Mighty Benefactor
Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2013
Denmark
Tinnitus Since
Resolved since 2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown (medication, head injury)
If you watch closely at the very beginning, it is clear she is not having any earplugs in. Then watch what the bass does to her hair... [Mind the volume if you are using headsets...]

The human race is such an intelligent species. Sigh.

(Probably the chick is now a member of TT).

"Stupidity of the human species" - TAKE 2:

A police officer decides to shut down the non-sense demo after which the crowd is confused beyond their intelligence as to why that is. Glad stupidity is not contagious; passing it on via genes it bad enough (evidently).

image.jpeg

That's what I'd ask them

She can use that clip in a follow-up video called, "Fun is a Moment, Tinnitus Is Forever." I hope she never has kids riding in a car with her.

it just shows the total unawareness that young people in particular seem to have as to the damage they are doing to their hearing! Christ! for sake of just turning it down a bit. If they knew how it is to suffer with the dreaded TINNITUS! I'm sure they would, and when they do find out it'll be too late! they'll be in the club with us.

I hope she never has kids riding in a car with her.
I guess you will appreciate the following clip in that case...

(Start watching at 3:45...).

I guess you will appreciate the following clip in that case...
Comment by wootfluke: "Seriously needs to wear ear protection unless he has some seriously good ear plugs I can't see. The only time I have been in a beast like this, I could not hear any treble or actual music because the low freq drowned it out, its like getting your head squeezed with air pressure and vibrations. very weird but sick feeling."

Comment by bajabilly2004: "fuckin stupid."

Look at those kids trying to act cool while their auditory systems are being assaulted. This needs to be on the ATA and BTA websites as an example of child abuse.

Another video that will make you rage.
And yet another. I'll admit that when I saw the guys clapping over the breakage, I just thought, "What a bunch of idiots," but when I saw the dog appear in the video, it made me angry. This is animal cruelty, no doubt about it.

By the way, this bass thing is very popular on YouTube. One person captions in their video that it's 156 decibels at 40 kHz. I cannot post online what I'm thinking because it wouldn't be polite.

Oh man, these dudes and those horrible subwoofers. I don't even get mad when I hear them out and about. If they are willing to destroy one of their sense for some sort of "street cred," they deserve it.

That being said, I do think amplifiers and subwoofers should come with warnings about not just hearing loss, but tinnitus. My 1,000 watt bass amp and 4x10 bass cab sure did not!

I don't think we should be that harsh on these people and qualify this as stupidity. Nobody chooses to get tinnitus, and they are probably not aware of the risks and are not making an informed decision. Especially teen age brains make decisions based on emotion rather than rationality.

I think these people deserve our sympathy and we should warm them and inform them. And as always, I think we should talk about people not on here as if they they were here.

Only my opinion, of course...

And yet another. I'll admit that when I saw the guys clapping over the breakage, I just thought, "What a bunch of idiots," but when I saw the dog appear in the video, it made me angry. This is animal cruelty, no doubt about it.
I didn't see the dog, but if there was one it's definitely animal abuse.
*Sigh*... As we are already not so great at preventing hearing damage among humans, how and when are we ever going to take the health of other animals in consideration? :(

That being said, I do think amplifiers and subwoofers should come with warnings about not just hearing loss, but tinnitus. My 1,000 watt bass amp and 4x10 bass cab sure did not!
Some amplifiers actually do! I think I remember reading these "This thing is capable of producing dangerous volume levels" in an SWR or Ampeg manual. It also mentioned hearing damage and that earing protection was advised for anything over 80dB/8hrs or something.

But why would they wear earplugs when 1) awareness is lacking so badly and 2) most people get hearing loss, not tinnitus or hyperacusis, from such negligence. We're just part of the unlucky susceptible minority.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now