AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

When the sound lessens it means there is healing going on. Habituation doesn`t reduce the sound, just your emotional reactions to it. i think we are to quick with using all these pseudo medical terms that don`t have a fixed definition or known effect. remission is not habituation, that is healing, habituation is more like acceptance - like the word itself implies. Atleast that`s my pseudo understanding of it. So @cullenbohannon , good for you!

This drug isn't designed to habituate. And if you are simply habituating, the drug has no other effect than a placebo would because habituation is simply learning to ignore it on a subconscious level.

Hey everyone, update I'm at about two weeks ear feels good. I'm having the quietest t day I have ever had. I hope it's not just wishful thinking. One thing I want to add I am habituating and as far that goes I get better weekly so that could be playing a role as well.
really pleased to hear that you're doing well from the trial drug. Look forward to hear more about your progress. May I ask how you got tinnitus? My local hospital is also asking for candidates for this but am not sure i fit any of the criteria.

Hey Penelope I got my t from an ear infection. They take people who get it from that or noise trauma usually.

really pleased to hear that you're doing well from the trial drug. Look forward to hear more about your progress. May I ask how you got tinnitus? My local hospital is also asking for candidates for this but am not sure i fit any of the criteria.

Hey guys I am very aware of the difference of the volume of t going down vs habituating. I just know before I took things like lipos and thought it was going down. A couple weeks later I realized I hadn't changed at all. Many times people get nervous and think t has spiked when it's more perception. I just added that bit because it's hard to tell for sure but over the next few months I'm sure it will be more clear.

Hey guys I am very aware of the difference of the volume of t going down vs habituating. I just know before I took things like lipos and thought it was going down. A couple weeks later I realized I hadn't changed at all. Many times people get nervous and think t has spiked when it's more perception. I just added that bit because it's hard to tell for sure but over the next few months I'm sure it will be more clear.
Best of luck Cullen hope it makes a huge diference for you took balls to participate in that trial and I know I probably would of chickened out.Hope you get the results you deserve.Best wishes Bill.

Hey everyone, update I'm at about two weeks ear feels good. I'm having the quietest t day I have ever had. I hope it's not just wishful thinking. One thing I want to add I am habituating and as far that goes I get better weekly so that could be playing a role as well.

hey cullen are you using any maskers or white/pink noise at all?

hey cullen are you using any maskers or white/pink noise at all?

Hey. I don't use white noise or any other of those types. I do use the tt radio thing though at night or just to have some noise and sometimes when I read. But that's something I've been doing for years

I just got my first injection today.
The fluid is burning a little when it is going to my throat.
Tinnitus is much louder at the moment but i knew that was te be expected.
Tomorow and monday are my second and third injections.

You guys who are currently on the trial, may I ask what style/pitch your T is? Thanks.

I just got my first injection today.
The fluid is burning a little when it is going to my throat.
Tinnitus is much louder at the moment but i knew that was te be expected.
Tomorow and monday are my second and third injections.

I am confident that your tinnitus will cool down to it's previous level, and then slowly will become more quiet as time goes by. Your participation is welcome! However, get out there and enjoy life! Record your nightly feelings on that cell phone they give you, but by all means don't spend the day focusing on your tinnitus. Let the AM-101 do it's thing!

I am confident that your tinnitus will cool down to it's previous level, and then slowly will become more quiet as time goes by. Your participation is welcome! However, get out there and enjoy life! Record your nightly feelings on that cell phone they give you, but by all means don't spend the day focusing on your tinnitus. Let the AM-101 do it's thing!

Hard to get out there and enjoy life with a newborn baby and a 2 year old son ;)

crt tv kind, very high pitch

I'm particularly interested in your case @James White , as I believe you have had your tinnitus for nearly a year. It will be really cool if it has an effect for you. I would really like to see Auris say "No decrease in efficacy was noticed towards the end of the 12 month window" for this trial as well.

I'm particularly interested in your case @James White , as I believe you have had your tinnitus for nearly a year. It will be really cool if it has an effect for you. I would really like to see Auris say "No decrease in efficacy was noticed towards the end of the 12 month window" for this trial as well.

Well, today, i think my tinnitus is the same as it was before injection. Plus, i'll probably only know in a year or so if i was on placebo...

got my last injection on friday and my tinnitus is also back at the level it was before the injection.
Getting my last injection in 2 hours.
Second injection was more painfull then the first cause they could not sedate my ear cause the hole was not closed

The day AM101 is released you`ll see people putting up tents in front of their ENT`s, sleeping in beach chairs. What a glorious day that will be :)
umm, not to rain on your parade, but how do they know that the fresh tinnitus under 3 months didn't just spontaneously get better on its own?

umm, not to rain on your parade, but how do they know that the fresh tinnitus under 3 months didn't just spontaneously get better on its own?
We don`t I was just having fun, but I see new faces here everyday and there is very few stories that say `I had tinnitus for 3 months and than it vanished miraculously` ... I know these things happen but it is the very (very) few that are lucky. If it stays for more than a week imo you pretty much belong to a group of millions that are in the same boat. I think If there are people getting better in the trial it is thanks to this medicin.

Of course T can resolve without treatment. But the assumption is that this resolution/improvement can happen with equal probability in both the treatment and placebo groups. With sufficiently large sample groups and placebo-blinded trials researchers can use differences in treatment vs control groups to generate valid assumptions about treatment efficacy.

Hey all I wanted to wait until I was sure to post another update. I do think I have had a slight decrease in my treated ear. I will partake in the follow up study where I definitely get the real drug and with that I think I'll have better information to share with everyone.

First I would like to thank @Dr. Nagler for his persistence in this thread by displaying objective info.
So my thoughts go sincerely to all AM-101 study participants and I encourage them to post a summary of their experience somewhere within the coming weeks. As I am confident we as community have brainpower to analyse some info.

I am so thankful to Dr. Nagler because it just sparked me to be more neutral instead of blindly euforic about a Trial 3
study which can fail say almost at coinflip chance.

Some input after reviewing AM-101 from a different side, my side:
We should all not forget that Ketamine is a substance of AM-101
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Side_effects
As can be read about Ketamine is that this is how I call it a complex advanced substance which could cause complex side effects. The reason why there are treatment intervals is because pro longed exposure to ketamine is not advised.
Some thread participants wrongfully assume why medication is a no no. When having read the substance,
you don't want to have ketamine causing a negative reaction with a benzo.

The really good thing in terms of side effect which is overlooked is that AM-101 maybe has a strong tendence to protect hearing, this by partially having learned from auris substance AM-111 therefore being some kind of damage control substance?
http://www.aurismedical.com/p/news/news_11.php?lg=en

Off topic suggestion:
Furthermore, I think this thread shows some flaws of the interface which displays the forum @Markku it would be highly useful if the thread could display at all times at the final post which attachments have been added during posts.
This helping minimising time collecting the info.

Please allow the ability to further upgrade membership license, as we can opt for collecting money and decide as community how we spend the money. We could link the forum traffic link or transform traffic into crowd funding method.
Or invest this in an even better interface.
This because I am amazed about the brainpower which is gathered here.

@nills
@ResonanceCEO
@Hudson
@Johno
@seal
@David S
@Jacob_zjm
@makoda
@attheedgeofscience

Some input after reviewing AM-101 from a different side, my side:
We should all not forget that Ketamine is a substance of AM-101
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Side_effects
As can be read about Ketamine is that this is how I call it a complex advanced substance which could cause complex side effects. The reason why there are treatment intervals is because pro longed exposure to ketamine is not advised.
Some thread participants wrongfully assume why medication is a no no. When having read the substance,
you don't want to have ketamine causing a negative reaction with a benzo.

I would like to clear the air regarding this comment. While you are indeed correct that AM-101 is a derivative of Ketamine (Esketamine, the S+ enatiomer of ketamine), I don't think the possibility of side effects is as great as you make it out to be. The novel thing about AM-101 isn't really the drug itself, but the drug and how it's used. AM-101 is delivered to the middle ear via an intratympanic puncture. The novelty of delivering the drug in this way is that you avoid systemic exposure of the active drug. Your inner ear gets exposed, and that's really about it. The AM-101 study documentation states that the amount of drug used is 1/1000th of a dose used for anesthesia. This fact is not trivial in their pursuit of minimizing side effects. You're much less likely to experience a side effect if the dose of a drug is extremely small and applied to a targeted region locally. That is why the adverse events reported by patients in previous AM-101 trials were vastly reported to be associated to the tympanopunction procedure itself, and not the activity of the drug.

That's my two cents though.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now