What's a Safe PPI Medication for Acid Reflux/Heartburn?

I just take Tums and it works almost instantly and doesn't have any impact on my T.

Oh wow. I take about 4-5 750 mg tablets per day. I wonder what a safe consumption level is for Tums?

I was taking nexium for ears but went to see a naturpath and he gave me licorice root. It worked well for about a month but now my reflux is going crazy again.

Yikes. How many tums were you taking?

From what I read they calcium in tums is not the same calcium that causes kidney stones.
Kidney Stone Myths

MYTH: Kick Calcium to the Curb

"This is a big myth-buster here," says Kristina Penniston, PhD, registered dietician and researcher in the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Urology. "Sometimes we actually need to increase a person's calcium intake. People that form calcium stones will say, 'Whaaaat? I've been told to avoid dairy all my life!' To that I say, 'Yeah, and you've continued to form stones, right?!' "

Many people fear calcium because they hear stones are made of calcium, but the truth of the matter is if your calcium intake is too low, you're at risk for over-absorbing oxalate, a common compound we eat in many foods. Over-absorbing oxalate can lead to extra oxalate in your urine and that can lead to calcium oxalate stones

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now