Woke Up Today with an Ant Inside My Ear, Still Feels Weird.

meeruf

Author
Benefactor
Sep 9, 2013
Norway
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Diving
So, been in Thailand for two days. This was my second night. Woke up around 05.00 with some weird pain inside my right ear. (My ear with bad tinnitus). I was dizzy and felt a little need to puke. I thought I had an ear infection or something so I went straight to the hospital in Bangkok. Don't want to have my vacation destroyed and I don't take any chances with that ear...

Since I'm a tourist with travel insurance, the hotel just sent me to the best private hospital here. To be honest the hospital looked like a palace. I got to see an ENT doctor within 5 minutes (amazing). He took a look inside the ear, and guess what, he found a fricking ant inside my ear!! A dead ant together with some earwax and blood. He took a vacuum cleaner and sucked everything out. They even had a camera and a TV monitor so I could watch him do his work.

I got something called Sofradex, like a liquid antibiotic to put inside the ear. I still have some pain and it feels weird. I could see in the TV it was a lot of blood. Could not hear anything. I said to the doctor that I was a little worried, but he just called me a chicken, smiled and gave me a clap on the shoulder. Does anybody have a similar experience?

Maybe the ant had come in thru the other ear and traveled across....just kidding. Hehehe
About 6 months ago a flea got in my ear during the night. It kept moving around. That was annoying! I tried putting water in my ear, thinking the flea would climb out or float out but that didn't work. Thankfully it eventually left on its own.

Hi Meeruf,
Hope your ear settles down soon with your antibiotic drops and having your ears cleaned out.
Wow what a chance of having a ant in your ear .... Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels......lots of love glynis

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now