2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZFire, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Regarding the upcoming Trump trials, I think it could be in our best interest to see the courtroom and trials via a C-SPAN feed for all networks, especially on the January 6th trial, and see the steps Trump and company took to get there. It is important to show all the pieces of evidence and uncover his guilt or innocence.

Given the unique nature of these cases and this defendant, we should have a moral desire to witness the proceedings as they happen. At the very least, the proceedings should be recorded and released soon afterwards to the public, to avoid some of the obvious pitfalls of live broadcasts... between the grandstanding inside the courtroom and the minute-by-minute agitation of TV and internet.

At a minimum, a public record is necessary, if only for future generations to review their history; the trials should be recorded and put into the National Archives.

I know this could be wishful thinking, but it would be quite illuminating and help me pass the time.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      As bad as it is for Trump at the moment, it’s time for a reminder that this man was able to secure 74+ million votes in 2020.

I think it’s still important to express caution and to remind people what happened in 2016. After 2016, anything in this political climate is possible. I would under no circumstance take the foot off the gas like the Democrats so lovingly choose to do sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      A NYT poll, last week, showed that Trump and Biden are neck and neck, dead even. I would rather a different candidate run as a Republican, but there is no way I'm voting for Biden - and this is coming from somebody who voted for Bill Clinton, Obama, and Hillary.

Biden is a War Monger who needs to go. Trump has said that he will prevent WWIII, while Biden seems to not be worried about it at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've got my hand on the throttle and maintaining traction.

When you think of the Trump federal indictments, I always remind my Republican friends that all witnesses against Trump are Republicans and many were in his cabinet.

Never fails to shut them up.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      Different dogs, same fleas. It’s the uniparty, republicans and democrats ,kids wake up none of them care about you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ask Tara Reid what she thinks of Biden.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      No doubt, he still lost the popular vote twice but the electoral college makes for a whole different game.

Hopefully the Dems will get everyone out to vote in the United States that are red or swinging.

8. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      Which is the game they play by. They would campaign differently if they were going for the popular vote, but it doesn't mean anything as it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Ask Tara Reid what she thinks of breast augmentation.

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Biden is now being bashed for his migrant policies by progressives, conservatives, liberals, and independents. He is the worst president in my lifetime and probably the worst in over a century.

The Governor of Massachusettes, Maura Healey, a Democrat, has declared a State of Emergency over the surge of migrants in her state. They are not permitted to work.

New York City is also in a state of emergency, due to almost 100,000 migrants being sent to NYC since the spring, with no Federal aid. When winter arrives, the migrants who are currently living in the streets, or in tents, will have to be dealt with. Seattle, WA, is also overrun with them. The so-called Sanctuary Cities and States need to stop taking them.

There is now an increase in polio and TB, from the migrants, as well as prostitution, drugs, and other quality of life, or worse, crimes due to their presence.

As usual, Trump was right, he tried to keep the border secure, but Biden changed all of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The popular vote especially in battleground states is very important because those states have a significant influence on the outcome of a presidential election. In most cases, winning the popular vote within a state usually leads to winning its electoral votes, so basically candidates from both parties (yes, Republicans too) need to win the popular vote to secure their electoral votes (winner-takes-all), more so within purple states especially because they are the determining factor of who wins the presidency.

We know the battleground states are closely contested and can swing either way, so winning the popular vote there can have a substantial impact on the overall election results. Republicans don’t do anything differently in this regard. They are good at campaigning and messaging, I’ll give them that though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The post I responded to was referring to "the" popular vote in contrast to the electoral college. You are referring to "popular votes within specific states", but in a U.S. presidential election, the popular vote simply means an aggregate of all voters from all states in America. It's not referring to an individual state. But a candidate can win the electoral college by winning enough states' electoral votes and still lose the national popular vote, as was mentioned and as has happened multiple times.

So, if it was the popular vote that mattered, candidates on both sides would campaign differently because they would be trying to get the most votes across the entire country rather than individual states for electoral votes. Since that's not the game they're playing, the result of the popular vote not only doesn't matter, it doesn't really mean anything. That doesn't stop people from bringing it up though, as if there was any significance.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well sure, the national popular vote doesn’t mean much at face value. Its only significance is that it’s used as an indicator for overall public sentiment. Some states are more far populous than others like California for instance, and so that’s reflected in the overall numbers too.

Btw, I was emphasizing Trump’s 70+ million votes to underscore the potential repercussions of a lower voter turnout within the Democratic camp, especially in swing states. I thought you were dismissing the importance of a statewide popular vote in the electoral college. That’s how electoral votes are allocated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Definitely not. That's not the popular vote. I'm surprised there was any confusion about this The post I had quoted and responded to mentioned that Trump lost the popular vote twice. That's a commonly mentioned thing thing about Trump losing the popular vote and has been in reference to the national popular vote. But pretty much meaningless as they are campaigning to win the electoral college.

• Like Like x 2
    15. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      "If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy." —David Frum

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Joe Biden Administration Approval Ratings and Hypothetical Voting Intention (5-6 August 2023)

78018AAC-A27E-4877-A9FB-5D2CC251BBDD.jpeg

So I've been reviewing some of the most recent polls and yeah, Trump is currently holding a slight lead over Biden. What’s catching my attention is that Biden has comfortable leads over the other Republican candidates, but not with Trump. It’s crazy how much of a stranglehold Trump continues to have over the Republican Party.

I definitely don’t think this upcoming election is going to be a landslide victory for either side. It's clear that a President with a 40% approval rating and questions about their age might face an uphill battle in winning by a wide margin. I still think Biden will likely win though, but it will be close. Trump's indictments and potential convictions could put a dent to his efforts and save this election for Dems.

I've been trying to locate polls that reflect the sentiment of independent voters following the Trump indictments. I'm curious to know where they stand now. I can’t seem to find the answer to this.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      It would be interesting to see Donald Trump and Hunter Biden jailed together. They could share tips about corruption and update their agendas, haha.

• Funny Funny x 4
    18. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      These indictments are election interference - a deliberate attempt by the Democrats to keep Trump from running a campaign. If he was not running, they would not have indicted him.

The Democrats are already scared to death, as he is the front-running Republican and tied neck and neck with Biden in the polls. If Trump wins, there will be hell to pay for what they have done to him.

Joe Biden is using banana republic methods of suppressing his political challenger and many people know this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Nobody has tried to explain NFTs to me in months. Another win for Biden.
      They wouldn't be Trump indictments if Republicans stopped thinking only about themselves being indicted. I guess they fear prison more than Trump.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Popcorn time. Many people know this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      November 5th 2024, I think it’s going to come down to three states — Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Arizona. Ohio and Florida are long gone to Trump and to the Republicans and will stay that way for a good while.
      Rudy Giuliani getting a taste of his own medicine — indicted on RICO criminal charges, the same charges he played a role in pioneering. Imagine that lol...

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Biden Banama Republic Uniform.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    23. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I wouldn’t be surprised if Rudy ends up filing for bankruptcy and has to get a court-appointed attorney, even after he sells his NYC apartment that’s up on the market now. His trip to Mar-a-largo to beg Trump to pay him for his attorney services was unsuccessful.

Giuliani is currently facing a $2.7 billion Smartmatic suit, election workers defamation suit, $10 million sexual assault and harassment suit, and of course the Georgia Rico Charges. Good luck, asshole.

Interestingly, Trump is now complaining that Fox is intentionally showing unflattering angles of his chin. You'd think a billionaire could get himself a more flattering chin, but fighting against a Big Mac addiction is a losing battle.

• Funny Funny x 2
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      BC5E65D7-61C2-4C0D-8C3B-4190A64EBBE0.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trump voters trust him more than their families, religious leaders: poll
      Some say it’s a cult. The evangelicals are evolving interestingly enough. Goodbye Jesus. You had one hell of a run.

Anyway, considering these impressive numbers for Trump, it's no wonder that he's opting out of the first GOP primary debate.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    26. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’ll keep my post brief. I think @Markku and @Hazel should be president/vice president (in either order) because then maybe, finally, real things would be achieved that would help humanity.

I’m tired of leaders and senators that are nothing more than career politicians interested in self-preservation. There are too many people in places of power that are there to benefit themselves who have no morals or interest in trying to make meaningful improvements to the societies they are a part of.

People like @Markku and @Hazel have repeatedly demonstrated what real selfless humans look and behave like. Imagine what they’d achieve with a proper budget! Tinnitus would likely be solved by the end of the year for starters.

I'm tired of all the grifters stealing a living.

• Winner Winner x 2
    27. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Shakespeare said we are all actors and the world is the stage. And he was correct. The biggest little show on earth. The Orange Idiot, his idiotic followers and the Republicans.

Hang 'em, hang 'em from the nearest tree. Orange baby is nobody's apple in an eye. More like ass with no apple or eyes.

The whole lot, there hasn't been so much political upheaving since the American Revolution.

Vote for @Markku.

• Like Like x 3
    28. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don’t forget the alleged rapist and war criminal Joe Biden. While we’re at it, let’s throw in the other war criminals Baby Bush, Obomber and Hillary Clinton in prison.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Do you think Trump is a stable genius for not helping his co-conspirators with their legal defense funding? He's so rich he could find enough coins in his couch cushions for everyone.

You'd think he'd want the best defense possible for his cohorts, unless you still believe he did nothing wrong (perfect phone call and all).

BTW:I'm betting that Trump will weigh in tomorrow at 250 lbs. at least. Could be more.

30. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I'm surprised the US has not intervened yet in Niger, taking into account that country is rich in uranium, used to produce nuclear weapons. Now Niger is in hands of a bunch of bandits and no one seems to care.

So at the end of the day, it seems Joe Biden has dragged the US to support a war in Ukraine, only for personal reasons, like covering up his son's antics and dealings in Ukraine.

• Agree Agree x 1