2020 US Presidential Election

upload_2021-2-23_16-22-12.png

I would love to know how I can help shutdown OAN.

I suppose those were the good old days. That would be tough driving on the left side of the road. I suppose Australia is the same. It seems to be ass-backwards just like the left wing people.
I didn't mean to offend the people that drive on the left. I know quite a few countries are that way. It's whatever you're used to.

Pretty amazing (unbelievably actually) that a prominent politician has to make a speech like this...

This is a sign of how much trouble the GOP brand is in

In a speech on Tuesday in Washington, Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney said something remarkable.

"It's very important, especially for us as Republicans, to make clear that we aren't the party of White supremacy," she said at an event at at the Reagan Institute. Of the January 6 riot at the US Capitol, Cheney added:

"You certainly saw anti-Semitism. You saw the symbols of Holocaust denial. ... You saw a Confederate flag being carried through the rotunda. We, as Republicans in particular, have a duty and an obligation to stand against that, to stand against insurrection."

Consider that. Cheney, the third-ranking Republican in the House, felt compelled to make clear to her fellow Republicans that they can't be the party of White supremacy...
So there you go. Liz Cheney essentially saying the GOP has become the party of:

White Supremacy
Anti-Semitism
Holocaust Denial
Confederate Flags

As unbelievable as that is, she could have mentioned many other things that are just as bad--or worse. Like the party of voter suppression; lunacy and lies; climate deniers; conspiracy theories; anti-democratic values; (as in supporters of insurrection; etc.

Pretty amazing (unbelievably actually) that a prominent politician has to make a speech like this...

This is a sign of how much trouble the GOP brand is in

In a speech on Tuesday in Washington, Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney said something remarkable.

"It's very important, especially for us as Republicans, to make clear that we aren't the party of White supremacy," she said at an event at at the Reagan Institute. Of the January 6 riot at the US Capitol, Cheney added:

"You certainly saw anti-Semitism. You saw the symbols of Holocaust denial. ... You saw a Confederate flag being carried through the rotunda. We, as Republicans in particular, have a duty and an obligation to stand against that, to stand against insurrection."

Consider that. Cheney, the third-ranking Republican in the House, felt compelled to make clear to her fellow Republicans that they can't be the party of White supremacy...
So there you go. Liz Cheney essentially saying the GOP has become the party of:

White Supremacy
Anti-Semitism
Holocaust Denial
Confederate Flags

As unbelievable as that is, she could have mentioned many other things that are just as bad--or worse. Like the party of voter suppression; lunacy and lies; climate deniers; conspiracy theories; anti-democratic values; (as in supporters of insurrection; etc.
She doesn't say those things because she's fine with all that stuff. She's still a standard Republican. She's just a little more subtle about her rhetoric.

Why is the military still there?!? LOL.

Various districts and their mayors, such as the authoritarian nutjob in Michigan want them patrolling their neighbors to enforce COVID-19 measures.

Unbelievable.

What do you guys think of Biden's 1.9 trillion plan to stimulate the economy? Good idea? Nonsense?
If I'm being honest I think it's probably too big but I'm okay with it. Unfortunately he can't really go down because the big stimulus checks were a major campaign promise. If that wasn't the case, I'd say the bill should probably be closer to about 1 - 1.2 trillion. Especially because Biden is following it up with a multi trillion dollar stimulus.

Why label all conservatives that way when it is only a tiny percentage? Btw have you been tested for TDS?
My friend, I like you so I'm going to let you in on a little tip. Although I don't find the TDS joke to be particularly funny or even true that hating Trump is "derangement", but the punchline is that someone brings him up out of the blue and you call "TDS".

You seem to use the joke in a way where you bring up Trump and then say others have TDS. When you do the bit in this way, it kills the punchline because it makes the punchline become that you are obsessed with Trump as a sycophant rather than the person you are mocking is obsessed in a deranged way.

My friend, I like you so I'm going to let you in on a little tip. Although I don't find the TDS joke to be particularly funny or even true that hating Trump is "derangement", but the punchline is that someone brings him up out of the blue and you call "TDS".

You seem to use the joke in a way where you bring up Trump and then say others have TDS. When you do the bit in this way, it kills the punchline because it makes the punchline become that you are obsessed with Trump as a sycophant rather than the person you are mocking is obsessed in a deranged way.
"Trump Deity Syndrome"

I think my finger slipped when I posted that one. I remember typing it but not posting it. It was too late to cancel. I often do ratings by mistake with an iPad.

On January 20, 2021, about a year after COVID-19 deaths first started in the the United States, the total number reached 400,000.

As of today, a little over a month since Biden has been president, the number of deaths has surpassed 500,000. That's a huge increase in one month and confirms to me that Biden's claims of having a plan to combat COVID, were all lies.

Jan. 20, 2021 -- The U.S. passed 400,000 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, nearly a year after the country's first case was confirmed in Seattle on Jan. 21, 2020.

U.S. reaches 500,000 deaths from the coronavirus

On January 20, 2021, about a year after COVID-19 deaths first started in the the United States, the total number reached 400,000.

As of today, a little over a month since Biden has been president, the number of deaths ishas surpassed 500,000. That's a huge increase in one month and confirms to me that Biden's claims of having a plan to combat COVID-19 were all lies.

Jan. 20, 2021 -- The U.S. passed 400,000 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, nearly a year after the country's first case was confirmed in Seattle on Jan. 21, 2020.

U.S. reaches 500,000 deaths from the coronavirus
The only thing it confirms is that the plan is taking too long to pass thru Congress.

Back during late Spring and early Summer my wife sometimes went to a Walmart 4 miles from our house with no traffic lights to get there. 10% of the shoppers did not have masks and most of them refused to accept one from store personnel at the entrance. So she started to go to a Walmart 8 miles from our house in the other direction with many traffic lights on route. Everyone at this Walmart wore a mask. Same thing with 2 area Costco's, 2 Trader Joe's and other food markets. Some shoppers were all in compliance at some stores and with others stores, 10% were not. Costco has a policy - no wear mask - no entrance, but at one location, some shoppers would take their masks off once they got inside.

Not going to get into reasons or judgement as to why there were differences, but if everyone wore a mask back then, the count of illnesses would be less. 11 hospitals in our county with (2 very large level I trauma hospitals) and all were full to capacity with COVID-19 patients. Nursing homes had many cases.

If I'm being honest I think it's probably too big but I'm okay with it. Unfortunately he can't really go down because the big stimulus checks were a major campaign promise. If that wasn't the case, I'd say the bill should probably be closer to about 1 - 1.2 trillion. Especially because Biden is following it up with a multi trillion dollar stimulus.
Wouldn't that have triggered inflation and an interest rate hike?

Back during late Spring and early Summer my wife sometimes went to a Walmart 4 miles from our house with no traffic lights to get there. 10% of the shoppers did not have masks and most of them refused to accept one from store personnel at the entrance. So she started to go to a Walmart 8 miles from our house in the other direction with many traffic lights on route. Everyone at this Walmart wore a mask. Same thing with 2 area Costco's, 2 Trader Joe's and other food markets. Some shoppers were all in compliance at some stores and with others stores, 10% were not. Costco has a policy - no wear mask - no entrance, but at one location, some shoppers would take their masks off once they got inside.

Not going to get into reasons or judgement as to why there were differences, but if everyone wore a mask back then, the count of illnesses would be less. 11 hospitals in our county with (2 very large level I trauma hospitals) and all were full to capacity with COVID-19 patients. Nursing homes had many cases.
The thing that honestly gets me lately is that people think they are using "common sense" when they say things like:

"if masks worked, why do people wearing masks still get sick..."

The most important person to wear the mask is the (hopefully unknowingly) infectious one. If that person doesn't wear one, you are still going to get transferred droplets.

Somehow this got turned into "well, if you want to live in fear then you wear a mask..."

Well let's see, America hit 300k on December 14th and 400k on January 19th. So Trump also did a devastatingly bad job?

You did say there's "no excuse".
2020: No vaccine had been available for COVID-19.
2021: Vaccine has been available, yet the number of deaths has been the same as it was before the vaccination was available.

Biden has done absolutely nothing to improve the situation of COVID-19 deaths, according to the data.

2020: No vaccine had been available for COVID-19.
2021: Vaccine has been available, yet the number of deaths has been the same as it was before the vaccination was available.

Biden has done absolutely nothing to improve the situation of COVID-19 deaths, according to the data.
Well considering the death numbers lag a few weeks behind the infection data (which would only make sense since COVID-19 often takes a few weeks to kill you) and Biden has been just over a month, that would make sense.

For instance, my BFF's dad who died from COVID-19 had it for almost a month before dying.

Like, most of the people who died from COVID-19 under Biden got infected under Trump's watch. This is indisputable. The vaccine can't help you if you're already infected.

Well considering the death numbers lag a few weeks behind the infection data (which would only make sense since COVID-19 often takes a few weeks to kill you) and Biden has been just over a month, that would make sense.

For instance, my BFF's dad who died from COVID-19 had it for almost a month before dying.

Like, most of the people who died from COVID-19 under Biden got infected under Trump's watch. This is indisputable. The vaccine can't help you if you're already infected.
The only death of someone I personally know took over a month as well.

Hold up, we can definitely talk about this but we weren't done talking about Joe Biden on COVID-19 yet.

So now on January 20th, we had 190k new cases while yesterday there were about 78k. New cases are already cut in half, seems like a good sign under Joe Biden. With new cases cut in half, deaths should go down soon.

Regarding the air strike in Syria, I'll condemn Biden's hawkish garbage the same way I condemned Trump's hawkish foreign policy decisions. Biden shouldn't be doing them.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now