AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

Yey! Got contacted today form the test unit in Austria. They only asked me briefly which one of the two test facilities I'd like to conduct the trial at. So I guess I'm not enrolled yet, but looks promising. Only kind of shitty thing is that I'm going away on vacation tomorrow for three weeks, which will make the total length of this major T-increase 4 months... Let's hope that's not long enough to engrain this spike in my brain, out of reach for AM-101o_O

So happy for you!:) Keep us posted! And it will be interesting to see if the drug also helps lower the tinnitus you've had since 2001. If it helps by at least 40-50%, that means all chronic sufferers should try the drug when it is available!:D

Yeah i know, thats the thing. :-/... Idk what hes gonna do but it sucks they cant take in people with current spikes too.
Hey Grace - Can you rather let @Philip83 comment on my question please, as he is the one that got on and i'd like to know from him, how he bypassed that. Otherwise my question to him will get lost on the thread and go unanswered. And i'm sure we would all like to know rather than summise. I know why he is is doing it. I want to know how he got round that eligibilty loophole.

Thanks for your inputs and responses but let him answer. Tx.

Hey Grace - Can you rather let @Philip83 comment on my question please, as he is the one that got on and i'd like to know from him, how he bypassed that. Otherwise my question to him will get lost on the thread and go unanswered. And i'm sure we would all like to know rather than summise. I know why he is is doing it. I want to know how he got round that eligibilty loophole.

Thanks for your inputs and responses but let him answer. Tx.
No problem, but that did come out a little rude buddy. Your questions will not get lost because hes tagged in them and im sure he will answer YOUR questions as soon as he gets back on. If you want a more private chat, then pm him, otherwise this is an open forum and we can all chime in :)

No problem, but that did come out a little rude buddy. Your questions will not get lost because hes tagged in them and im sure he will answer YOUR questions as soon as he gets back on. If you want a more private chat, then pm him, otherwise this is an open forum and we can all chime in :)
Hey Grace. Apologies if you thought I was being rude. I think a lot of people here would want to know how he got through that eligibility loophole. So a benefit to all ... hence no pm message. But I hear you re the tagging his name. It is a public forum and as you say anyone can chime in with whatever they feel is relevant.

Yup
Hey Grace. Apologies if you thought I was being rude. I think a lot of people here would want to know how he got through that eligibility loophole. So a benefit to all ... hence no pm message. But I hear you re the tagging his name. It is a public forum and as you say anyone can chime in with whatever they feel is relevant.
yup exactly, and when he gets on he will answer all the questions if he feels like, including yours. I wasnt turning the question around, or confusing it to others. regardless of what i say or how many people post underneith your question, he will still read them all and answer for everyone to see.. :) now more then ever since this got blown up
A bit. CHEERS!!

Yup

yup exactly, and when he gets on he will answer all the questions if he feels like, including yours. I wasnt turning the question around, or confusing it to others. regardless of what i say or how many people post underneith your question, he will still read them all and answer for everyone to see.. :) now more then ever since this got blown up
A bit. CHEERS!!
True. LOL. Thanks Grace. Apologies again if I came across wrong. One way of getting my question some unintentional sunlight ;-)

Damnit, I need to be able to speak fluent German to join the Austrian trials, and I don't really speak any at all. That goes that chance :(

I want to add that I didn't get into the trial with my "spike", but simply was contacted and asked what hospital I would like to attend it at IF I were to be added to it. The reason I thought I'd give it a try was because @benryu heard about patient in Canada that had a spike fixed with it. Dunno how that person got in though.

Spike is still going on after 3 months and one week now. H is going up and down. Sound is piercing and unstable and painful, ears feel sore and fatigued. SUCKS :(

Damnit, I need to be able to speak fluent German to join the Austrian trials, and I don't really speak any at all. That goes that chance :(

I want to add that I didn't get into the trial with my "spike", but simply was contacted and asked what hospital I would like to attend it at IF I were to be added to it. The reason I thought I'd give it a try was because @benryu heard about patient in Canada that had a spike fixed with it. Dunno how that person got in though.

Spike is still going on after 3 months and one week now. H is going up and down. Sound is piercing and unstable and painful, ears feel sore and fatigued. SUCKS :(
Sorry to hear that Phlip83. I was really rooting for you. @benryu - Can you comment how the patient in Canada (who had a spike), who you spoke to, jumped through the loophole of "time since onset of T"?

Sorry to hear that Phlip83. I was really rooting for you. @benryu - Can you comment how the patient in Canada (who had a spike), who you spoke to, jumped through the loophole of "time since onset of T"?

Hey, I got the information from my audilogist, she works at the "Audiologie Centre Ouest" in Montreal, she told me they had a patient with chronic T. with recent increase who went through the AM-101 trial with another docteur. She gave me the contact of this doctor, I haven't contacted her yet.

Hey, I got the information from my audilogist, she works at the "Audiologie Centre Ouest" in Montreal, she told me they had a patient with chronic T. with recent increase who went through the AM-101 trial with another docteur. She gave me the contact of this doctor, I haven't contacted her yet.

@benryu I know you'll keep us informed!:)

I've always thought AM-101 would be available to chronic tinnitus sufferers who experienced new trauma. More interesting, however, is AM-101's effect on baseline tinnitus levels for chronic sufferers.

Thanks benyru. Are you planning to contact the doctor and try and get on an AM101 trial? Do you think if you tell them you had your latest spike less than a year ago, you will get in? Did u mange to habituate your initial T? Was your initial T, the one you have listed in your detail as 12/2008? Sorry for all the questions. It would just be gr8 if we had someone on here that had done that and got on and can confirm it here. Then maybe more of us can try instead of getting DQ'd.

Thanks benyru. Are you planning to contact the doctor and try and get on an AM101 trial? Do you think if you tell them you had your latest spike less than a year ago, you will get in? Did u mange to habituate your initial T? Was your initial T, the one you have listed in your detail as 12/2008? Sorry for all the questions. It would just be gr8 if we had someone on here that had done that and got on and can confirm it here. Then maybe more of us can try instead of getting DQ'd.

Are you planning to contact the doctor and try and get on an AM101 trial?
Depends if I can get the Retagabine.

Do you think if you tell them you had your latest spike less than a year ago, you will get in?
They take up to 12 month so yes, I don't see any reason why not.

Did u mange to habituate your initial T?
Yes, quite well. (The increases last year and this year are a bit more challenging)

Was your initial T, the one you have listed in your detail as 12/2008?
Yes

Hi - just wanted to let everyone know that I had my initial screening for the AM-101 trial today and I was accepted. Today consisted of a lot of documentation to read, meeting with the doctor, taking a hearing test, and blood work.

So now for two weeks, I have to keep an electronic diary of the status of my T. First injection scheduled for August 6th.

Still a bit nervous but proceeding forward. I have two weeks to decide if this is the right thing for me to do.

If possible, I'd like to get status update from those who have gone through the trial already to see how they are doing at this point.

Are you planning to contact the doctor and try and get on an AM101 trial?
Depends if I can get the Retagabine.

Do you think if you tell them you had your latest spike less than a year ago, you will get in?
They take up to 12 month so yes, I don't see any reason why not.

Did u mange to habituate your initial T?
Yes, quite well. (The increases last year and this year are a bit more challenging)

Was your initial T, the one you have listed in your detail as 12/2008?
Yes
Thanks benyru and for sharing information on your T. Your response in the 2nd question is "I don't see any reason why not". I think this is really the crux of my questioning. I have a feeling that if you say to Auris that you have had T before...say like yourself, in 2008 and habituated it, I think they will DQ you from the trial. It says quite specifically time since onset must be < 12 months. Your time since onset = +-6 years. Or do they take habituation into account?

That is why I wanted to know about the person in Montreal you heard about, that had chronic T with recent increase (spike) and still managed to get on the AM-101 trial. This seems to suggest otherwise.

Thanks benyru and for sharing information on your T. Your response in the 2nd question is "I don't see any reason why not". I think this is really the crux of my questioning. I have a feeling that if you say to Auris that you have had T before...say like yourself, in 2008 and habituated it, I think they will DQ you from the trial. It says quite specifically time since onset must be < 12 months. Your time since onset = +-6 years. Or do they take habituation into account?

That is why I wanted to know about the person in Montreal you heard about, that had chronic T with recent increase (spike) and still managed to get on the AM-101 trial. This seems to suggest otherwise.

It was not the trial, just the drug according to the audiologist. I plan to call by friday I let u know when i have more info.

If possible, I'd like to get status update from those who have gone through the trial already to see how they are doing at this point.

It's been two weeks since my first injection, and at the point where I was told I should start noticing the effects.

I'm having mixed feelings about where I am at this point.

Positives: My tinnitus seems to be lower in volume, it's less annoying than it was, I'm sleeping better (though not as good I did before the tinnitus began), there's constant changes to my tinnitus. Yes, at times now I don't even notice it.

My mixed feelings on it: My tinnitus was showing gradual improvements almost on a daily basis before I started with the injections, so I'm not sure if these are the results of my natural healing process. I'm not sure if I received the drug.

Negatives: Other than the time that it took and continues to take to participate in the trial, I didn't find much downside to participating, other than the obvious discomfort of being jabbed in the ears 3 times over three days.

How I reached my decision: I discussed this at length with my own ENT and also a therapist. The ENT told me that pretty much the worst thing that would happen is that nothing would happen. He told me it was a low risk procedure and the side effects are most likely temporary. My therapist noted that she picked up in my voice when discussing this, that I'd probably feel like I missed out on an opportunity if I didn't take part in the trial. She didn't recommend or disapprove of me taking part just that we'd see what happens and if I gain relief from my tinnitus and never need to talk to her again, that'd would be wonderful.

After the procedure: My tinnitus was louder (has since returned or lessened to my pre-injection levels). My ears were clogged from the injection and that effected my hearing (even today 2 weeks they feel about 10% clogged). I had vertigo a couple of times.

Personal positives: Since the location of the injections was 2 hours from where I live, I turned it into a mini vacation. I did some of the tourist things, explored the town, and found some great restaurants. This helped me take my mind off the procedure and also helped with my depression.

I'm hopeful I received AM-101 and it works.

Time will tell and I will do my best to post updates as my condition either changes or doesn't.

I'm not going to recommend or suggest someone not take part in the trial. I can only share my experience.

Positives: My tinnitus seems to be lower in volume, it's less annoying than it was, I'm sleeping better (though not as good I did before the tinnitus began), there's constant changes to my tinnitus. Yes, at times now I don't even notice it.

My mixed feelings on it: My tinnitus was showing gradual improvements almost on a daily basis before I started with the injections, so I'm not sure if these are the results of my natural healing process. I'm not sure if I received the drug.

Yes, please keep us posted!:)

Regarding your tinnitus improving before you received the injections, this is an unfortunate result of treating acute tinnitus, for most acute cases do resolve within a year--or even six months. That said, AM-101 does have a placebo component so we will know if their injection improves outcomes over the "wait and see" approach.

@robs @earsnothappy are you doing this in the UK? How long did it take from initial email to getting accepted. i emailed 2 weeks ago and they have asked where i want to be seen, i replied but heard nothing back

I'm in the US. I don't recall the exact timeline. There was only one time where it was about a week for a response, but after the ball was rolling, it was either same day or next day communication.

If you haven't heard back, I'd suggest you do a follow up, or could the response ended up in your junk mail folder?

for most acute cases do resolve within a year--or even six months.

I don`t think that is true and it is impossible to find out ... if most cases resolve why are there so many poeple suffering? Don`t want to start a discussion but I really think that statement is far from the truth and wonder where you got it from?

@robs @earsnothappy are you doing this in the UK? How long did it take from initial email to getting accepted. i emailed 2 weeks ago and they have asked where i want to be seen, i replied but heard nothing back

Thanks

I am in the US as well. It took about 2 days from the time I inquired about the trial to initial response. After a follow up email, I was put in contact with a local ENT office running the trial about 3 days later. From there, I made an appt with the ENT for my initial screening. After the screening, they said I was a candidate and accepted me in right away.

Heading to my evaluation on Tuesday then my first injections should be 8/11 the day after my birthday so I hope I get the read drug.

@robs and @earsnothappy What sort of questions did they ask? and what was the first day evaluation process like? I was told it would 4-5 hours
Thanks @khu85 . Hi @robs and @earsnothappy . I would also like to know what sort of questions they asked and what the first day of evaluation/process was like. Thanks khu85 for asking the question.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now