Two and a Half Months with Tinnitus and Can't Cope at All

Discussion in 'Support' started by Priya997, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Priya997

Priya997 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10th June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After coming off a flight
      So I've had tinnitus for about 10 weeks now and I'm really badly struggling! I just want it to go! :( I cry every single day I am so so heartbroken it feels like I'm in hell.

It started when I got off a flight and noticed my ears were ringing, its not gotten better since then.

Is there any hope to this never ending pain?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one day at a time, try not to worry about more than that for now. Probably it will all get easier, but it may take a while.

3. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm a frequent traveler on airplanes and my ears always feel like they're clogged. It look more than a month before they popped and my hearing was back to normal. I recommend carrying some earplugs specifically for airplanes next time.

4. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey Priya, don't worry. This is your emotions playing tricks on you. Pray about it and if things don't get better soon, you may want to go to the doctor and ask for something to help you deal with the depression. I may have to do it myself. I have tried avoiding anti depressants for 7 years but if things don't change quick I might have to get on them. I probably could have avoided all this b.s. by avoiding klonopin long term.

5. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      The odds are in your favor that things will get better as it does for most people.

6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Priya997 .
      Time is a great healer.
      I would sugest talking therapy and medication if needed to help support you emotionally as it does help .
      When tinnitus invades your life it's a massive shock to your system and with lots of unwanted emotions like depression and lack of sleep and might have gone off eating and concentration problems and anxiety can make you think you are cracking up but believe me you are not .
      As time passes we do adapt to some extent and we have to fight to stay happy and remember we are in control of What makes us happy .
      We are with you every step of your tinnitus journey and support around the clock.
      Chin up duck.....lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1