Author
Jun 6, 2017
Prague, Czech Republic
Tinnitus Since
3/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
TMJ
Hi everyone,

I'm suffering from tinnitus for over 6 months now. Some days are good, others bad, but so far I'm coping.

I'm having a cold now so my tinnitus is a bit worse than usual. Anyway, what I have been noticing is that my tinnitus always spikes when I'm driving my car, after driving a few minutes my tinnitus gets so loud that I can hear it over the engine. The spike wil settle down after the car trip, approx 45 minutes after.

I have the same spike during a shower and this spike also settles down 45 minutes after...

Does anyone know what is causing this??
My tinnitus is somatic and I have no idea why this is happening.

Thanks all :)

I can't understand that one either I and the wife drove across the US and every morning my T would spike then after an hour it would settle a bit then stopping for the night it went quiet only to do it the next day. I thought vibration and tire noise

I have the same problem when I drive mine will go up also mine stays up a little longer about 2 hrs them slowly comes down same in the shower I think it is the increased sound level and my ears don't like the frequency in the shower and vibration in the car I will wear earplugs in the car if it a long ride it helps a little

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now