Kristian M

Author
Jul 20, 2016
Tinnitus Since
01/07/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Noise exposure
Hi guys,

My name is Kristian and I'm 19 years old. I live with my mom and father in Denmark. I went to a festival 3 weeks ago, and when I returned home I noticed this ringing in my ears mostly in my right ear. The first week was really bad, and then the next one and a half week seemed a lot better (i didn't notice it besides laying alone in bed) and the last 2-3 days it has changed tone. Now it doesn't come from the ears but from the head, which i recognize a lot more..

I'm only 19 and I've always been very outgoing and social. My life is ruined. I can't live this forever, and my parents are hurting to see me like this. I have no joy and I just want to sleep so I'm absend. I have visited an ENT - no hearing loss no nothing. I can never go out clubbing again and I feel like shit. I'm soon starting to get insane.

Don't know if I can live with this forever...

Any sort of treatment is more than welcome. I know that there isn't a miracle cure.

I also have the head T , the ear T does not really bother me compared to the head stuff.
You are "only" 3 weeks in so there is hope yet for it to go away , also , you are young.
Its always worst in the beginning , both in regards to the actual T and "getting used to " this intruder.

What you can do early on is ask your ENT for steroid treatment or even HBOT , but this is time sensitive and needs to be done NOW. Also go get some NAC or N-acelcystene... and B-12 , eat this stuff like candy for the next week or so.

good luck mate , we are here for you.

Thanks RaZah. The ear T doesn't bother me at all anymore but the head T sure does :( I will talk with my parents about your suggestions.

Hi Kristian M,
Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
I have just read your story and at first tinnitus can be a real shock to your system and feel real mental torture and can get it in your ears and head.
You have adapted a little with tinnitus in your ears and your head tinnitus should settle too as your brain tries to build up it's own natural filter to what your brain sees as a threat.
In time you will adapt better and hopefully it will go for good or find its own base sound that is more manageable.
With tinnitus comes unwanted emotions like anxiety and low mood and stress and lack of sleep and these can be harder to deal with as depression can take hold.
You will get round the clock support on here so ask away any questions you might have and make some friends along the way.
Keep your doctor up to date in how you are coping and don't be afraid to ask for help be it medication or talking therapy...lots of love glynis

Yes I will. Thanks a lot for your time and answer..

I just don't get it :( I have never been sick or on any medication. I'm "perfect" or at least I was.

#sad

Hi, my name is Madi. I got T late Feb. this year. Unfortunately you're gonna go through tons of different twists and turns and hit a bunch of walls emotionally. It's important to realize that those feelings are temporary. You get over T for the most part and it's nothing but a minor bug you have to deal with. I know it sucks that you're young and you have T, I mean I should know I'm 15, but I'm telling you things only get better. I know it's hard, but focus on the great things like your parents, friends, hobbies, etc. The faster you are able to get up and move around the better things will be. Sitting inside with T doing nothing sucks and it hurts you more than helps you. Remember we never receive anything that we cannot handle and you can handle this.

Hey ^^ You might have T, but that doesn't mean your life is over, okay? I got T when I was 12, also after noise exposure at a concert. Now I'm 18, almost 19, and it doesn't really bother me much. It was rough in the beginning, but it passes. You get used to it and eventually you won't really notice it much. I haven't tried any treatments, just dealt with it by myself instead. You should find your own way of dealing with things, but aim for getting to terms with living with it. Don't let it ruin your life. That choice is up to you.

Good luck and by all means please talk to me if you want~

EDIT:
Oh and for the never going clubbing again thing... There's a lot of people with T who's afraid of high noises (or even noises in general), but buy good earplugs and you can go clubbing, go to concerts and such. I still love concerts and since I wear earplugs there hasn't been any change in my T or any noticeable hearing loss. At worst it's a bit louder before I go to bed that night, but it's gone the next day. This is not the end of your social life. Always have some good earplugs with you and you should be fine.

Hi guys,

My name is Kristian and I'm 19 years old. I live with my mom and father in Denmark. I went to a festival 3 weeks ago, and when I returned home I noticed this ringing in my ears mostly in my right ear. The first week was really bad, and then the next one and a half week seemed a lot better (i didn't notice it besides laying alone in bed) and the last 2-3 days it has changed tone. Now it doesn't come from the ears but from the head, which i recognize a lot more..

I'm only 19 and I've always been very outgoing and social. My life is ruined. I can't live this forever, and my parents are hurting to see me like this. I have no joy and I just want to sleep so I'm absend. I have visited an ENT - no hearing loss no nothing. I can never go out clubbing again and I feel like shit. I'm soon starting to get insane.

Don't know if I can live with this forever...

Any sort of treatment is more than welcome. I know that there isn't a miracle cure.

First off, 3 weeks in is too early to give up - ESPECIALLY if you have NO hearing loss, are young, and didn't stick your head in a speaker stack at said festival. It sounds like your ears have recovered completely, and the "sound" is exclusively in your brain now. You ever get a song stuck in your head after hearing it for weeks on end? Your brain just listened to a loud buzz for like, 3 weeks. It's gonna take a little while longer for your brain to forget it.

A lot of my relatives have had loud brain T that decreased to a point where it is no longer noticeable. Yours has already gone down in volume, centralized, and is recovering pretty quickly... why would it stop getting better?

The very fact that it has changed tone and volume several times so quickly is a fantastic reason for you to believe it will probably go away, or diminish to a point that it's no longer intrusive.

Think of it this way - if you cut your arm deeply, you're gonna have to wait a few weeks for it to heal.

@Kristian M , whats up man.

I was exactly like you a year ago. 19 highly social loves to party in loud places.

Im still doing allthat but just be sure to wear ear plugs and give yourself a break from the music every so often.

Right now i suggest that you avoid all loud sounds for a few months, take all the supplements suggested on this thread and wear earplugs if there is noise that is too loud. Keep your strees low and exercise.

You can heal a little bit and then go from there.

Chris martin has tinnitus and he still plays concerts all over the world. Youll be fine.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now