Jamie m

Author
Mar 18, 2016
Tinnitus Since
3/13/16
Cause of Tinnitus
Music
Hello!
I have an odd question! I am going to Cancun on my honeymoon in May! But I already have professional ear plugs that work great, but so I need water ear plugs for swimming or if we go diving? Or can I even go in the water?

Sorry, I just got confused!

Jamie

Hello!
I have an odd question! I am going to Cancun on my honeymoon in May! But I already have professional ear plugs that work great, but so I need water ear plugs for swimming or if we go diving? Or can I even go in the water?
Sorry, I just got confused!
Jamie

Try not to let tinnitus stop you from enjoying life and doing everything that you want to within reason. I advise to wear earplugs for swimming and enjoy yourself. Try not to use your professional earplugs too often. There is a tendency for some people to use earplugs to suppress normal everyday sounds such as traffic noise and when travelling by train. It's not a good idea as the auditory system can become hypersensitive if one isn't careful. Below a is a link on hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) that you might find helpful
All the best
Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

Hi @Jamie m ,
Get some molded ear plugs made for swimming like my son did and a bit of vasaline on them will help keep the water out and a nose clip.....lots of love glynis

Thank you both!! I literally only wear my ear plugs maybe once a month if that, last time was at a bar in January when a band started playing. I just was checking with the water!!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now