Ilija

Author
Sep 4, 2014
Jagodina, Serbia
Tinnitus Since
8/2014
Cause of Tinnitus
Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
I have been given a combination drug which is Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, can this make tinnitus worse?
Last time I took amoxicillin my left ear spiked for about 2 days after I stopped taking it but after that it went away easy enough.
I'm afraid of a spike as after recently getting a mild form of hearing distortion and it finally looking to be getting better I don't want to do anything that might make my ears worse.
From what I understand it's a penicilin drug but idk.
So what do you guys think?

Antibiotics don't help for a cold, so no point in taking them, especially because they can cause havoc for your gut biome.
I'm not taking them for a cold I'm taking them so that the bacteria in my throat clears up, which it did within 2 hours.
But on the other side I feel sick in my head and my gut hurts so yeah, still hate drugs.

I have been given a combination drug which is Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, can this make tinnitus worse?
Last time I took amoxicillin my left ear spiked for about 2 days after I stopped taking it but after that it went away easy enough.
I'm afraid of a spike as after recently getting a mild form of hearing distortion and it finally looking to be getting better I don't want to do anything that might make my ears worse.
From what I understand it's a penicilin drug but idk.
So what do you guys think?

Amoxicillin is one of the "safer" antibiotics. Any increase should be temporary, but you can never be certain. Still, many people here take amoxicillin all the time and experience no increase. So I would not be worried. You should be fine.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now