworks and any shows or theater-style entertainment.

Some areas, like Tomorrowland, were slightly louder than other areas of the park. You might find this at Disneyland, too. But overall the volume was fine, never had to raise my voice to be heard. Honestly, the ocean waves were far louder on our days at the beach.

I was nervous before the trip, but it ended up being a great vacation and an excellent distraction. Barely paid attention to my tinnitus while we were there. Perhaps I'd habituate faster if I just stayed at the happiest place on earth. :LOL:

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now