2020 US Presidential Election

If the President of the United States cannot hold classified documents, who can? Biden did it, as both VP and President, as did many others. This DOJ action is nothing more than an election witch hunt to make Trump's campaign more difficult. Meanwhile, the war-supporting neocon President Joe Biden is falling down again. I wouldn't mind having a Democratic president if he or she was competent and aware, but this administration is not and should be voted out. Additionally, a vote for Biden is a vote for Kamala.

He would first have to run as a Democrat; he's running as the People's Party candidate.
But just like most candidates running that don't have a chance of winning, he's doing it for financial gain.
Hi Jammer,

I wasn't taking Dr. West seriously as a candidate, I like him, but find him way too quirky and spasmodic. I've followed him loosely over the years and he occasionally has a dialogue with Glenn Loury and John McWhorter.

I was referring to the Governor of New Hampshire, Chris Sununu. A Republican who is not a cult member or completely craven and corrupt.

To @Luman:

Your self-serving, alibi-ridden invective reminds me of the guy who is nabbed for drugs by undercover agents, and who complains that all sorts of other guys at the club where he was arrested were also doing this but were not charged.

So, how does that alter the character and circumstances of this particular guy's specific charges for criminal possession? Should we therefore not prosecute anyone until virtually everyone who has committed a particular offense is arrested?

Besides, Trump and his stooge sycophants are no match for the Long Arm Of The Law as instituted by Merrick Garland (who, please recall, got Final Justice for Timothy McVeigh; this is not his first time in the Prosecutorial Rodeo for determining if criminal malfeasance was instigated and undertaken by the American Right).

As I said previously, there is an old Arab saying: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.

Will any of your accusations matter when Trump is confined to a Correctional Facility in an Orange Jumpsuit?

Also, many people in my suburb (which is Highly Educated Liberal, with 90% having voted for Obama) are asking, "What could Trump conceivably do to appear more repulsive that he already is?"

Hi Jammer,

I wasn't taking Dr. West seriously as a candidate, I like him, but find him way too quirky and spasmodic. I've followed him loosely over the years and he occasionally has a dialogue with Glenn Loury and John McWhorter.

I was referring to the Governor of New Hampshire, Chris Sununu. A Republican who is not a cult member or completely craven and corrupt.
Agree that Sununu is a true Republican. Unfortunately, he'll never have a chance in the current Republican party platform, which lives on the flesh of RINOs.

Truly, it's all a bunch of malarkey.

If the President of the United States cannot hold classified documents, who can? Biden did it, as both VP and President, as did many others. This DOJ action is nothing more than an election witch hunt to make Trump's campaign more difficult. Meanwhile, the war-supporting neocon President Joe Biden is falling down again. I wouldn't mind having a Democratic president if he or she was competent and aware, but this administration is not and should be voted out. Additionally, a vote for Biden is a vote for Kamala.
Trump brought all of this on himself. Had he just turned over the government records when he was instructed to, repeatedly, by the NARA in 2021, there would have been no criminal investigation into it and he wouldn't be indicted in this case today.

Biden & Pence both did. As soon as it was discovered there were classified materials on their properties they basically said, "oh shit, yeah come and get them. Look around the place, those shouldn't be there. Take your time."

Trump straight up spent a year and a half stonewalling NARA when they were asking for specific items they couldn't account for, eventually turning over a small portion and giving a sworn attestation that it was everything he had, then apparently directed a bunch more be moved after they were requested, then kept bullshitting the Archives until the FBI had to act on an insider tip and get a judge's warrant to come take them.

The crime here is not necessarily that they ended up at Trump's property; shit happens and the benefit of the doubt can be afforded when executive officials with access to these things make the move back to private life, unless there's evidence they were deliberately stolen and not just lost in the shuffle. But this is why conspiracy and obstruction charges are in the indictment, because he lied to the feds about it and had help stashing the documents.

Trump said on tape "As President, I could have declassified, but now I can't."

Once again. Trump doomed by his own spoken words.

Who do you think would be a viable replacement for Joe to run as a Democrat?
Good question. Really hard to say, there's not much marketable candidates at the moment that I can think of for the Democrats tbh. Andrew Yang left the party, he was my guy. He has good solutions to combat automation and corporate advances in AI.

Right now, Dems are relying on the power of incumbency with Biden which is the right move, but they definitely need a new face for the Democratic Party and soon...
Hi Jammer,

I've seen Sununu on Real time with Bill Maher. He seemed to be really sensible for a Republican. A governor who's actually more concerned with governing people than playing politics from what I could gather. I think governors make good US Presidents in general though. Good leadership, etc.

Btw, I could listen to John McWhorter and Glenn Loury all day! Love those two. I watch Glenn's podcast from time to time. Coleman Hughes is spectacular too. Probably my favorite.

To @Luman:

Your self-serving, alibi-ridden invective reminds me of the guy who is nabbed for drugs by undercover agents, and who complains that all sorts of other guys at the club where he was arrested were also doing this but were not charged.

So, how does that alter the character and circumstances of this particular guy's specific charges for criminal possession? Should we therefore not prosecute anyone until virtually everyone who has committed a particular offense is arrested?

Besides, Trump and his stooge sycophants are no match for the Long Arm Of The Law as instituted by Merrick Garland (who, please recall, got Final Justice for Timothy McVeigh; this is not his first time in the Prosecutorial Rodeo for determining if criminal malfeasance was instigated and undertaken by the American Right).

As I said previously, there is an old Arab saying: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.

Will any of your accusations matter when Trump is confined to a Correctional Facility in an Orange Jumpsuit?

Also, many people in my suburb (which is Highly Educated Liberal, with 90% having voted for Obama) are asking, "What could Trump conceivably do to appear more repulsive that he already is?"
What the hell do I care how "repulsive" Trump appears? I'm not interested in sleeping with him. He got the job done and kept us out of war. He had to deal with a disease that nobody had a clue how to handle. He never promised to end it, which Biden did, saying (2020) that any president with that many deaths (220,000) should not be in office.

Biden had another 600,000 deaths during his term, never resigned, and never apologized for his failures. He (Biden) is now involved with using Ukraine to help unseat Putin, at the deadly cost of hundreds of thousands of lives and over 77 billion dollars from the American taxpayers.

He is a corrupt neocon, not fit to be president, and would be best served by impeachment if it wasn't for Kamala, who owes her entire political career to Willie Brown whom she was "romantically" involved with. The best we can hope for, at this point, is for a different Democratic candidate, other than Kamala, or his defeat by his Republican opponent.
Trump brought all of this on himself. Had he just turned over the government records when he was instructed to, repeatedly, by the NARA in 2021, there would have been no criminal investigation into it and he wouldn't be indicted in this case today.

Biden & Pence both did. As soon as it was discovered there were classified materials on their properties they basically said, "oh shit, yeah come and get them. Look around the place, those shouldn't be there. Take your time."

Trump straight up spent a year and a half stonewalling NARA when they were asking for specific items they couldn't account for, eventually turning over a small portion and giving a sworn attestation that it was everything he had, then apparently directed a bunch more be moved after they were requested, then kept bullshitting the Archives until the FBI had to act on an insider tip and get a judge's warrant to come take them.

The crime here is not necessarily that they ended up at Trump's property; shit happens and the benefit of the doubt can be afforded when executive officials with access to these things make the move back to private life, unless there's evidence they were deliberately stolen and not just lost in the shuffle. But this is why conspiracy and obstruction charges are in the indictment, because he lied to the feds about it and had help stashing the documents.

Trump said on tape "As President, I could have declassified, but now I can't."

Once again. Trump doomed by his own spoken words.
Yes, Trump has committed small crimes of foolishness, and arrogance. Biden is indirectly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. I understand that you don't get it, but I'll take the arrogance and document mishandling of Trump, any day, over what this incompetent war-loving, corrupt, lying president has done.

To @Luman:

But, what about Trump's grotesquely stupid recommendation during the start of COVID-19 that we drink bleach? Or, that he apparently approved of feces being smeared on the walls of the Capitol Building.

Once again, even if you are right, the Iron Wheels Of Judicial Power are going to render Trump powerless.

Will the World frankly care that Trump was so misaligned when he is in a Minimum Security Facility?

Remember, Machiavelli so accurately wrote that Power is the only currency upon which the World operates. Or, as Gandhi rightly said, morality is contraband (and irrelevant) in Political Disputes.
Trump's inevitable demise is indicated in how he has already displayed many of the features of a Castrated Giant.

The Clown might end up in jail.

Trump charged with 37 counts in classified documents case

Unsealed indictment accuses former president of conspiracy and lies in refusal to return sensitive intelligence.
After reading this indictment, the DOJ sure has got the goods on Trump, but I'm sure there are many who will say that Trump has only committed small crimes of foolishness and arrogance, which I assume means like Trump storing the document boxes in his bathroom, maybe?

Time will tell. Should be a fun ride.

Trump will not go to jail, this is just a desperate act by a government that is catering to the Military Industrial Complex, to keep a man in power who should have been in a nursing home five or more years ago.

Going after Trump is also a way to take the focus off of the current administration.

Those who are supporting this administration's death and destruction in Ukraine do not have any compassion and prefer to think that their leaders are clever by indicting Trump for petty things that have never received any attention at all, in the past.

Zelensky has brought martial law to Ukraine, conscription of males 18 to 60, and rules against leaving the country. Basically, he is a dictator. as well as a puppet of NATO and Biden. They do not care if millions die, and if they can get away with it, they will not stop. NATO has already said that it will continue to support this war, "for as long as it takes".

Enjoy your president's support of the Ukraine/Russian war, but don't expect all of us to do the same.

Alan Dershowitz's book "Get Trump" was right. Democrats are so proud of the 2nd worst President in history. That was Bill O'Reilly's opinion on the No Spin News on The First channel. He said the border crisis alone makes Biden an incompetent President.

To @Luman:

But, what about Trump's grotesquely stupid recommendation during the start of COVID-19 that we drink bleach? Or, that he apparently approved of feces being smeared on the walls of the Capitol Building.

Once again, even if you are right, the Iron Wheels Of Judicial Power are going to render Trump powerless.

Will the World frankly care that Trump was so misaligned when he is in a Minimum Security Facility?

Remember, Machiavelli so accurately wrote that Power is the only currency upon which the World operates. Or, as Gandhi rightly said, morality is contraband (and irrelevant) in Political Disputes.
Trump's inevitable demise is indicated in how he has already displayed many of the features of a Castrated Giant.
I think that it can be said with full assurance that Trump's off-the-cuff comment about COVID-19 did not cost one human life, but it has become increasingly obvious that the real cause of COVID-19 was due to the work of our beloved "America's Doctor", Anthony Fauci, through a lab leak from his Wuhan lab in the city where the virus started, which he went through great pain, with the cooperation of the media, and the pharmaceutical/medical establishment, to cover it up.

Despite nearly seven million deaths, worldwide, the Democrats are still harping about something Trump said, which meant absolutely nothing to anybody, as they ignore a situation that Biden has us involved in, which will no doubt cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians, not to mention the possibility of Russia uniting with China, and the threat of a nuclear and/or world war.

Trump's misdeeds are mild, he was an average president. Biden, however, is easily the worst we've had in well over one hundred years and the majority, including Democrats, do not want him to run again. That is my what about response.

@Luman, it can't be a witch hunt when the balance of powers in our government is working as intended.

Trump's still entitled to all the rights of a defendant. Full disclosure of the evidence, right to a speedy trial if he wants it, right to be tried by a jury, right to legal counsel. Trump's upcoming indictment is as fair as can be. Grand jury found sufficient amount to indict him.

This is standard procedure like with every other federal court cases that get handled each year. He builds a good case, he can get his acquittal. It's about as American as you can get.

In other words, that is what Biden & Pence both did. As soon as it was discovered there were classified materials on their properties they basically said, "oh shit, yeah come and get them. Look around the place, those shouldn't be there. Take your time."

The crime here is not necessarily that they ended up at Trump's property; shit happens and the benefit of the doubt can be afforded when executive officials with access to these things make the move back to private life, unless there's evidence they were deliberately stolen and not just lost in the shuffle. But this is why conspiracy and obstruction charges are in the indictment, because he lied to the Feds about it.

I listened to RFK Jr. being interviewed by Fox. He visited the southern border, unlike other Democrats, and said it was a disaster. He described in detail what was going on as he interviewed many of the immigrants.

RFK Jr. visits southern border in Arizona, calls migrant crisis 'unsustainable

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. visited the southern border in Yuma, Arizona this week, where he described the horrific conditions faced by migrants and said the crisis is "unsustainable."

"This is not a good thing for our country, it's not a good thing for these people and it is unsustainable," Kennedy said.

The Democrat said in a cell phone video with a section of border wall behind him that he saw migrants from Peru, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China and elsewhere. He said Border Patrol agents in the sector have encountered migrants from 117 nations in the last few years.

"They're put on buses and they're brought to the Border Patrol station where they're processed. After 4 or 5 days, they're released on their own recognizance into our country and most of them are never seen or heard from again," he said.

Kennedy went in-depth about his 3-day visit to the Mexican border, saying that he was surprised in one respect that many of the illegal immigrants egressing into the United States are not the typical Central American refugee, but that many he encountered came from India, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan and elsewhere.

"You look at the [Biden] administration's explanation of the problem. And I couldn't make heads or tails. It was really interesting when I went down there, because it took me the full three days that I spent on the border to really appreciate what was happening," he said.

Kennedy described going to the border around 1 AM local time and seeing "huge" groups come across, including about 60 Senegalese nationals, who he wasn't allowed to speak with after the Border Patrol took them into custody.

Trump could legally run, even if he is in prison and if he won, he could pardon himself.

The best strategy for the Republicans right now is to nominate Pence.

The overall best candidate, by far, is Bobby Kennedy, Jr. He could run as an independent.

Biden and Trump are over the hill, but of the two of them, I'd of course prefer Trump although I'd rather somebody else was nominated and elected.

@Jammer, @Juan:

All jokes aside, I really love & appreciate how tolerant, peaceful and rational Trump supporters are. We can't deny that, at the end of the day, they truly want what's best for mankind. This article explains everything:

Trump Extremists Demand Civil War, Mass Murder After New Indictment

Let's all take a read and see how Trumpsters are rationalizing what's going on, shall we?
"At The Donald, a forum for ultra-MAGA Trump supporters, users demanded public executions and other forms of lynching to avenge the federal prosecution of Trump, for the alleged mishandling of state secrets at Mar a Lago after he was no longer president.

A user named "Belac186" offered a far deadlier fix: "The only way this country ever becomes anything like the Constitution says this country should be is if thousands of traitorous rats are publicly executed." Commenter "DogFaceKilla" quickly chimed in to offer supplies: "I got some rope somewhere in the garage…" And "Heavy_Metal_Patriot" added: "Hans says we can borrow the flammenwerfer" — a reference to a battlefield flame thrower used to by German soldiers in World War II."
:wideyed: :grumpy:

Yay, looks like we may have another January 6, or worse, on our hands brewing up. Thank the heavens for Trump and his supporters. My God. They are not setting this country back at all.

@just1morething, care to explain this?

No. They must be some extremist group, unlike 99% of Trump supporters. TDS is alive and well with the Democrats. I'm okay with DeSantis or Pence being the nominee, but it will likely be Trump. Trump has the most experience to close the border and end the ridiculous war in Ukraine/Russia, costing the US taxpayers over 100 billion dollars, money we need to pay down our massive debt.

@Jammer, @Juan:

All jokes aside, I really love & appreciate how tolerant, peaceful and rational Trump supporters are. We can't deny that, at the end of the day, they truly want what's best for mankind. This article explains everything:

Trump Extremists Demand Civil War, Mass Murder After New Indictment

Let's all take a read and see how Trumpsters are rationalizing what's going on, shall we?

:wideyed: :grumpy:

Yay, looks like we may have another January 6, or worse, on our hands brewing up. Thank the heavens for Trump and his supporters. My God. They are not setting this country back at all.

Surprising that conservatives want tear up the country to give Trump's ego a hard-on and throw hard earned money into the rich guy's pocket, then complain about taxes.

And then they get mad because the same rules that apply to everyone have been applied to Trump.

Where did they put their own common sense while they complain about the lack of it in others?

Being a Trump supporter just takes another level of stupidity, which was created by conservative media and witnessed daily on this thread.

But it's really nothing new. Intimidation and threats are mothers' milk for the nouveau fascist Republican cult.

I am wondering how Richard Clarida, Vice President of the Federal Reserve from 2018 to 2022, can already be on PIMCO's payroll. Is that what Americans call "independence"?

The Federal Reserve is totally corrupt and Jerome Powell should quit or be fired.

Ogles files impeachment articles against Biden Administration

"Joe Biden hasn't just failed the American people with his abysmal excuse for 'leadership' – he's violated his sworn oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Joe Biden has repeatedly abused his position of power, both as vice president and president, to cover up his illicit family business dealings and exploitation of taxpayer resources. The American people know they can't depend on the so-called 'Department of Justice' to investigate the Biden family's corruption, and so it's up to the U.S. Congress to hold him accountable once and for all. Joe Biden is a disgrace to the Oval Office and should be stripped of his position and held responsible for his high crimes against the United States. His accomplice, Vice President Kamala Harris, has demonstrated her extraordinary incompetence time and again. She has allowed the land invasion at our southern border to continue unchecked, threatening the livelihoods of millions and the lives of thousands who have been murdered at the hands of illegal aliens and died from illicit fentanyl."

Here's what Trump posted Tuesday about prosecutor Jack Smith:

"He's a Radical Right Lunatic and Trump Hater and so are all his friends and family, who probably 'planted' information in the 'boxes' given to them."

Trump's showing his hand and projecting what he is onto other people. He's the thug. He's the Radical Right Lunatic. He can't even keep it straight in his head anymore.

I actually think he's cracking right now. Could a rational person believe this and put out those unhinged all caps whining insult attacks and think that somehow helps his campaign? Or that the country will somehow forget, overlook all his baggage and elect him President? These are not rational thoughts; Trump is running on pure unhinged reaction.

Here's what Trump posted Tuesday about prosecutor Jack Smith:

"He's a Radical Right Lunatic and Trump Hater and so are all his friends and family, who probably 'planted' information in the 'boxes' given to them."

Trump's showing his hand and projecting what he is onto other people. He's the thug. He's the Radical Right Lunatic. He can't even keep it straight in his head anymore.

I actually think he's cracking right now. Could a rational person believe this and put out those unhinged all caps whining insult attacks and think that somehow helps his campaign? Or that the country will somehow forget, overlook all his baggage and elect him President? These are not rational thoughts; Trump is running on pure unhinged reaction.
Trump is out there campaigning, while Biden does nothing. If he was not running, these charges would never have been filed. Trump has gained the Latino vote in Florida, and will no doubt get more groups to support him. People are tired of Biden, his support of the unwinnable, deadly, expensive war in Ukraine, the illegal aliens, woke policies, and his inability to lead this country. We will see what happens, he did fine during his first term, and probably won't do badly in the event that he serves again. If Biden wins, he will no doubt be replaced by Kamala before long, and that would spell disaster.

The conservative narrative is like a monkey swinging from one bad branch to the next - Trump has classified documents. Lies! Oh, he does. Well he can declassify them by thinking about it. Oh he can't and admitted that on tape? Well it's not a big deal because Clinton and Biden did the same thing. Oh it's not the same thing?

Well, it's not like they were just laying around, bathroom doors have locks! Oh the they were just laying around unlocked? Well, it's just some boxes. It's not like they were nuclear secrets or anything. Oh they were nuclear secrets? Well that's only a big deal if other people have access to them. Oh there's video evidence of Saudi royals and Russians spending the night in the ballroom? Well, it's not like either of those countries perpetually work against America's interests. Oh they do do that? Well, it's not like it was a quid pro quo.

Oh his son in law got $2B from the Saudis? Well it's not like... well... um... I don't care about the law. We shouldn't have laws. We need Trump to rule indefinitely so he can tell us what the law is.

That's where all this shit ends. Trump the King. That's what they want.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN etc. will not say a single word about Biden and his 5 million dollar bribery scheme. If it was Trump, they would be all over it. George Soros is probably part of the problem. I think some of the Democratic policies regarding equality are okay, but the weaponization of the DOJ and FBI are not okay, nor is the 70,000 deaths per year from Fentanyl, and the illegal aliens infiltrating the US with no background checks.

It appears that the Republicans could be protecting Biden by suppressing the "bribery" tapes.

The stars of this GOP witchhunt (Jordan, Comer and what's his name) finally admit that the "the Biden Bribery tapes" don't really exist, throwing the whole 5 million dollar Biden scandal down and clogging the throat of the GOP hoax machine.

This is not a surprise. But this new information doesn't matter to their base. Evidence is not necessary as Republicans react on the accusation, not the evidence. True evidence is found in Trump's second indictment, the spreading of national security documents. But they won't read it, because they're told it's a hoax by Trump and the MSM.

Many people say that the tapes are probably hidden in a cave with Hunter's laptop, Hillary's emails, and Trump's healthcare plan.

Time to queue another Republican Biden witchhunt.

To me it is fascinating that people in the US can be fanatics of some politicians. This is unthinkable in Europe. We despise all politicians...

In France there is another fascinating tendency, which consists of electing a politician as president and immediately starting to hate him. They wanted Macron and they had the pension reform, or rather they did not want Le Pen (maybe it would have been a better choice... who knows!)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now