AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

I have a doubt about efficiency to, especially since I crossed the three months mark. So some summarizing Questions:
- Is there anyone who participated in trials with T longer than three months who benefited from AM101?
- Is there anyone at all (except for forum member Fish who I suspect his T recovered naturally) who benefited from AM101?

I have a doubt about efficiency to, especially since I crossed the three months mark. So some summarizing Questions:
- Is there anyone who participated in trials with T longer than three months who benefited from AM101?
- Is there anyone at all (except for forum member Fish who I suspect his T recovered naturally) who benefited from AM101?

There was a poster on reddit who had great relief with only one injection, but he had not had it longer than three months though. http://www.reddit.com/r/tinnitus/comments/1m1kiy/follow_up_on_am101_study_i_participated_in/

Personally I have very little hope in AM-101.

There was a poster on reddit who had great relief with only one injection, but he had not had it longer than three months though. http://www.reddit.com/r/tinnitus/comments/1m1kiy/follow_up_on_am101_study_i_participated_in/

Personally I have very little hope in AM-101.

It is hard to judge AM-101 definitively based on internet posts. Keep in mind, no less than 40% of people who participate are getting placebo. It will not be uncommon to have people say "it didn't do a damn thing for me". We will have to wait until their results are published.

I believe AM-101 will do what it is meant to do: treat acute onset tinnitus effectively. I don't think it will do much good for us chronic folks, but if they publish their results and they say "A decrease in efficacy was not seen towards the end of the 12 month window" then we can be pleasantly surprised.

Tomorrow is the BIG day. I have to decide if I get the AM101 injection, I am now 8 months suffering from T.
Still the decision is not easy for me as I am just filled with fear.
Today goes a bit better as the ENT was so kind to display his confidence etc. in the procedure.

The question I gave him and ask now here is, what could it bring me to participate?
Ho reasonable is improvement.
Receiving a placebo is like a coinflip chance. This will I remember as one of the hardest decisions in my life.
Also do I somehow tend to confirm that having T for three months is pretty much T for life, of course there are exemptions. But lets be realistic, will AM101 be effective in the 3 to 12 months mark?

Tomorrow is the BIG day. I have to decide if I get the AM101 injection, I am now 8 months suffering from T.
Still the decision is not easy for me as I am just filled with fear.
Today goes a bit better as the ENT was so kind to display his confidence etc. in the procedure.

The question I gave him and ask now here is, what could it bring me to participate?
Ho reasonable is improvement.
Receiving a placebo is like a coinflip chance. This will I remember as one of the hardest decisions in my life.
Also do I somehow tend to confirm that having T for three months is pretty much T for life, of course there are exemptions. But lets be realistic, will AM101 be effective in the 3 to 12 months mark?
Hi Robb.
Where do you go to?
City?
Does it also make sense for stress-induced T?
Regards, Martin

Hey @Robb and @JAKUB, I went through the first thing you two are going through now. I was nervous up untill i got my shot. It was over in about 5 seconds and thats when i was sure i made the right choice. For a decision like this i dont think your ever going to be 100%, as for making the T worse, that was my fear, but no one has reported a permanent increase in t. The increase occurs because you inner is filled with gel, and the eardrum maybe irritated for a while. Once these things pass alls back to normal. I wish you both luck. Robb the reason some people think it might not work for people who have had t for a long time is because of the theory that the brain memorizes T which i am sure you're aware of. But it is just a theory, the 3 month or one year whatever it was is just some made up number. The trial so far indicated that there was no drop in efficacy for people toward the end of three months. To be realistic this is a trial so this is where we actually find out if its effective. At the end this decisions is yours to make and i wish you luck buddy. Let us know what happens.

Hey @Robb and @JAKUB, I went through the first thing you two are going through now. I was nervous up untill i got my shot. It was over in about 5 seconds and thats when i was sure i made the right choice. For a decision like this i dont think your ever going to be 100%, as for making the T worse, that was my fear, but no one has reported a permanent increase in t. The increase occurs because you inner is filled with gel, and the eardrum maybe irritated for a while. Once these things pass alls back to normal. I wish you both luck. Robb the reason some people think it might not work for people who have had t for a long time is because of the theory that the brain memorizes T which i am sure you're aware of. But it is just a theory, the 3 month or one year whatever it was is just some made up number. The trial so far indicated that there was no drop in efficacy for people toward the end of three months. To be realistic this is a trial so this is where we actually find out if its effective. At the end this decisions is yours to make and i wish you luck buddy. Let us know what happens.

as always @cullenbohannon thanks for your contribution. I keep you & community updated

Today in fact I went to the chair to get that injection and I was excluded the last second because I past the 3 months period by 5 days and that because they made a mistake.How do you get on trial with 8 months onset ?

EU different Trial different criteria..

I wish you good luck my friend if you go for the trial and give us some good news.I was in the same position as you and after a hard decision I wanted to give it a chance.I will wait for your updates.

What do you mean by "I was in the same position as you and after a hard decision I wanted to give it a chance.I will wait for your updates"

Stop wasting time with fear and be gratefull you belong to a less than 1 percent group of people. Sorry if I sound but harsh but you have to have some trust in life... it isn`t even blind trust, this medicin is in phase 3.

read the review on reddit posted above, i will paste it here below:

About a year and a half ago I participated in the phase 2 trials for AM-101. There was a 20% chance I would get a placebo injection. After the injection my tinninuts worsened for about a month before completely disappearing. Currently I have a very, very faint ringing, but nothing compared to what I have experienced in the past.

http://www.aurismedical.com/p/therapies/am_101.php

I just received a phone call that let me know I actually received the drug during the test. They also found out that people seemed to respond better to receiving 3 injections as opposed to the one I received.

So @nills, you received one shot of am-101 in what dosage? Did your Tinnitus come from noise trauma? How many month's in did you get the shot of am-101?

And also, more importantly, did am-101 cure or lessen your Tinnitus?

Thank you in advance.

Thats good news from the guy off reddit and he only took one injection thats impressive. The participants on here seem to have the placebo effect.. Wouldnt it seem if the drugs gonna work then its gotta work but if your not sure after a month or so i feel like thats placebo effect.. Either way hope to god this could help chronic T! Still cant see why not cause i dont believe in the memorization thing but will seeeee!

Thats good news from the guy off reddit and he only took one injection thats impressive. The participants on here seem to have the placebo effect.. Wouldnt it seem if the drugs gonna work then its gotta work but if your not sure after a month or so i feel like thats placebo effect.. Either way hope to god this could help chronic T! Still cant see why not cause i dont believe in the memorization thing but will seeeee!

I have a theroy on that. I don't believe there's such a thing as acute or chronic T. In a way they are both chronic. 50% of people who cut the auditory nerve get complete relief from their T while the other 50% get stuck with the noise (it's in their brain). I think that AM-101 maybe will work on those who are in the first category. But I don't think there's a window of time before the T "settles in the brain". It seems more like there are two types of T. One in the ears and one in the brain.

I have a theroy on that. I don't believe there's such a thing as acute or chronic T. In a way they are both chronic. 50% of people who cut the auditory nerve get complete relief from their T while the other 50% get stuck with the noise (it's in their brain). I think that AM-101 maybe will work on those who are in the first category. But I don't think there's a window of time before the T "settles in the brain". It seems more like there are two types of T. One in the ears and one in the brain.

no matter T is in ear or brain,from current experience '3 month window' seems to be a borderline of recovery hope right? T within 3months range is easy to be cured or imporved,by am101, HBOT,streiod injection,etc. T over 3 months is much more difficult to be improved.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now