2020 US Presidential Election

Of course, they should definitely be permitted to marry and be every bit as miserable as heterosexual married people are. :)
Love and marriage, love and marriage
They go together like a horse and carriage
This I tell you brother
You can't have one without the other
It's an institute you can't disparage
Ask the local gentry
And they will say it's elementary
Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try and you will only come
To this conclusion
They go together like the horse and carriage
Dad was told by mother
"You can't have one, you can't have none, you can't have one without the other"
Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try and you will only come
To this conclusion
They go together like the horse and carriage
Dad was told by mother
"You can't have one, you can't have none, you can't have one without the other"

That fool of Christine Lagarde wants to keep purchasing useless Spanish and Italian debt to reduce the yield between our debt and the German bund.

This is another basic policy pitfall that will in the end make the euro disappear.

Our Beloved and Respected Leaders are working hard to bankrupt the eurozone.

In an ironic turn of fate now Scotland wants to be independent from the UK. They want to be back in the EU... poor things... they do not know the disaster Christine Lagarde is doing on this side of the channel.

This Rasmussen poll shows that, regardless of their feelings about abortion, 50% of Americans agree with the overturning of Roe vs. Wade.

Rasmussen Poll: 50 Percent Support SCOTUS Abortion Ruling
A new poll Tuesday by Rasmussen Reports finds that half of the country approves of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last week to overturn the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision and send the issue of abortion back to the states.

The poll, released Tuesday, found that 50% of the people approve of the court's decision last week to overturn the federal right to abortion granted under the almost 50-year-old Roe v. Wade decision, and send the issue back to the individual states to decide, including 38% who "strongly approve" of the court's ruling.

Just under half — 45% — of those surveyed disapproved of the decision, including 38% who "strongly disapproved," according to the poll.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/rasmussen-poll-gop-democrats-abortion/2022/06/28/id/1076466/

This Rasmussen poll shows that, regardless of their feelings about abortion, 50% of Americans agree with the overturning of Roe vs. Wade.

Rasmussen Poll: 50 Percent Support SCOTUS Abortion Ruling
A new poll Tuesday by Rasmussen Reports finds that half of the country approves of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last week to overturn the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision and send the issue of abortion back to the states.

The poll, released Tuesday, found that 50% of the people approve of the court's decision last week to overturn the federal right to abortion granted under the almost 50-year-old Roe v. Wade decision, and send the issue back to the individual states to decide, including 38% who "strongly approve" of the court's ruling.

Just under half — 45% — of those surveyed disapproved of the decision, including 38% who "strongly disapproved," according to the poll.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/rasmussen-poll-gop-democrats-abortion/2022/06/28/id/1076466/
Would like to see male vs female in that chart.

"As a woman myself. And a daughter of a woman. And a granddaughter of a woman."

It's hard to believe that this person could actually become POTUS. When she was first nominated for VP, and I expressed my opinion about her, there were people that acted as if I had just insulted one of the greatest minds in history, lol.

CNN gives Kamala Harris the easiest layup — and she still misses

CNN+ may have flopped but CNN? got off to a boffo start Monday afternoon with its exciting new game show, "What the Puck Is Kamala Harris Talking About?"

Harris might have guessed what she'd be asked to talk about, and she was: CNN's Dana Bash wanted to quiz her about Roe v. Wade, or rather, present an opportunity for Harris to rip into the Supreme Court for nixing it after 49 years. Instead, the "Huh? Show with Kamala Harris" led off with an odd digression about how the veep was on Air Force Two, flying to Aurora, Illinois, to talk about maternal health with someone named Lauren Underwood (a member of Congress) and "chair of the Judiciary Committee Dick Durbin."

Every member of Ruth Sent Us must have been grinding her teeth waiting for Harris to get angry. When Harris finally did get around to her feelings about Roe, gently coached by Bash to remember that she is a woman, Harris almost got stuck in an infinite regression to the concept: "As a woman myself. And a daughter of a woman. And a granddaughter of a woman."

Read more here:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/cnn-gives-kamala-harris-the-easiest-layup-and-she-still-misses/

Today's data of inflation in Spain... despite being a totally cooked data: 10.2%!!!

And real inflation must be in the region of 25%.

Great job Christine Lagarde... the useless central banker!!! :ROFL: :LOL:

Donald knew it all :ROFL: :LOL: :eek: :blackeye:

January 6 testimony puts Donald Trump in even greater legal peril

Former president and senior aides face exposure over knowledge that supporters were armed and intended to march on Capitol

January 6 testimony puts Donald Trump in even greater legal peril | January 6 hearings | The Guardian

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYplGWBvQbvwQ8-b5jhLxeuNg_guV5-bHIGQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Shop workers blame cost of living stress for rising abuse
Violence towards customer-facing staff on increase again, says report, as new penalties come into force

2888.jpg

Latest figures from the Institute of Customer Service revealed 44% of frontline retail staff have faced hostility from customers in the past six months. Photograph: Rui Vieira/PA

Abuse and violence towards shop workers and service staff is on the rise again, research shows, with a quarter of those reporting hostility blaming the cost of living crisis putting increased stress on customers.

Figures from the trade body the Institute of Customer Service (ICS) revealed 44% of frontline retail staff have experienced hostility from customers in the past six months – up by a quarter from the figure of 35% in February.

It comes as new powers come into force on Tuesday, which will allow for large penalties to be handed to customers who attack and abuse shop workers. The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022 was given royal assent in April.

The policy change came after a host of retailers reported a surge in attacks on workers during the pandemic.

Tensions are continuing to rise and this is thought to be linked with declining consumer sentiment amid the cost of living crisis, according to the ICS.

Jo Causon, the institute's chief executive officer, said: "Today's change in the law is a reason for celebration for all those who campaigned for service with respect for our nation's hard-working, frontline service professionals.

"These new stricter sentencing guidelines will provide vital protection for workers against a backdrop of heightened customer stress and frustration relating to rising prices, and falling levels of service due to widespread skills shortages.

"I worry that UK businesses are becoming trapped in a catch-22 situation, with tensions boiling over into abuse that triggers staff absences leading to further frustration.

"We must break this cycle, by acting together as a society to offer our support to hard-pressed, frontline workers."

The ICS research, from a poll of more than 1,300 customer-facing staff, found that over a third – 35% – believe that the public's behaviour and tone have become more aggressive over the past six months.

Meanwhile, 33% of workers who have experienced hostility cited higher levels of anxiety among shoppers as a trigger for customer hostility and 25% specifically linked it to price increases.

Causon added: "As a nation, we find ourselves at the mercy of stock and staff shortages related to global and domestic issues.

Someone should tell this to Christine Lagarde and her useless ECB!!! ---->>>>

"These issues aren't going away, and so price rises and inflation will be on the cards for many months yet.

"To prepare for this, I urge employers to adopt a zero-tolerance approach to hostility, ensuring their employees are trained to handle difficult situations when they arise."

That fool of Christine Lagarde wants to keep purchasing useless Spanish and Italian debt to reduce the yield between our debt and the German bund.

This is another basic policy pitfall that will in the end make the euro disappear.

Our Beloved and Respected Leaders are working hard to bankrupt the eurozone.
Juan.

I think you should be concerned about your own country. Roe vs Wade being overturned probably means less abortions which a pro-life person would welcome.
Obligatory.

82333C8A-5E91-4C28-9957-0E17782A145A.jpeg

Joking aside, this is a politics thread, anyone should be able to express their viewpoints regardless of which country they're from.

Besides it no secret that many countries do observe what we do, whether it's culture, policy, or whatever. And so there's always potential that it could spread outside the country. France is already talking about wanting to put abortion rights in their constitution for instance.

Also the number of abortions has been declining in the last 3 decades and most abortions are carried out in the first trimester.

ft_2022.06.23_abortiondata_01.png

All the more reason why this RvW decision is silly. It's 2022 and we're still fixated on abortion lmao. There are other more pressing matters to focus on.

Powell has said in Sintra he sees a very strong US economy with a great labour market... which means interest rates are going up and up and up...

Christine Lagarde will be staring and doing nothing; it's her habit... snoring and pocketing a huge salary while the euro goes down the drain. This will mean additional economic pain for EU households, more inflation, more expensive gas...

Obligatory.

Joking aside, this is a politics thread, anyone should be able to express their viewpoints regardless of which country they're from.

Besides it no secret that many countries do observe what we do, whether it's culture, policy, or whatever. And so there's always potential that it could spread outside the country. France is already talking about wanting to put abortion rights in their constitution for instance.

Also the number of abortions has been declining in the last 3 decades and most abortions are carried out in the first trimester.

View attachment 50803

All the more reason why this RvW decision is silly. It's 2022 and we're still fixated on abortion lmao. There are other more pressing matters to focus on.
A considerable amount of people in America consider abortion, especially late-term procedures, to be outright murder. Others consider it to be a denial of human rights to the unborn.

The United States is made up of 50 states, and the purpose of that is to allow for people in different regions to tailor certain laws to their preferences.

I'm tired of hearing people who live in states that intend to keep very liberal abortion laws and demand that other states follow their political and moral beliefs. This type of intolerance is not good for America.

Fifty percent of Americans, according to the Rasmussen poll that I posted recently, regardless of their opinions regarding abortion, agree that it was time to end Roe vs. Wade.

While Christine Lagarde keeps losing precious time doing nothing... the euro is going down the drain.

The answer is clear: RAISE THE INTEREST RATES!!!

A considerable amount of people in America consider abortion, especially late-term procedures, to be outright murder. Others consider it to be a denial of human rights to the unborn.

The United States is made up of 50 states, and the purpose of that is to allow for people in different regions to tailor certain laws to their preferences.

I'm tired of hearing people who live in states that intend to keep very liberal abortion laws and demand that other states follow their political and moral beliefs. This type of intolerance is not good for America.

Fifty percent of Americans, according to the Rasmussen poll that I posted recently, regardless of their opinions regarding abortion, agree that it was time to end Roe vs. Wade.
I mean you're not wrong in the sense that if people, more importantly women, voted for this then so be it. I just don't know about forcing birth over rape and medical cases. I mean if you have mainly men voting for this, then it's probably not a good thing. Just my opinion. Like how would us guys feel if majority of women voted for us to get snipped? We would be pissed.

This summer will be remembered as "the summer of strikes":

Royal Mail managers vote to strike over jobs dispute
Unite union members back walkouts over plans to cut 542 frontline delivery managers' jobs

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...managers-vote-strike-jobs-dispute-unite-union

In the Basque Country steel workers are already burning tyres and fighting against the police. It's like the good old times!!!

Here is another devastating blow, by the SCOTUS, to the Biden administration. This is all blowback for the overspending and overreach of the Federal government, that he supports.

Supreme Court deals Biden climate agenda serious blow with EPA decision
The ruling in West Virginia v. EPA was highly anticipated
The Supreme Court dealt a significant blow to the Biden administration's climate change agenda, ruling Thursday that the Environmental Protection Agency cannot pass sweeping regulations that could overhaul entire industries without additional congressional approval.

The 6-3 decision limits how far the executive branch can go in forcing new environmental regulations on its own.

Read more here:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...iden-climate-agenda-serious-blow-epa-decision

The witch hunt against Trump that has been going on for all these years is not likely to be successful. Don't count on anybody "getting Trump", anytime soon. :)

Judge clears Trump of contempt in New York attorney general's fraud investigation

A New York judge ruled Wednesday that Donald Trump is no longer in contempt for failing to turn over documents demanded in a subpoena by the state's attorney general.

The former president's April 25 contempt finding came after he contested a December subpoena seeking records related to his personal finances and the financing of several properties. Trump claimed he had no material that was responsive to the subpoena, leading to demands by the judge and the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James that his attorneys provide detailed explanations of how they conducted their search.

"Although we are pleased that the court has lifted the contempt finding, we maintain that it was wholly unwarranted and improper in the first place," Alina Habba, an attorney for Trump, said in a text message. "We will push ahead with our appeal to secure justice for our client."

Trump was fined $10,000 per day through May 6, when his attorneys first filed explanations of their attempts to search for subpoenaed documents. In the weeks since, the judge and the attorney general have demanded affidavits from two dozen Trump Organization employees and attorneys in an effort to learn how Donald Trump's eponymous company has for a decade apparently kept nearly no records on the personal finances of its namesake.

Read more here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-contempt-cleared-new-york-fraud-investigation/

Reversing an almost 50 year legal precedent is going to bring us to a new chapter of abortion litigation among battling states and I frankly think it's going to divide us as a union even further. I'm open to allowing red states the reserved power to restrict late term abortions with specific exceptions (woman's health, complications, etc). I can compromise with that.

But most importantly, the main concern I have with the RvW decision is that by reversing a almost 50 year legal precedent and returning abortion rights back to the states, more legal issues will start to emerge because it won't stop with abortion rights. One of the things Justice Alito makes clear in his majority opinion, is that the option to criminalize abortion is on the table. I worry that the prohibition of abortion will lead to the criminalization of abortion in some of these states. Texas and Alabama state legislators are already discussing penalizing and criminalizing anyone traveling and seeking abortion services in another state. As I said earlier, if abortion becomes a felony in one state and a resident living there gets issued an arrest warrant for traveling to a pro choice state, does the pro choice state have to abide by the extradition clause found in the constitution if the accused is staying there? I can bet you they won't and that's likely where the Supreme Court will once again have to get involved.

It's complete clusterfuck, there's going to be so much legal battles. Women in particular will have to now navigate through a chaotic abortion landscape.

P.S. I have trust issues with Rassumen. They're known to have a conservative bias in their polling, it's not to discredit them as I think their polls have some use. And as @Wrfortiscue alluded to, the poll never specified who the demographics in their polling were. I would like to see the sample population.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now