Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

• It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

• It improved my tinnitus, permanently

• It had no effect on my tinnitus

• It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

• It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

• I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Drecul, I was just on the Rick Simpson FB page. He doesn't recommend using the cbd oil at all. He says that if it doesn't contain the thc it won't work? Also is it still helping you? Thanks!!
Of course you would like Drecul to answer but if I may give mine as well please? On the Rick Simpson page you are correct that he says this. This oil is illegal as it contains THC....and either you know someone who can make it or you make it yourself. However the other day I spoke with a lady who had used the thc/cbd oil as she was a stage 3 breast cancer sufferer. After the chemo which left her very ill she discovered the cbd/thc oil. She felt she had nothing left to lose so used the oil and gave up on the chemo and regular meds. She was declared free of cancer three months ago. She said to me that for Tinnitus with her experience she felt and believed that the cbd oil would be fine. If I wanted she would get me the other oil from her source which is much more expensive. In the first instance however it is better to try the cbd oil as this may be sufficient.
Otherwise Rick Simpson explains very well how to make this thc/cbd oil and Drecul has posted this further back on this thread. This info can also be found quite easily on line.

how long does 10ml last?
Really the answer to this is how long is a piece of string.....it depends on how much you use each day. At 2 drops twice a day as Drecul has used it, he said it lasts about a month. If you are buying the 3 percent but want 4 percent strength, then add another drop. So says Drecul.....earlier on in this thread.
Or buy a stronger strength. You cannot overdose on this stuff - the stronger it is the more it is likely to relax you and help with good sleep.

Hope this helps....

I see Rick reply on your post in facebook, however it doesn't seem like it was him that was posting. The poster was using Ricks name and use words like "himself" and most of it was copy/paste response mostly about cancer. I don't think the poster realized the THC spikes it and promotes cannabis oil. Has anyone tried cannabis oil and gotten a spike? Usually people T spikes when smoked but im not sure about ingesting.

Hey guys just wanted to give a little input on this thread. My fathers friend had bad tinnitus and it was helped immensely by ingesting a few drops of CBD oil each day. Im going to get some myself and let you know how it goes.

Hey guys just wanted to give a little input on this thread. My fathers friend had bad tinnitus and it was helped immensely by ingesting a few drops of CBD oil each day. Im going to get some myself and let you know how it goes.
If you had already heard it helped, Jeffrey who joined yesterday, why didn't you try it long ago? Why wait? What kind of T do you have, how severe is it, what caused it, and how long have you had it? We need comparative measures here to assess this oil's efficacy.

Hi Drecul, I was just on the Rick Simpson FB page. He doesn't recommend using the cbd oil at all. He says that if it doesn't contain the thc it won't work? Also is it still helping you? Thanks!!

Rick Simpson is talking about cancer. He believes that in order to battle cancer CBD only is not enough. Why? My guess is because his oil worked and there is a lot of THC present. Now keep in mind that Rick Simpson is not a doctor.
I do feel though that Rick has a point here (in case of cancer) about THC, however in the info graphic on page 7 it clearly says you need the CBD, CBC,CBG etc as well.
Keep in mind that we are all (including the medical establishment) pretty much still in the dark regarding Cannabis and Hemp. We have just started to learn the medical properties of this plant and there is still a lot to learn and discover.
It seems listed as CBD/THC on the graph which is weird because THC spikes it. Or only smoking spikes? I wonder what ingesting would do vs just CBD

Although it is true that THC can spike T as it does with me and some others, I also read some people don't. Since T is different for so many people and everyone reacts different on certain supplements it's hard to get an exact sience.

When you smoke Cannabis you will notice an effect within seconds, this means a rapid release into the bloodstream. Taking Cannabis oil orally is a much slower release plus all the good stuff is in there opposite smoking which gives you mostly THC and a little CBD.

So there is really no comparison.

It may very well be that taking Cannabis oil orally won't spike your Tinnitus.

Now regarding my T at this moment ( I just woke up):

Either I am getting habituated (does that work that fast?) or I'm doing something good here cos I would swear my T is even lower than last Saturday when I used the drops for the first time.

I had coffee and a cig. And still bearly noticable. No beeps just a very faint hiss.

I took 2 melatonin before going to bed next to the CBD oil.

Today my Doctor will clean my ears out.

I see Rick reply on your post in facebook, however it doesn't seem like it was him that was posting. The poster was using Ricks name and use words like "himself" and most of it was copy/paste response mostly about cancer. I don't think the poster realized the THC spikes it and promotes cannabis oil. Has anyone tried cannabis oil and gotten a spike? Usually people T spikes when smoked but im not sure about ingesting.
What reply where - to whom - when? on facebook?

Now regarding my T at this moment ( I just woke up):
Either I am getting habituated (does that work that fast?) or I'm doing something good here cos I would swear my T is even lower than last Saturday when I used the drops for the first time.
I had coffee and a cig. And still bearly noticable. No beeps just a very faint hiss.

Hasn't this ever happened before Drecul?

You've had T a little longer than me. Can you tell us what it was like for the last three years? Did it vary like it is now or is this pattern completely different?

Mine was screeching yesterday and this morning I can hardly hear it - no drugs, melatonin or anything - just the horrid T doing different things every day. Was yours not like this?

By the way I don't get any spikes from smoking.. We are all different in so many ways I guess... and I feel that it does not only depends on the THC but also on your emotional state in general when you smoke it...

Smoking enhances the emotions we have in that particular moment, so if we are at peace and relaxed it won't probably spike, but if one is stressed and not in a happy place, then probably it would concentrate on the bad stuff, and therefore feel a spike on the T... This is from my own personal experience..

I still have back pain and on medication, so I will have to wait a couple more days to try the CBD oil.. Will keep you guys updated...

Hasn't this ever happened before Drecul?

You've had T a little longer than me. Can you tell us what it was like for the last three years? Did it vary like it is now or is this pattern completely different?

Mine was screeching yesterday and this morning I can hardly hear it - no drugs, melatonin or anything - just the horrid T doing different things every day. Was yours not like this?

Mine was mild clicking noise and hiss but mild. Most of the time I didn't noticed and only occasionally I sensed it.
But never severe spikes or something. Unlike 2 weeks ago when it became very loud and a completely new high pitch sound. (8 khz).

Today my perception is that it is almost gone. Wether it is the oil, melatonin or a combination of all things I take who knows. But I'm amazed not to mention very happy.

As much as I want this CBD oil to work , most of us with severe T have experienced these kind of spikes.
And most of us have made incorrect associations to various reasons why exactly the spike started or subsided.
Again, not saying it was not the oil ,hopefully it was :)

@Drecul Have you got any idea what this post is about? Did you get a response on facebook from Rick Simpson? I certainly didnt or at at least not one that I saw anyway......can you clarify as I have no idea what @Robb09 is talking about? Thanks .....by the way it is true that Rick S suggests only using 99 percent THC oil with 1 or 2 percent cbd in it....

I'm glad this is working for you but I am skeptical that it will work for someone like me who has had tinnitus 5 1/2 years, 24/7 12-14KHZ range. One week of high hiss is probably just a spike that lowered coincidentally with your taking the oil. You said your normal tinnitus wasn't that noticable anyway so aren't you just back to the pre-spike level? Just another frustrating thing with tinnitus, what works for one won't work for another so we just have trial and error. Regardless thanks for sharing this experience as it gives others a chance to check it out.

One week of high hiss is probably just a spike that lowered coincidentally with your taking the oil. You said your normal tinnitus wasn't that noticable anyway so aren't you just back to the pre-spike level?
I'm waiting for a long-time member of this forum, with severe tinnitus, to try the CBD oil and verify that it does in fact lower the tinnitus significantly for a long period of time, which means it's not a placebo. Until then, CBD oil is just another thing to get people's hopes up. The last thing people with severe tinnitus need is to have false hope.

I will buy a bottle at de tuinen tomorrow. I would say my t is moderate: i can hear it over my car when i am on the highway. (Is that moderate??) I'm not a long time member on tt but had mild tinnitus since 2009 and had an increase (03/2015) in the number of sounds and volume. I have statical noise in my head and a high frequency eeeeeeeee mostly in my right ear and softer in the left.

Anyway, i will buy it tomorrow and try it when my son is asleep. I must say i am skeptical about this being helpfull but i will try it since it is not expensive.

I'm waiting for a long-time member of this forum, with severe tinnitus, to try the CBD oil and verify that it does in fact lower the tinnitus significantly for a long period of time, which means it's not a placebo. Until then, CBD oil is just another thing to get people's hopes up. The last thing people with severe tinnitus need is to have false hope.

I couldn't agree more. For those of you planning to try it, I suggest that you keep your expectations low, so you won't be too disappointed if it doesn't reduce your T level.

You don't need shattered hopes in addition to your severe T.

I would say my t is moderate: i can hear it over my car when i am on the highway. (Is that moderate??) I'm not a long time member on tt but had mild tinnitus since 2009 and had an increase (03/2015) in the number of sounds and volume. I have statical noise in my head and a high frequency eeeeeeeee mostly in my right ear and softer in the left.

Anyway, i will buy it tomorrow and try it when my son is asleep. I must say i am skeptical about this being helpfull but i will try it since it is not expensive.
Drecel's baseline T is so mild he (or she) describes it as "Most of the time I didn't noticed and only occasionally I sensed it." Your T, by comparison, is much more intrusive, and you have multiple sounds, including in your head.

I am very skeptical, but I hope it works for you and that you get some relief.

I am very skeptical, but I hope it works for you and that you get some relief.
Well the point is that it will help with relax and sleep and that in itself may help the noise to go down. Many people here are using anti depressants or anti anxiety benzoes orsleeping pills. If they or we can use the oil instead of chemical meds, then it would be better no?

OK so I went to the doctor to have my ears cleaned and he said that both my ears where completely blocked. Then he started and I was shocked by the amount of wax coming out (so was he). I probably could make a lifesize statue of myself.

And then it happened my tone and hiss completely gone! So my T cause was earwax! My doctor was not amused to say the least since I was so stupid not to see him when this started back in 2012. (you can imagine how stupid I feel in hindsight).

Now I can imagine that this would sound like a huge disappointment to many but all is not lost I believe.
  • Regardless of the cause I still managed to bring my T down with CBD oil, several times.
  • When I used the oil my ears were blocked.
  • Tinnitus is listed as a treatable issue with CBD/THC on the infograph on page 7.

Is your sound completely gone you might ask well yes and no.
During the day it was even after coffee, beer and nicotine the only feeling a had where stuffy ears (maybe because there is water in it.) But keep in mind I do have a mild hearing loss at my right ear.

At this moment I smoked a strong THC Cannabis and I can hear a slight ringing but not at all the same as past 2 weeks so I blame that on a bit anxiety and the strong THC that I haven't touched for a week.

I will stick around for anyone who needs advice, so feel free to ask anything and I truly hope that CBD oil will works for you.

OK so I went to the doctor to have my ears cleaned and he said that both my ears where completely blocked. Then he started and I was shocked by the amount of wax coming out (so was he). I probably could make a lifesize statue of myself.

And then it happened my tone and hiss completely gone! So my T cause was earwax! My doctor was not amused to say the least since I was so stupid not to see him when this started back in 2012. (you can imagine how stupid I feel in hindsight).

Now I can imagine that this would sound like a huge disappointment to many but all is not lost I believe.
  • Regardless of the cause I still managed to bring my T down with CBD oil, several times.
  • When I used the oil my ears were blocked.
  • Tinnitus is listed as a treatable issue with CBD/THC on the infograph on page 7.

Is your sound completely gone you might ask well yes and no.
During the day it was even after coffee, beer and nicotine the only feeling a had where stuffy ears (maybe because there is water in it.) But keep in mind I do have a mild hearing loss at my right ear.

At this moment I smoked a strong THC Cannabis and I can hear a slight ringing but not at all the same as past 2 weeks so I blame that on a bit anxiety and the strong THC that I haven't touched for a week.

I will stick around for anyone who needs advice, so feel free to ask anything and I truly hope that CBD oil will works for you.

Drecul mate, u are one stupid lucky guy! No offense meaning! :)

So glad for u, Wish u all luck now, enjoy your life now, and protect ears !

Drecul mate, u are one stupid lucky guy! No offense meaning! :)

So glad for u, Wish u all luck now, enjoy your life now, and protect ears !

Thx man! Believe me I'm more stupid. On a side note I do feel quilty for being so lucky knowing that the rest of you are still suffering daily.

Don't give up!
I feel for you.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now