• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Using Bose QC35 Headphones with Noise-Induced Tinnitus?

Thats how i got tinnitus and some hearing los in one ear(no idea why my left ear isn't effected at all.

Metallica,Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold and loads more i have seen, great memories. Wish i had known what tinnitus/ear plugs were at the time. Its a big awareness issue at concerts.

This was the only concert I attended, I was ok after but my hearing flat for a week, Would love to see them again. (muffs and plugs though) MY tinnitus in is my left ear, the right seems to be ok but the 4k dip is shown in both ears on audio gram.

This was the only concert I attended, I was ok after but my hearing flat for a week, Would love to see them again. (muffs and plugs though)

See, one comcert did that to you thats awful. I din'
This was the only concert I attended, I was ok after but my hearing flat for a week, Would love to see them again. (muffs and plugs though) MY tinnitus in is my left ear, the right seems to be ok but the 4k dip is shown in both ears on audio gram.

When you 5dp dip do you mean 25db? Up to 20db is normal hearing.

See, one comcert did that to you thats awful. I din'

When you 5dp dip do you mean 25db? Up to 20db is normal hearing.

No the concert didn't cause my problems. My issues are from exposure to a powerful alarm.

Nope, the audiogram dips by 5db at 4K

My Bose noise cancelling earphones gave me tinnitus.. .I think there must be something that they emit that is detrimental to hearing... Never had tinnitus before, only ever used them to watch sbs movies at low volumes

My Bose noise cancelling earphones gave me tinnitus.. .I think there must be something that they emit that is detrimental to hearing... Never had tinnitus before, only ever used them to watch sbs movies at low volumes
The noise cancellation is accomplished by sending out a canceling frequency of sound. Some folks state that their tinnitus worsens, so this is not the first report of it. Would cease using them if you are getting worse tinnitus, and just use passive ear muffs as needed.

The noise cancellation is accomplished by sending out a canceling frequency of sound. Some folks state that their tinnitus worsens, so this is not the first report of it. Would cease using them if you are getting worse tinnitus, and just use passive ear muffs as needed.

Strangely, though, it always seems to be with the Bose. I don't know that the Sonys are much less popular than the Bose (but I suppose they could be) but no one or virtually no one seems to report that they cause tinnitus. So I wonder if its because almost no one owns them, or because the technology is different.

Strangely, though, it always seems to be with the Bose. I don't know that the Sonys are much less popular than the Bose (but I suppose they could be) but no one or virtually no one seems to report that they cause tinnitus. So I wonder if its because almost no one owns them, or because the technology is different.

Hard to know as all proprietary technology. I do not own either, but would be nice to have a pair just to go to the dentist as the usual solutions for hearing protection do not work.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now