AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

Hi,
just wanted to update a little bit on my participation in the study. I've signed the papers, did a bunch of very standard tests : blood pressure, vertigo, etc.

They gave me a little android HTC smartphone to note and send a daily report to auris medical. I'm going back on Tuesday for blood tests :)

Hi,
just wanted to update a little bit on my participation in the study. I've signed the papers, did a bunch of very standard tests : blood pressure, vertigo, etc.

They gave me a little android HTC smartphone to note and send a daily report to auris medical. I'm going back on Tuesday for blood tests :)

thanks for keeping us posted :)

Hi,

Good luck! Do you know already when will they start poking you with a needle?

man James I hope they give you the high dose so you can settle this uncertainty forever... you are even over the 1 year timeline when you will get it, no? all the best!

I contacted the phone number for the US trial. When I called I was borderline 3 months T. They said they would contact me once the trial begins. Since it's been a month and no contact, I'm guessing I was disqualified due to being over 3 months. I had thought they allowed for people with longer than 3 months though?

I contacted the phone number for the US trial. When I called I was borderline 3 months T. They said they would contact me once the trial begins. Since it's been a month and no contact, I'm guessing I was disqualified due to being over 3 months. I had thought they allowed for people with longer than 3 months though?

That depends on the location. Perhaps call again and ask ?

That depends on the location. Perhaps call again and ask ?

The trial location would of been in Sacramento California. I will consider calling again.

By the way I noticed your location is Tartu. My father was born in Tallinn and is Estonian. This is the first time I've run into someone living in Estonia on a message board.

Long Live Estonia

Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know that i got my first injection. I figure everyone knows the injection procedure so i wont get into that. But everything went well. I have a bit of a full feeling and muffled hearing at the moment. Very slight increase in T but not very noticeable. I will keep everyone up to date as time goes on.

Good luck man. Hoping for the best
Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know that i got my first injection. I figure everyone knows the injection procedure so i wont get into that. But everything went well. I have a bit of a full feeling and muffled hearing at the moment. Very slight increase in T but not very noticeable. I will keep everyone up to date as time goes on.

Good luck:) Let us know how you do and when you receive the second one!

Well done.

There is a guaranteed way of achieving no outcome in life, and that is by taking no action at all. But you did the opposite, went the extra mile, and for that you will be rewarded. Even if you get the placebo, you will - as you know - be offered the real drug after the study. I am quite sure that your tinnitus situation, say, in one year from now will be quite different than it is today.

Hey all. I've had all three injections nothing to really report yet, I want to give it time and jump the gun on anything before I post. Ear still feels muffled. What I think I will do is keep a journal on the computer, and I'll post it after about 10 entries or so. good luck to everyone else involved in the trials. One thing I will say is I was anxious about the procedure like many of you probably are but I got good advice and encouragement from people here. I'm very happy I did it.

Hey all. I've had all three injections nothing to really report yet, I want to give it time and jump the gun on anything before I post. Ear still feels muffled. What I think I will do is keep a journal on the computer, and I'll post it after about 10 entries or so. good luck to everyone else involved in the trials. One thing I will say is I was anxious about the procedure like many of you probably are but I got good advice and encouragement from people here. I'm very happy I did it.

See you Saturday morning in Ewing, cullen. Looking forward to meeting you and hearing all the details.

Stephen Nagler

You mean they promise to administer you the real thing even if you only got the placebo for the purpose of the trials? Wow. That's awful decent of them. I wanna do this trial, I haven't even had it for a month yet! If those swines at OHSU had agreed to work with Auris, I could be in Portland doing the trial right now! Heck even the ATA is based out of Portland.

That really sucks. But great for cullen, though. @cullenbohannon You have to promise to keep the site posted on your recovery/results! :) And again best of luck and good fortune with everything.

Hey lb yes they do promise you the real drug if you complete the trial and received the placebo. They will be running the trials for quite a while so we won't the results for some time to come. If your t is bad it wouldn't hurt to look into some places just in case. You're very early yet, you have time if you decide to enter, I understand it would probably be a trip for you though. And of course I will keep everyone posted I don't plan leaving the site anytime soon

You mean they promise to administer you the real thing even if you only got the placebo for the purpose of the trials? Wow. That's awful decent of them. I wanna do this trial, I haven't even had it for a month yet! If those swines at OHSU had agreed to work with Auris, I could be in Portland doing the trial right now! Heck even the ATA is based out of Portland.

That really sucks. But great for cullen, though. @cullenbohannon You have to promise to keep the site posted on your recovery/results! :) And again best of luck and good fortune with everything.

Hey lb yes they do promise you the real drug if you complete the trial and received the placebo. They will be running the trials for quite a while so we won't the results for some time to come. If your t is bad it wouldn't hurt to look into some places just in case. You're very early yet, you have time if you decide to enter, I understand it would probably be a trip for you though. And of course I will keep everyone posted I don't plan leaving the site anytime soon

Can I ask you, are you only like a couple hours drive, or something like that, from a testing center? What incredible timing and good fortune. It's just exciting! Don't mean to get all hyped. But damn, how awesome is that? If Portland was hosting one, in the Pacific NW, I could be there in three hours, and stay with family. Too bad.

Mine really isn't that bad, but it's definitely there, most definitely there. How did you get yours again? I'm sorry if I already asked you that. But if I remember right, you saw several doctors, and at least one good one, and you had a very distinct cause, right? So your whole case is quite cut and dried. So you would be a perfect candidate.

Yea man I'm close to my site and I had an ear infection. I hope it works out if it does its a good first step in t treatment.
Can I ask you, are you only like a couple hours drive, or something like that, from a testing center? What incredible timing and good fortune. It's just exciting! Don't mean to get all hyped. But damn, how awesome is that? If Portland was hosting one, in the Pacific NW, I could be there in three hours, and stay with family. Too bad.

Mine really isn't that bad, but it's definitely there, most definitely there. How did you get yours again? I'm sorry if I already asked you that. But if I remember right, you saw several doctors, and at least one good one, and you had a very distinct cause, right? So your whole case is quite cut and dried. So you would be a perfect candidate.

I think the ampact follow up is for any participant, regardless of whether you get placebo or not. In fact, they will never reveal if you got placebo, even after the study ends late 2015.

I wasn't aware of that but either way its fine by me. I thought I was told differently though

I think the ampact follow up is for any participant, regardless of whether you get placebo or not. In fact, they will never reveal if you got placebo, even after the study ends late 2015.

In your other post you said you had sound distortions. Was it a full stuffed feeling you had.
no there are two different study groups one 0-3 months and the other is 3-12 months.
then ther's another study which is a follow up study, in which the people
can participate that took part in any am-101 study. in that study AMPACT
there is just AM101

I was gonna post this in a few days but I know some people may be starting the trials soon so it may be helpful to know what to expect. Of course there is probably no normal experience as far this goes but this has been my experience so far.

Day one. First injection was easy painless. Gel created some pressure against my eardrum and muffled hearing along with increase t.
Day two. In the morning the stuffy feeling was gone hearing was fine. I thought my t was lower but it was probably just my perception because it was so loud the day before. Second injection painless again. Full stuffed feeling and louder t.
Day three. Woke up ears still stuffed louddd t. Third injection a little painful. T got louder and stuffy feeling is a bit worse.
Day four. No change.
Day five. Slight decrease in fullness hearing is a bit better. Cant tell if t has changed as it is still quite loud.

I'm very frustrated with the pace of tinnitus research. That is why I am looking at graduate school for tinnitus research myself.

I got tinnitus when I was 17. I was scared as hell, because there was even less information then than now. Basically, they told you that you had damaged your ears somehow and you had to live with it. There was little or no belief that it was a brain issue back then. I understand the panic, the desperation. The thoughts that your life are over, that you won't be able to to live a normal life and participate in normal activities, like going to a dance with a girl, or being in a bar with loud music. I remember scared to go hunting with my own dad because I was concerned about the blast from the gun, so much so that I did not go with him. It hurt him very much and he could not understand why a son would not want to hunt with his father. I have been dumped by girls for other men because they were tired of my worry/obsession about tinnitus, or wearing ear plugs when we went to movies and I got weird stares. Nothing is more emasculating than to have people stare at you in public when your girlfriend is there, and to have her ashamed. I have had to quit jobs that were good paying opportunities because of noise levels. I've cried out of desperation on my mom's shoulder, which is frustrating for a mother that can't help in ways I can't imagine. I've looked at that shotgun leaning against my wall. How easy it would be to pop a buckshot round in it, drive up into the mountains out in the middle of nowhere, hike somewhere with a gorgeous view and end it. That wouldn't be beating tinnitus, it would be giving in. I've come to terms with that. I want to study tinnitus, and beat it like the piece of crap it is. I want to contribute in a way so that others' lives won't be profoundly impacted the way mine has.

What am I getting at here? I am just saying I know all about tinnitus. I don't remember what silence is like. I want it gone. I don't want others to have to go through what I have gone through. If that means counting myself out of a trial that COULD have a possibility of helping me, I'll accept that. I want treatments available for that scared 17 year old I was. I want a doctor to be able to give that scared teenager some kind of meaningful treatment, instead of saying "Go home and live with it. No one really knows much about it."

At the end of the day, we all make decisions about our treatment. I want to ensure that a drug like AM-101 has all the possibility of making it through regulatory trials. If it does, maybe then the doc could squirt some of that crap in my ear drum and it could help.

EDIT - My purpose of this message was not to convey fear, desperation or to make anyone worried. I am just saying that I know what all of you face every day. Just be careful that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot when there is real opportunity here.

Good on you. I myself would love to participate in curing my own T and Otosclerosis using non-surgical methods.

Keep us posted cullenbohannon. I am praying it gets better. It will buddy, I am very confident you have made the right choice.

I was gonna post this in a few days but I know some people may be starting the trials soon so it may be helpful to know what to expect. Of course there is probably no normal experience as far this goes but this has been my experience so far.

Day one. First injection was easy painless. Gel created some pressure against my eardrum and muffled hearing along with increase t.
Day two. In the morning the stuffy feeling was gone hearing was fine. I thought my t was lower but it was probably just my perception because it was so loud the day before. Second injection painless again. Full stuffed feeling and louder t.
Day three. Woke up ears still stuffed louddd t. Third injection a little painful. T got louder and stuffy feeling is a bit worse.
Day four. No change.
Day five. Slight decrease in fullness hearing is a bit better. Cant tell if t has changed as it is still quite loud.

Hi guys,

i'm just back home from my first injection. I wasn't even nervous before as i kind of completely forgot the appointment... long story short, i managed to get it around 2PM.

I have to say i thought the injection was gonna be the "big thing", it appears the anaestesia was the "strange" part. The gel in the ear feels a little "weird", i have to say, when it is injected and hurts just a little bit. When they suck it out, it doesnt hurt and sounds like a storm but not "very loud" like someone said before in this thead... Well we all are different :)

Then the injection was completely painless, i felt absolutely nothing when the poke the eardrum. The product is painless too.

Now my ear feels just a little full but it can be the same feeling you have in the morning when you ears start to wake up...

I'm going back tomorrow and on wednesday for the last injection.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now