2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZFire, Jul 28, 2023.

1. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      For the same reason, countless other Republicans are supporting or endorsing Harris. This clearly shows how problematic Trump is when members of his own party, including those who once worked for him, are now backing his Democratic opponent. Even his own former vice president refuses to endorse him. Lol.
      Social Security will have to be touched, or it will automatically result in reduced benefits down the road because current payroll taxes will not be enough to sustain the current benefit levels. But Trump wants to cut it. Harris wants to strengthen it.

Also, Trump wants to take away healthcare from 40,000,000 Americans and increase inflation for Americans with more tariffs. He wants to let Russia "do whatever the hell they want" with our NATO allies. He wants to weaponize the justice department against his political opponents and not be bound by any legal limitations himself.
      Yes, those are mostly MAGA Republicans, aligned with what Trump wants for himself. He poses the greatest threat to democracy, as even Republican Liz Cheney has stated. This is why some Republicans, including Cheney and many others who see Trump as a danger to democracy, support Democrat Kamala Harris.
      Obama introduced the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which includes the Medicaid Expansion, providing many Americans with access to free or low-cost health care coverage. This is often more affordable compared to the higher premiums associated with Medicare Part B and supplemental Medigap policies.

I've come across numerous comments from individuals who experienced a significant increase in their healthcare costs when they turned 65 and had to transition from the ACA, including Medicaid Expansion, to Medicare.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      @just1morething, hi my friend,

I’d like to suggest a book that I think you’ll really enjoy and may even make you laugh out loud. It’s *A Walk in the Woods* by Bill Bryson. I think you’ll love it!

By the way, how’s your inflammation? Is it getting any better?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      There was another attempt to kill Donald Trump today, this time in Florida while he was golfing. I just wanted to mention it since the media is devoting as little time as possible to covering the story, which, of course, is because they would rather not give him any publicity that isn't bad.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Anomalous Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      Sending my thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, this sort of thing is just a fact of life and we have to get over it.

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you, but I know you don’t believe gun violence should be accepted as a fact of life.

Most importantly, we must prevent the mentally ill from owning firearms. Those who are a danger to themselves or others should be institutionalized, as was the case in the past. However, over time, this approach has changed.

Citizens in this country have had access to guns since its founding. The rise in school shootings and assassination attempts can largely be attributed to the failure to properly treat violent individuals with mental illness.

Vance and Trump are aware of this and support keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals. However, it’s considered too radical for politicians to advocate for the institutionalization of these individuals for their safety and the safety of others. Until we address these underlying issues, gun violence and other forms of violence will continue to escalate.

7. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      It seems to me that Loomer is lurking in the background as Trump’s mentor. He sure knows how to pick them, doesn’t he?

Now, watch this drive!

8. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Certainly one of the more meme-able debates in recent history.
      I've seen plenty of coverage. Apparently, the individual was a pro-Ukraine Republican who voted for Trump in 2016 but became disillusioned with his presidency and current stance on Ukraine.

Additionally, reports indicate that no shots were fired. The Secret Service found the would-be shooter’s equipment in the bushes after he abandoned his plan.

Maybe it was more of an idea of an assassination attempt? In all seriousness, though, these situations are concerning.

The would-be shooter also reportedly has a history of mental illness. Despite this, he was able to legally purchase a gun because Trump signed a bill in 2018 that made it easier for people with mental illnesses to buy firearms.

9. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too many people have TDS. I had heard the shooter was a Democrat.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Taylor Swift’s endorsing Harris didn’t help any. She will just lose sales from her Republican fans. Reminds me of Jimmy Kimmel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That is not true. He did not sign a bill to "make it easier for people with mental illnesses to buy firearms." A Fact Check article on CNN Politics, which happens to be an anti-Trump network, on Aug. 7 2019, explained exactly what happened. Trump rolled back a bill from the Obama administration that had just begun when he took office. It denied gun ownership rights to people with eating disorders, depression, mood disorders, neurocognitive disorders, anxiety, and more.

The ACLU, along with 23 disability groups, opposed this rule and supported the bill repealing it. “A disability should not constitute grounds for the automatic per se denial of any right or privilege, including gun ownership,” the ACLU said in a separate letter that month.

Trump did what these groups requested, and repealed this discriminatory bill. Removing this bill did not affect the federal law which prohibits individuals “who (have) been adjudicated as a mental defective or (have) been committed to any mental institution” from owning a firearm.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      Mainstream news is partly responsible for the attempts on Trump's life by amplifying ridiculous claims that he’s another Hitler and wants to end democracy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. grate_biff
      In pain

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Except for the fact that he was never actually shot at! He just likes to think so to score political points.

I see he's already blaming the Democrats. What a guy to lead your country.

Go fetch!

14. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Relax, there's a good chance Trump will not win, which means America might have a war-hawk for its first female president. That should make Europe very happy.

15. grate_biff
      In pain

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Protecting democracy and freedom is not being a war-hawk where I come from.

16. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That pig is going to continue supporting a war that is costing hundreds of billions of American tax dollars, which we cannot afford, while hundreds of thousands to millions more will be killed. Like the current idiot who is in power, she is against peace talks. None of this would have happened if Trump had been elected in 2020, and will stop if he wins this time.

BTW, according to what I've read, Ukraine does not fit the description of a "democracy." Thanks to the two warmongers in the White House, they now need help and it is not the kind you think is correct.

17. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Breaking News: Donald Trump Beats Taylor Swift In Pop Charts

They're EATING the DOGS! - REMIX! 🎶🎶

• Winner Winner x 1
    18. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Funny, I’ve got to be honest.

When I see your pictures of turkeys and deer visiting your house, I’m thinking protein—BBQ, stews, good eating!
      War is peace.
      Freedom is slavery.
      Ignorance is strength.

1984 — George Orwell

Stay strong. Be gentle with yourself. Have a sauna. Hugs from Laos!

• Like Like x 2
    19. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Guns will never be fully removed from Americans. One key to stopping gun violence is to halt ammunition manufacturing, but the problem is that people know how to reload shells.

A good friend of mine was in his shop when I stopped by for a cold beer. "What the hell are you making, Dave?" I asked.

"A four winds shotgun, 12 gauge," he replied.

"Really? Where did you get the plans for that?"

"From a book," he said.

An hour later, we were in the woods, and he tried out the shotgun. It was about 14 inches in total length. He slammed the two sliding pipes together against a screw that acted as the firing pin. The damn thing went *BOOM*, and at 15 feet, it shredded an empty beer can.

"Hey, let me try it," I said.

Same result: it ripped the can to shreds and kicked like two mules. Up close, it was a deadly weapon. When we were done, we disassembled it and tossed the parts to the four winds.

Guns are easy to build.

• Informative Informative x 2
    20. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Fox is also reporting that he was a former Trump-supporter:
      Would-be Trump assassin Ryan Routh camped under cover of darkness for 12 hours: court docs

@Luman, regarding the gun laws, I'll take your word for it. I stand corrected.

• Like Like x 1
    21. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, it was an honest mistake.

The problem is that Democrats are so inundated with lies perpetrated by their party that they no longer recognize the truth.

Trump knows how to intimidate people. He did this with Putin, which kept Russia from bothering Ukraine throughout his time in office. Democrats claim that Putin was Trump's "friend," but they are completely deluded. Tens of thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands, of Ukrainians have died as a result of the policies of Biden and Harris. This is not to mention the $200 billion in tax money spent to support a bloody war that benefits the Military-Industrial Complex.

It still shocks me that Democrats won't even support peace negotiations because their leaders refuse to do so. I usually avoid making moral judgments about those who vote for candidates I don’t support, but Harris is so disastrous that I am beginning to dislike those who back her. This situation could easily escalate and lead us into World War III.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Lol...

Harris Support.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    23. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      Jeeeehoshaphat! I commend you for your brilliant observation.
      Incidentally, could you explain for those who may not be well-informed: Is the Pope an atheist, Jewish, Buddhist, or something else? :joyful:

24. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So far I have only seen TRUMP yard signs.
      The poster above mine said he was a Republican.

• Like Like x 2
    25. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      st-jpg&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=ijau3yTNW1UQ7kNvgGEkQmq&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      It doesn’t seem to bother the maniacs in charge that they’re driving us into a nuclear war.

• Agree Agree x 1