What Does Your Tinnitus Sound Like?

baz 22

Author
Jan 17, 2016
Tinnitus Since
01/2016
So I thought it would be interesting to see how many varieties of tinnitus sounds there are.

I will go first, I found a video that sounds like mine. Sounds like this but low volume,

(warning this video is kinda loud) Keep on low volume ;)

Yep, I have a tone in my left and right ears with it being way more pronounced in my left. The right has a more pronounced fuzz/hiss that sort of staggers like a morse code at times to go along with a tone. I find that if I press with my thumbs on my temples the hiss/fuzz dies down for a split second and then rushes back. Also, if I stress my jaw the right ear hiss becomes a lot more intense and kills the fuzz for a split second too. But I can always hear the fuzz/hiss in my right ear. I think it would be worse to have a loud tone but the loud hiss is very distracting at times. Hate it.

Mine is a faint meeeeeee similar to an old computer monitor left on in a quiet room, but when I'm in my car or a quiet small room I here a sound like if you were to hold a cup over your ear as well.

This is kind of like mine except mine is a higher pitch and not irritating as Cicadas' when those little buggers hatch...I lived in Tennessee 22 years and remember a number of those broads, sometimes just a few years apart...:woot:

No exterior noise that I have ever heard sounds like my T, it's not a normal sounding sound.

I think I have two sounds, one that matches yours (the cicadas), slightly more high-frequent. Then I have like Martin, the dog whistle on top of it. Not as high-frequent as in the video but close. The volume is tolerable mostly, I can mask it fairy well even if sitting in a silent room feels like it amps up the sounds.

So I thought it would be interesting to see how many varieties of tinnitus sounds there are.

I will go first, I found a video that sounds like mine. Sounds like this but low volume,

(warning this video is kinda loud) Keep on low volume ;)

Mine is a high pitch static and ringing nose. It used to sound like a flight of bees...

Mine has several elements, a hiss, a low base, and a higher pitch that sounds like scary music. Is it worse when you have more sounds? What does it mean?

Mine has several elements, a hiss, a low base, and a higher pitch that sounds like scary music. Is it worse when you have more sounds? What does it mean?

I think each sound comes from the cells that have problems . like if you have damage in certain points of the cochlea probably youll here that frecuency bad . or will get T in that frecuency region . im not an ent . but its my best guess .

Mine is like the cycadas bot sharper and higher pitched. I get the dog whistle on and off. I get clicking and a low drown like a car in the distance. And a few others
Just a question, has anyone noticed an increase in loudness while sitting in front of the computer. I dont know if it just me but I am starting to think that the computer actually causes a spike, dont know

Mine just f..king sucks! :dunno: Like hissing snakes and and a dental drill. Although, I have periods, where it is very low in volume? Afternoon's are usually worse, around 2 pm. I have been using the "back to silence" method, which has been helping some. Keeping busy really helps too. I also have the dreaded, reactive type T. To much noise and it goes bonkers. I'm almost better with just limited low background noises. Crickets and Cicada bugs, masks my T almost completely. They are natures T angels for me.

Mine right now sounds like an "eeeee" but in the morning it sounded like a low volumed power saw. It's heard inside my head and mostly in my right ear. Sounds ok, doesn't really suck for some reason. It also sounds like fizz. Clicky...

So mine is really bad then and thus not as treatable? What can be done for me? I am losing my mind.

I dont know how really bad is , i work in the general medicine field , not an ent but have some experience and now I understand what patients feel . In my country (Chile) is not so advanced how we treat , they are not those intratypmanic injections that I read here . But in general in my experience at the beginig you can use some meds to relax , because at first we all panick , me too and being a doctor , one thing when you have the condition and youre a doctor is different . Ive tried many , many things , almost all . I realize that at the end , is relaxing and having patience , you can relax in many ways , via some pills or some yoga for example , all that will calm down the T . Its good information to have an audiogram , altough the T wont appear there , but just to know how we are hearing and to take control and protect our ears .

Mine just f..king sucks! :dunno: Like hissing snakes and and a dental drill. Although, I have periods, where it is very low in volume? Afternoon's are usually worse, around 2 pm. I have been using the "back to silence" method, which has been helping some. Keeping busy really helps too. I also have the dreaded, reactive type T. To much noise and it goes bonkers. I'm almost better with just limited low background noises. Crickets and Cicada bugs, masks my T almost completely. They are natures T angels for me.

Good to see you're improving! Hope it continues!

The closest sound to my tinnitus I can find on youtube so far, you can hear between 0:15 to 0:20 and then 0:27 to 0:35 on this video. Mine is a bit higher-pitched but similar type of sound. It truly sucks. What does your sound like?

Actually an important thread.
To subsume any auditory impression as tinnitus neglects a not unimportant diagnostic criterion.

Mine is in the left ear, it sounds like static. Every now and then I get a high pitched buzzing but when I put my finger in both ears then remove them the buzzing stops.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now