AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

I have a theroy on that. I don't believe there's such a thing as acute or chronic T. In a way they are both chronic. 50% of people who cut the auditory nerve get complete relief from their T while the other 50% get stuck with the noise (it's in their brain). I think that AM-101 maybe will work on those who are in the first category. But I don't think there's a window of time before the T "settles in the brain". It seems more like there are two types of T. One in the ears and one in the brain.

Totally agree.

no matter T is in ear or brain,from current experience '3 month window' seems to be a borderline of recovery hope right? T within 3months range is easy to be cured or imporved,by am101, HBOT,streiod injection,etc. T over 3 months is much more difficult to be improved.

Impossible to say. Some people who are "cured" with those treatments within 3 months could maybe been cured just by time, without any treatment. There's no way to tell. And some people in the acute stage have zero effect from those treatments.

Stop wasting time with fear and be gratefull you belong to a less than 1 percent group of people. Sorry if I sound but harsh but you have to have some trust in life... it isn`t even blind trust, this medicin is in phase 3.

read the review on reddit posted above, i will paste it here below:

About a year and a half ago I participated in the phase 2 trials for AM-101. There was a 20% chance I would get a placebo injection. After the injection my tinninuts worsened for about a month before completely disappearing. Currently I have a very, very faint ringing, but nothing compared to what I have experienced in the past.

http://www.aurismedical.com/p/therapies/am_101.php

I just received a phone call that let me know I actually received the drug during the test. They also found out that people seemed to respond better to receiving 3 injections as opposed to the one I received.

(@nills i reply on your post as you are the man of my choice = ) as you for me positively contributed a lot so as other members)

First injection happened this morning, I will describe procedure partially plus experience until now.

First you lay down 30 mins eardrum is sedated. Than you go into ENTs office..
Than he punctures your eardrum, which you notice but not feel, luckily.
Subsequently, AM-101 or P is injected. To my experience the amount is very little, barely noticeable.
Again you go lay down 30 mins.
Afterwards I stood up and had no noticeable side effects except for myself being stressed and in a state of disrealism realising that after months of being on this forum, participated! The stress faded away after one hour of taking a nap back home in train. At this moment the T is the same almost as I left the house this morning. For now I have no concerns, as I am aware that Auris Medical watches this board also, I do hope they have been honest in communicating and translating previous phase study results.
As partaking in this study was maybe the most difficult choice in my life.

For so far the first 1/8 of day one. More to come in form of report after third injection.

I wish all other participants good luck & for now are thankful to all involved parties.

@cullenbohannon
@James White
@urtica
@attheedgeofscience
@Hudson
@Johno

Impossible to say. Some people who are "cured" with those treatments within 3 months could maybe been cured just by time, without any treatment. There's no way to tell. And some people in the acute stage have zero effect from those treatments.

Thank you very much for your feedback @Robb. I really hope AM-101 works!
Did you get your Tinnitus due to noise trauma?

How do they determine in what ear you will get the injection?

I have a theroy on that. I don't believe there's such a thing as acute or chronic T. In a way they are both chronic. 50% of people who cut the auditory nerve get complete relief from their T while the other 50% get stuck with the noise (it's in their brain). I think that AM-101 maybe will work on those who are in the first category. But I don't think there's a window of time before the T "settles in the brain". It seems more like there are two types of T. One in the ears and one in the brain.
So the ones with the brain could bennefit from autifony then right? And possibly the ones that have it in there ears could bennefit from am101

no matter T is in ear or brain,from current experience '3 month window' seems to be a borderline of recovery hope right? T within 3months range is easy to be cured or imporved,by am101, HBOT,streiod injection,etc. T over 3 months is much more difficult to be improved.
That's not true though.

Look at it this way. Lets say you have brain damage causing your tinnitus. Your only hope is that the brain somehow tweaks itself to stop the noise. We don't know if that'll happen or not. However, its fair to say that if your ears are the problem, sending errant signals, that canceling those signals or replacing the inner ear with a fresh one would resolve the problem.

The final result is perception of noise, just like if you have nerve damage in your arm that is constantly sending pain signals to your brain, that if you fix the nerve and replace it with a working one, that it'll not be sending incorrect signals. Your brain is just being fed information, and your perception arises from that. Feed it the right information and it works like you'd expect it.

Thank you very much for your feedback @Robb. I really hope AM-101 works!
Did you get your Tinnitus due to noise trauma?

How do they determine in what ear you will get the injection?

i got T due to a hard slap on my left side of the head = ear -> perforated ear drum etc.
So in my case left ear. Of course they ask you where the T sounds is most present in my case left and center of head.

This means that ear projects (how they call it) the sound from left to center..

In the tinnitus clinic I was, they showed us MRI scans of people with T.
Compared with people without T they showed more activity in the hearing part of the brain.
I guess this was also the reason why researchers came to the conclusion T is a brain issue.

I for myself can say, it is most probably a brain issue.
In a very stressful situation, T started like crazy in my head.
There was absolutely nothing noice-induced.
Also if I take a valium, T volume goes down (central nervous system is calmed).
As Champ says I would need a fix for my brain.
Or my brain will tweak itself to solve it.
Please brain, start self-healing. :banghead:

Noise induced T is not brain issue. Hard slap on ear can make 170+ Db, this is enough to start T. Its more than gunshot (155-160Db)

Its logical, that is more activity in hearing part of the brain, because damaged inner ear nonstop sends phantom signals to this center and that is why it is always active.

But of course, T can be induced by brain damage without impaired hearing. I know one girl, she has accident and she is deaf on right ear and has T. She was hit with heavy part of some construction to head. And i know anothe one. My friend was soldier and has T, but not from gunfire. His BMP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-3) crashed, rolled and he was hit to head. He wakes up in hospital, with some broken bones and T in middle of his head.

So the ones with the brain could bennefit from autifony then right? And possibly the ones that have it in there ears could bennefit from am101

According to my theory, I would guess it takes a combination of both a treatment to the ears and to the brain to fix it. There are faulty mechanisms in both. But I have hope for Autifony. Otherwise I think that DBS will be the actual "cure" sometime in the future.

Noise induced T is not brain issue. Hard slap on ear can make 170+ Db, this is enough to start T. Its more than gunshot (155-160Db)

I do not think there is any evidence that supports your claim. Many research projects have related plastic brain changes and neural degeneration due to noise exposer. There is a 50/50% percent quote on the internet, but I could not get any conformation that is actually true!

This is an open question for the doctors among us: if T could be from the inner ear, would simply sedating the auditory nerve at least alleviate that T (and it maybe replaced by the general T people hear in silence)?

This is an open question for the doctors among us: if T could be from the inner ear, would simply sedating the auditory nerve at least alleviate that T (and it maybe replaced by the general T people hear in silence)?

Yes, worth to try, but i dont know any tread or message on internet about it. Maybe there is a lot of dangerous side effect, because auditory nerve is too close near facial nerves or what...? But Im curious, if it will work or not. Some people with noise induced T, level catastrophic, decide to cut this nerve and become deaf with no T.

Yes, worth to try, but i dont know any tread or message on internet about it. Maybe there is a lot of dangerous side effect, because auditory nerve is too close near facial nerves or what...? But Im curious, if it will work or not.
It is kind of weird that I could not find any example of this pretty easy "test". Maybe it is indeed dangerous....or not. Although, my dentist has no problem administering needles very close by....:D. Or it might not actually be possible.

Some people with noise induced T, level catastrophic, decide to cut this nerve and become deaf with no T.

I have not come across a confirmed story of this actually being true. Still, I hope the AM101 trail will be a succes!

Update AM-101 last day of injection.

Today I had my last injection, before I went in my T was quieter than I came out this concerns me, but as others on this Forum and even Auris said is this a temporary increase.

Yesterday the second injection felt much better. And when I went outside the ENT office T was fairly lower than today.
As Today ENT first tried to make a hole where previous hole has been on wound scab, he canceled that attempt.

And made an other hole in my eardrum. My concern is that this extra hole made the T worse as I felt a bit uncomfortable after the first canceled attempt.

I don't know if there is anyone on the forum with knowledge about if this series of events could have caused the worsening of my T? Or if this is temporary increase in T which some of the AM 101 participants describe.

Thanks for answers

Update AM-101 last day of injection.

Today I had my last injection, before I went in my T was quieter than I came out this concerns me, but as others on this Forum and even Auris said is this a temporary increase.

Yesterday the second injection felt much better. And when I went outside the ENT office T was fairly lower than today.
As Today ENT first tried to make a hole where previous hole has been on wound scab, he canceled that attempt.

And made an other hole in my eardrum. My concern is that this extra hole made the T worse as I felt a bit uncomfortable after the first canceled attempt.

I don't know if there is anyone on the forum with knowledge about if this series of events could have caused the worsening of my T? Or if this is temporary increase in T which some of the AM 101 participants describe.

Thanks for answers

You can take it 100% easy; holes in the eardrum can create all sorts of weird tinnitus symptoms (as I am sure you know). No need to worry yourself needlessly at this point. Take care and pat yourself on the shoulder for having taken the step to go through the procedure. Well done.

You can take it 100% easy; holes in the eardrum can create all sorts of weird tinnitus symptoms (as I am sure you know). No need to worry yourself needlessly at this point. Take care and pad yourself on the shoulder for having taken the step to go through the procedure. Well done.

Thanks for quick reply. So you think it could be temporary?
Maybe difficult question, what could you advise me if it will not lower?

Thanks for quick reply. So you think it could be temporary?
Maybe difficult question, what could you advise me if it will not lower?

It will lower...

It will lower...

Ok. I will be confident to it lowers a bit but I will be curious why its now like this and yesterday after second all was clearly better.

One more question, could the poking of eardrum which first attempt didnt go right when one wound scab have created harmful inner ear pressure?
As my T started because of a slap on my head.

Thanks again for your quick reply. I post an update Sunday eve, hope I am not driven nuts by than:)

One more question, could the poking of eardrum which first attempt didnt go right when one wound scab have created harmful inner ear pressure?

No.

My friend @Robb you clearly have to learn to relax and trust. why ask questions about the future when it hasn`t even happened yet? wait and see than act ... :) you are high maintenance my friend... thanks for the update and wish you well!!

@Sjoerd there have been cases where doctors disabled the auditory nerve. the people became deaf but the t didnt necessarily leave. there are also profoundly deaf people who have tinnitus. and then again people with no acoustic trauma and tinnitus.

The Gospel according to St. Matthew
... where Jesus says not to hustle for tomorrow

@nills @ItalianMan u guys r right, but my "anxiety" has its reasons and to be not uber high maintenance I post my last question in this tread for this week and will after next visit to ENT 16-6, give a rapport here

And now I decide to add this question as an AM-101 study participant:
First Injection -> Stronger T
Second Injection -> Improved T
Third Injection -> Much louder T, eardrum poking gets canceled because wound scab is not sedated enough, this stresses me out. Than another hole is made, liquid P or AM-101 comes in and T is noticable much louder. Yesterday it was very loud! My concern why not like second, because I probably got in a stressed state the perforation and perforating and eardrum can cause T permanently, so in my case worsen it?

To not scare anyone the edge of yesterdays fairly scary Loudness seems to be of..

If anyone has a good explanation for me that it wasnt risky what happened please add, we can see how it go..
Thanks

@nills @ItalianMan u guys r right, but my "anxiety" has its reasons and to be not uber high maintenance I post my last question in this tread for this week and will after next visit to ENT 16-6, give a rapport here

Third Injection -> Much louder T, eardrum poking gets canceled because wound scab is not sedated enough, this stresses me out. Than another hole is made, liquid P or AM-101 comes in and T is noticable much louder. Yesterday it was very loud! My concern why not like second, because I probably got in a stressed state the perforation and perforating and eardrum can cause T permanently, so in my case worsen it?

To not scare anyone the edge of yesterdays fairly scary Loudness seems to be of..

If anyone has a good explanation for me that it wasnt risky what happened please add, we can see how it go..
Thanks

The louder T is due to the liquid in your ear I think. I know that when I've had fluid in my ear, the T has been much much louder. But not always. So I think it's kind of random whether your T is louder or not with fluid in the ear. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Maybe it's got to do with where the gel pushes or something.

Please try not to worry :)

@Jake,

I know that you received the AM-101 injections, how

Thanks

It will die back down, I am certain of it. You have not really insulted your auditory system in a meaningful way. You will end up being very happy you took part in this. I think the increase in tinnitus that you are experiencing shows that you received the active drug and not placebo. That's my guess though.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now