2020 US Presidential Election

Did those police officers actually do anything to anyone? Or do they just stay there to look tough to disincentivize anyone do anything in Capitol?

I haven't heard any reports of police brutality from them but it could've slipped by.
Imagine if the right starts complaining about police brutality and everything looking like a police state if they went for another moment like the Capitol incident. There was a video I shared of Trump supporters getting pinned down by the police at a Pro-Trump protest and the comments were filled with MAGA boys crying like babies about it saying "dIS iZ cUmmUnISt opPResIon!!", and mind you this happened while Trump was in power.

Maybe my conspiracy theories about Trump being a communist is true?? /s for the ones that don't get irony, as some couldn't detect it in my previous posts.

It was already like that for years, but it took a possible boot in the face to realise that? Nothing even happened as you said, as it just seemed like Y'all Qaeda shit themselves about a "revolution" (go home you're drunk, and go play some Call of Duty to calm down) because there's a huge difference between cosplaying as an 80s action movie character and risking your life in a civil war over a dumbass buffoon who's considered a joke everywhere. Some were literally willing to risk their life for a joke... think about that, dying for a joke.

They like licking boots (you know "Back the Blue" and the over the top ass kissing of Trump), so they might be into that. Hey, I'm not judging them if they're a little masochistic, however I don't like the smell of stinky boots. They certainly enjoyed the 4 years of disaster by Trump as they were a glutton for punishment.

BackTheBlue_irl

avkZ8zo.gif

Odd thing is, that they would change their mind if they see the police running over protesters marching against police brutality saying they deserved it. Then in the next day, hate the police once they see right wingers getting pinned down for acting violent (just like them crying over some Trump supporters getting pinned).

They're in tactical gear. You call them police officers?
Okay, soldiers. What have they actually done to anyone? If they're just standing there as a show of force to dissuade terrorists, then I don't see how this is a police state. It's the Capitol city of the country, it should be protected.

Okay, soldiers. What have they actually done to anyone? If they're just standing there as a show of force to dissuade terrorists, then I don't see how this is a police state. It's the Capitol city of the country, it should be protected.
I am waiting to see what people think about my participation in this thread. Maybe people don't want me to. Maybe you don't? So, I am going to temporarily drop this topic and maybe of my own accord based on what you guys want. Hopefully, I am not forced to (i.e. from a ban). But, some people really hate me and my posts.

Imagine if the right starts complaining about police brutality and everything looking like a police state if they went for another moment like the Capitol incident. There was a video I shared of Trump supporters getting pinned down by the police at a Pro-Trump protest and the comments were filled with MAGA boys crying like babies about it saying "dIS iZ cUmmUnISt opPResIon!!", and mind you this happened while Trump was in power.

Maybe my conspiracy theories about Trump being a communist is true?? /s for the ones that don't get irony, as some couldn't detect it in my previous posts.

It was already like that for years, but it took a possible boot in the face to realise that? Nothing even happened as you said, as it just seemed like Y'all Qaeda shit themselves about a "revolution" (go home you're drunk, and go play some Call of Duty to calm down) because there's a huge difference between cosplaying as an 80s action movie character and risking your life in a civil war over a dumbass buffoon who's considered a joke everywhere. Some were literally willing to risk their life for a joke... think about that, dying for a joke.

They like licking boots (you know "Back the Blue" and the over the top ass kissing of Trump), so they might be into that. Hey, I'm not judging them if they're a little masochistic, however I don't like the smell of stinky boots. They certainly enjoyed the 4 years of disaster by Trump as they were a glutton for punishment.

BackTheBlue_irl

View attachment 43050

Odd thing is, that they would change their mind if they see the police running over protesters marching against police brutality saying they deserved it. Then in the next day, hate the police once they see right wingers getting pinned down for acting violent (just like them crying over some Trump supporters getting pinned).
This is a stream of conscious style really good point.

Police running over BLM protesters actually got cheered on by some MAGA folks but the National Guard show up (right after the Capitol was stormed by groups saying they wanted to kill Pence and Pelosi) as a temporary measure to prevent a terrorist attack and all the sudden the "police state" has gone too far.

I am waiting to see what people think about my participation in this thread. Maybe people don't want me to. Maybe you don't? So, I am going to temporarily drop this topic and maybe of my own accord based on what you guys want. Hopefully, I am not forced to (i.e. from a ban). But, some people really hate me and my posts.
Oh buddy, there is no problem with you participating here. And there's nothing offensive or whatever about this topic.

I just genuinely don't see the issue. The Capitol building is supposed to be one of the most protected buildings in America and they beefed up security after what happened earlier this month. I don't think that means we're becoming a police state.

Now I know you have different viewpoints than many others but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you being here.

Anyone following the GameStop, AMC stock story? It's wild and it illustrates two things well.

1) Share prices/the market are completely divorced from actual value and the economic performance.

2) The "free market" is only free for the billionaire class. When the hedge funds started losing massive amounts of money on the Reddit inspired $GME, $AMC short squeeze, the Robinhood platform halted trading in those shares (as of today) to stop their losses.

This is a stream of conscious style really good point.

Police running over BLM protesters actually got cheered on by some MAGA folks but the National Guard show up (right after the Capitol was stormed by groups saying they wanted to kill Pence and Pelosi) as a temporary measure to prevent a terrorist attack and all the sudden the "police state" has gone too far.
This is what I mean when I say they're ideologically all over the place in my older posts. They can support one thing like a police state to own the liberals, but when their own policies backfire on them, then suddenly police states are bad?

Maybe they shouldn't support things that would one day come back and bite their ass (through the power of karma). Trump did remove restrictions for the police gaining some military gear, and they did support him. Complaining about the police looking like the space soldiers from Halo? Don't support a police state and brutality in the first place.

Now they sound just like anarchists they hate so much hahaha, caring about too much oppression from the police even though none of the MAGA crowd got the George Floyd treatment on Inauguration Day.

Before anyone gets in a hissy fit at this, no I'm not a supporting a police state as some have a habit of mixing up what I'm saying, because whenever you don't sound clear enough, they start pulling out some shenanigans. For example: when Trump bombed that Iranian general, one was accusing me of supporting war against Iran on a different forum when I said Trump "pissed himself" to invade them when they retaliated, even after them knowing I am very clear and vocal about my opinions on imperialism where I even specifically mentioned I don't want Iran to be another Iraq. There's a huge difference between mocking Trump and saying "He made a mistake by not invading Iran!". I swear I made my views clear enough about a war with Iran, but apparently not. What a bunch of dumbasses lol.

"Maybe they shouldn't support things that would one day come back and bite their ass" I know some were probably ready to start smashing their keyboard ready to accuse me of supporting police brutality when I'm just saying don't support a police state that would backfire at you one day. I don't, because I don't want to end up being suffocated to death in public with a knee on my neck and it's less embarrassing to know that your beliefs didn't backfire on you. Anyways, they can accuse me of this if they want to look like a bunch of fucKKKwits, but I have now made this very clear.

This is why I left the right years ago, because they eat up shit too easily, are full of shit and only shit comes out of their mouth (some of them need some tic tacs because of this).

I know I said I wouldn't continue this topic but I will be polite here. If you think I am not, tell me.

I REALLY try to use common sense when discussing anything and I feel alienated. Maybe that makes me sound conceited, I don't know.

But, try to see it from my perspective. You can think I am a conspiracy theorist if you want. It's cool. But, I don't perceive the Capitol siege as 'Trump supporters being terrorists." I think it was a false flag. But, hey, don't worry, I know you laugh at that. It's cool.

I just see *30,000* troops and nothing happened. These clowns that raided the Capitol building looked ridiculous, imho. These are your "terrorists?"

Do you only use CNN and YouTube for your video footage and info? I use other sources. I watched 40 MINUTES... *FORTY MINUTES* of BLM and Antifa terrorizing businesses, government buildings, malls, some area of the White House and attacking people. Someone did a great job of archiving a lot of footage together. You can deny that they aren't BLM or whatever. My point is this was largely ignored.

Even Trump did nothing about it. NOTHING! Sure, he trolled the Proud Boys clowns and QAnon whackos but where you see "terrorists" and dangerous criminals, I see a fraud. Controlled opposition serving a purpose.

If you compare the Capitol building "terrorists " to the riots, looting, attacks on businesses and government buildings (included police stations, City Hall, White House even), I think the latter looked much worse but didn't have the same coverage. Sure, it was condemned but it equated to scolding a toddler.

The "terrorists " had Antifa and BLM involvement too, which is really peculiar. You can deny that too if you want.

I don't think 30,000 troops at an inauguration is anything to sneeze at and why are 10,000 remaining, okay?

Do you have to worry about terrorists all the time? Are Americans supposed to accept this as the "new norm?" Is this the goal? Because a bunch of clowns went into the Capitol building?

I am suggesting to think about that. I hope that is something that doesn't anger anyone here but it might be an acceptable way to "leave" it with you guys, okay? Peace.

Some recent geo-political news in case it's worth discussing. It's another of Trump policies getting reversed:

Another casualty in the failed trade war. I'll just shorten the article down a little here for the best parts:

China takes new foreign investment top spot from US

"New investments into America from overseas companies fell by almost half last year, leading to the loss of its number one status

In contrast, UN figures show direct investment into Chinese firms climbed 4%, putting it number one globally"

"Foreign investment in the US peaked in 2016 at $472bn, when foreign investment in China was $134 billion.

Since then, investment in China has continued to rise, while in the US it has fallen each year since 2017.

The Trump administration encouraged American companies to leave China and re-establish operations in the US.

It also warned Chinese companies and investors that they would face new scrutiny when investing in America, based on national security grounds

While the US economy has been struggling since the Covid-19 outbreak last year, China's economy has picked up speed.

China's economic growth, measured in gross domestic product (GDP), grew 2.3% in 2020, official data showed this month.

This makes China the only major economy in the world to avoid a contraction last year. Many economists have been surprised with the speed of its recovery, especially as it navigated tense relations with the US."

If this is taken straight out of his book 'The Art of the Deal"... then yeah, I'm not buying it. Here, he didn't make a good deal, at all.

Instead of a trade war, why not just spend the time, money and effort focusing on building infrastructure like connecting the whole country with high speed rail instead of trying to please some corporations that can't compete with foreign companies while pretending to be pro-free market? China who he had a trade war with done that, and it's not even unique to that country as Japan (a trade war was imposed on them too during the 80s), South Korea, Taiwan and certain European countries have high speed rail in case anyone says high speed rail is communism like universal healthcare.

If you prefer the slow Amtrak then that's your opinion, but I prefer better technology because it just improves everything. Just saying, it would have been better if he invested in improving the country's infrastructure and you know, improving the well being of society as well such as helping the working class and not screwing them over like he did for the whole of 2020.

It's a lot more noble and impressive than losing a trade war as a strong economy adopted from Obama. 3 of the biggest trade deficits in history is his legacy, and he basically helped China grow while destroying the US, but somehow Joe Biden is a Beijing spy?? Not saying I have faith in Joe Biden, but wouldn't all this prove Trump is the true Beijing spy considering he didn't do much to help the US, but did a lot to help China (accidentally or not, China grew a lot more under him than Obama who didn't start a trade war lol).

Anyone following the GameStop, AMC stock story? It's wild and it illustrates two things well.

1) Share prices/the market are completely divorced from actual value and the economic performance.

2) The "free market" is only free for the billionaire class. When the hedge funds started losing massive amounts of money on the Reddit inspired $GME, $AMC short squeeze, the Robinhood platform halted trading in those shares (as of today) to stop their losses.
I'm actually watching Rising right now and Saagar Enjeti is covering it. It's so awesome what those people did. I hope they do it more.

Looks like everything is dictated by capital. Still though, I'm out of the loop, can you link me to a quick video on explaining this fully? I've been hearing the name GameStop all over today, but I never bothered looking it into detail.

Looks like everything is dictated by capital. Still though, I'm out of the loop, can you link me to a quick video on explaining this fully? I've been hearing the name GameStop all over today, but I never bothered looking it into detail.
Not a video but here is a quick summary:

How WallStreetBets Redditors Used Their Collective Power to Manipulate the Stock Market

Tl;dr: aided by low regulation, hedge funds have been manipulating the market at the expense of retail investors, investors on Reddit banded together to manipulate the market right back. The hedge funds don't like their own rigs being used against them and are now crying foul.

My favorite quote from your video @Born To Slay is "the stock market is a graph of rich people's feelings."
This is my favorite news show by far. It's called Rising and the hosts are Crystal Ball and Sagaar Enjeti. It's really cool because it's a bipartisan hosting show. She's a progressive and he's populist Republican. That said, they're both very objective and I like that neither associate with the conspiracy nonsense on their respective sides. It airs on YouTube at 10:30 every morning.

This is my favorite news show by far. It's called Rising and the hosts are Crystal Ball and Sagaar Enjeti. It's really cool because it's a bipartisan hosting show. She's a progressive and he's populist Republican. That said, they're both very objective and I like that neither associate with the conspiracy nonsense on their respective sides. It airs on YouTube at 10:30 every morning.
Meh. I often feel like they (Crystal especially) are too contrarian. I always feel like they are trying for zingers. With this being said, I do like that they exist, as it's a nice counterbalance to the MSM, but they have a strong progressive bias. They strike me as the type that want to burn it all down, which is ludicrous, as Biden is president and is pushing a progressive agenda.

I haven't listened to them in a very long time so maybe things have changed. I got a strong Bernie or Bust vibe.

Meh. I often feel like they (Crystal especially) are too contrarian. I always feel like they are trying for zingers. With this being said, I do like that they exist, as it's a nice counterbalance to the MSM, but they have a strong progressive bias. They strike me as the type that want to burn it all down, which is ludicrous, as Biden is president and is pushing a progressive agenda.

I haven't listened to them in a very long time so maybe things have changed. I got a strong Bernie or Bust vibe.
Sagaar is not a progressive though. He's anti marijuana, pro-life, completely against all the SJW type stuff and she doesn't support single payer, free college and many other progressive priorities. The only progressive thing I can think of that he packs is the $15 minimum wage. He's also pro regulating Wall Street but anyone who's not a bought shill thinks that.

That said, I do believe they've been a little hard on Biden but they've given him credit for stuff, especially Crystal.

I agree with them that it's ridiculous the stimulus bill might not pass until March when they should be able to get the Democratic votes to ram it through in early February. The bipartisan unity shit is stupid. Someone needs to remind them that we won and we can stop pretending to be bipartisan and start ramming shit down America's throat.

I agree with them that it's ridiculous the stimulus bill might not pass until March when they should be able to get the Democratic votes to ram it through in early February. The bipartisan unity shit is stupid. Someone needs to remind them that we won and we can stop pretending to be bipartisan and start ramming shit down America's throat.
The Democrats are a middling team of basketball players who have been consistently getting dunked on by Air Bud, the dog, and they don't do anything about it besides loudly scream, "HEY DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY BASKETBALL"

If they had a 10 seat Senate majority it might be a different story, but 50+1 is the barest of majorities, and you have Joe "I have intercourse with coal" Manchin and a few other DINOs in the mix plus way too much deference to "blue dogs".

Regresssives will continue to rule this country as a minority until Democrats give up on the idea that dogs can't play basketball and just set some cheetahs loose on the court. Of course, they we have both parties actively working to destroy the last vestiges of civil discourse, and it seems like that path either has to end in authoritarian rule, civil war, or a breakup of the union?

The basics of US hegemony under the biggest military in the world, and a socioeconomic system that generally benefits the top 1%, is pretty entrenched in both parties right now.

The median net worth of a Senator is $3,100,000. How could we ever expect that group to be anything other than a bunch of power hungry kleptocrats who are out of touch completely with the reality of life for the average person?

Interesting times ahead for sure.

.......Regresssives will continue to rule this country as a minority until Democrats give up on the idea that dogs can't play basketball and just set some cheetahs loose on the court. Of course, they we have both parties actively working to destroy the last vestiges of civil discourse, and it seems like that path either has to end in authoritarian rule, civil war, or a breakup of the union?........
I'd go with "breakup of the union", which would essentially be a goodbye to Texas, and most if not all southern States. This should have happened 160 years ago, it would have saved us all a lot of trouble.

I'd go with "breakup of the union", which would essentially be a goodbye to Texas, and most if not all southern States. This should have happened 160 years ago, it would have saved us all a lot of trouble.
This is such an unpopular opinion and I really don't get why. If the southern States broke away, there'd be a Democrat and Republican America and everyone would be happy, plus no one would've died in the civil war. I don't really know what the benefit of staying United is.

This should have happened 160 years ago, it would
Or it would've caused us different, perhaps (possibly) worse problems?

How about putting some blame on Andrew Johnson sometime? He's the guy who botched reconstruction.

This is such an unpopular opinion and I really don't get why. If the southern States broke away, there'd be a Democrat and Republican America and everyone would be happy, plus no one would've died in the civil war. I don't really know what the benefit of staying United is.
I think only Northerners think this. Southerners know that the cities are blue and the rural areas are red and like how is that gonna work?

I think only Northerners think this. Southerners know that the cities are blue and the rural areas are red and like how is that gonna work?
Well there'd be conservative and liberal regions of each but overall, the confederacy would always vote conservative and the union would always vote liberal. I think over time you'd see people move to their preferred type of government.

In 2016, Hillary was soundly defeated in the electoral college and yet, without the session States, she would've beaten Trump 219-159. Meanwhile in the confederate states Trump would've won a whopping 147 to Hillary's 13.

In 2020, Biden would've the union handily with 277 votes to Trump's 101 votes. Despite this and the fact that Trump lost the election by a decent margin, he'd still win the confederacy easily with 131-29 votes.

If the South had left the union, our elections wouldn't even be close.

I reckon they should embrace some form of affirmative action by giving rural voters (who happen to be very white) an advantage in voting. Yes this could lead to a case of minority rule, but it's a solution to their new country.

I know a lot of Confederate sympathizers aren't exactly a huge fan of minorities ruling and affirmative action (like one here who always brings that up along with Kamala Harris' sex life), but it could work to solve their problem.

Wait a minute, where did I hear about this where a minority of voters ruled, even though their candidate lost the popular vote...

Well there'd be conservative and liberal regions of each but overall, the confederacy would always vote conservative and the union would always vote liberal. I think over time you'd see people move to their preferred type of government.

In 2016, Hillary was soundly defeated in the electoral college and yet, without the session States, she would've beaten Trump 219-159. Meanwhile in the confederate states Trump would've won a whopping 147 to Hillary's 13.

In 2020, Biden would've the union handily with 277 votes to Trump's 101 votes. Despite this and the fact that Trump lost the election by a decent margin, he'd still win the confederacy easily with 131-29 votes.

If the Southern States seceded, Trump would not live there and he would have had no chance of being elected President in the North, all else being equal.

Democrats need a major house cleaning. It's obvious that they (Democrats) hate the man that destroyed the leadership of the Republican Party, almost single handedly. They should have thanked him, and set about to beat him with an energetic, sharp Democratic candidate who could breathe new life into their party. If they do not change, they may very well end up with their own version of Trump to deal with, one of these election years, and the leadership will find themselves in the same position that the Republicans have, with Trump.

Isn't there a demographic shift going in the South though? Just like how Georgia turned blue in the last election and how Texas is leaning more towards blue as time goes on.

A lot of tech companies are moving to Texas as well, which should bring all those software developers, who in my experience happen to lean very left no matter where they are. I don't know any conservative software developers in my experience.

Texas starts to look more like a more vibrant state, like how California looks to some people. Austin gives a good picture of what I am explaining here (the video I will link will talk about this in detail) and they happen to vote Democrat.

That should attract more middle class liberals to move to Texas and next thing you know, it becomes just like California where it's too expensive to live because of all the wealthy people and corporations driving up the prices. Then the government has to put in "socialist" policies in to solve the economic issues that came with the skyrocketing rent prices.

After that some will just call Texas a communist dictatorship (while being unable to explain what the words they're using means) because they increased the minimum wage to stop people resorting to shoplifting to make ends meet.

When you tell them the reality of it, they just come back with "Where did you get that from? CNN!?"

In before someone replies to this saying:

"Ackchyually, Communism did destroy California!"

Until California embraces single payer healthcare and nationalisation like Norway, then it isn't a communist dictatorship lol. If California is communism compared to some other states, then California is anarcho capitalism compared to Norway (even that is ridiculous to say, but it's just as ridiculous as calling it a communist state).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now