• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Could we possibly get an interim statement from Charles H. Large of Autifony to let us all know what is really happening with this drug and the current trial?

Is this drug supposed to be a cure to completely eliminate tinnitus?
If this drug were successful would it be taken as a suppressant that must be taken for life?
Are we doomed to not have any relief if we have had tinnitus for more than 18 months?
Also, if this drug was proven to be effective, how long before it goes onto the market?
Has a human subject with tinnitus ever taken this drug during its development and had relief?

I am being a little optimistic because I am sure not even he knows some of the answers to the above.
Here there is what Charles Large know....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=charles+large

Is this drug supposed to be a cure to completely eliminate tinnitus?
If this drug were successful would it be taken as a suppressant that must be taken for life?
Are we doomed to not have any relief if we have had tinnitus for more than 18 months?
Also, if this drug was proven to be effective, how long before it goes onto the market?
Has a human subject with tinnitus ever taken this drug during its development and had relief?
Hi Mark,the nurse i spoke to this afternoon was reading out the information sent to the hospital from Autifony
Relief from T after a 4 week course for those between 6 to 18 months,a longer a course for those with longer T
I suppose the definition of relief is now trying to be ascertained by the trial

Hotspur, is there any change in your tinnitus yet?how long have you been taking it now a week or two? hopefully you will send us good news soon!:)
Hi jeannie,still tricky to say,im not half way into the course yet ,usually im about a 4,have had a few recent days of about 2,but had those without this,not sure what everyones definition of a 2 is?For me its being in a quiet room but still hearing it quite faintly but it not bothering you too much? Hope this helps

@Hotspur
Thank you also for updating us. Much appreciated.
Your T seems to be quite low anyway but it seems to have gone down a bit.
Did you see or enquire yet what the hearing criteria is or will be as you seem to have low T so I think that you also have minor hearing loss too......? maybe....

@Hotspur
Thank you also for updating us. Much appreciated.
Your T seems to be quite low anyway but it seems to have gone down a bit.
Did you see or enquire yet what the hearing criteria is or will be as you seem to have low T so I think that you also have minor hearing loss too......? maybe....
Hi amandine,ive always found trying to rate T a bit vague!Surely one mans 4 is another mans 8?I tend to hear it over the tv and radio on bad days,dont it hear it so much when im at work

The most accurate gauge ive found is Audionotch Tuner,mine measured 12khz which im told is quite high,wish the NHS would use this site, as seems to match much better than what ive come across in hospitals!
Dont think i have minor hearing loss,as im 42 and been told i have the hearing of someone between 60 to 65
As for their criteria,always thought you had to have 20db loss across most frequencies?I had that, apart from 250 hz and 500 hz where i had about 18db

Hi amandine,ive always found trying to rate T a bit vague!Surely one mans 4 is another mans 8?I tend to hear it over the tv and radio on bad days,dont it hear it so much when im at work

The most accurate gauge ive found is Audionotch Tuner,mine measured 12khz which im told is quite high,wish the NHS would use this site, as seems to match much better than what ive come across in hospitals!
Dont think i have minor hearing loss,as im 42 and been told i have the hearing of someone between 60 to 65
As for their criteria,always thought you had to have 20db loss across most frequencies?I had that, apart from 250 hz and 500 hz where i had about 18hz
Thank you for the updates. Are you feeling any side effects or something that can be perceived as a side effect of the drug? I wonder If the trial hospital would give you any info on any of the other trialees? Might be worth a shot to ask!

I should also mention communication between Autifony and the hospital has not been great!
For anybody else doing this its 4x200 with breakfast!Hopefully chamerfans doing it right!
When i started,i was handed ONE pill and told taking with food not nessacary,i then presumed it would be One pill every 4 hours during the day,really thought it could have been quite easy to write directions on the bottle!
Anyway Autifony doctor doesnt think its too much of an issue ,and im now doing it the correct way!
This is quite sad that the trial hospital can't even get this correct. From autifony site :
A. AUT00063 is an orally active preparation that will be taken as 4 capsules once daily with food, for a period of 4 weeks.

Thank you for the updates. Are you feeling any side effects or something that can be perceived as a side effect of the drug? I wonder If the trial hospital would give you any info on any of the other trialees? Might be worth a shot to ask!
Hi Rube ,no side effects at all,i was thinking as my hearing was quite bad ,one way of seeing if any effect has taken place ,would be too see the results of the hearing test when i go back

Hi Rube ,no side effects at all,i was thinking as my hearing was quite bad ,one way of seeing if any effect has taken place ,would be too see the results of the hearing test when i go back
Hope now you might see something now that you are taking the one larger dose per day.

Hope now you might see something now that you are taking the one larger dose per day.
Thanks for that,quite disapointing really,think communication would be better,although autifony doctor didnt seem to think it was a big deal

I don't want to trivialise your situation or pain in any way, but I think this is to be considered very low compared to most active people on this forum. I can hear mine basically at all times, even on good days - in heavy traffic, at the pub/club - everywhere.

It's awesome that you got on the trial though! And thanks for keeping us updated!

I don't want to trivialise your situation or pain in any way, but I think this is to be considered very low compared to most active people on this forum. I can hear mine basically at all times, even on good days - in heavy traffic, at the pub/club - everywhere.

It's awesome that you got on the trial though! And thanks for keeping us updated!
Hi Yes the nurse informed them this afternoon,Autifony dont think it seems to matter too much,only came to light when we were discussing what day i as was due to come in

Thats funny!But didnt he end up a recluse?Hopefully this will yield better results!:)
If my tinnitus got cured by Autifony's drug I'd quit my job and be a recluse for at LEAST 6 months so I could relish in the silence hahah. Then I'd start venturing out again, cuz ya know, might get hit by an airhorn randomly or something. At least wanna enjoy it for a bit :)

If my tinnitus got cured by Autifony's drug I'd quit my job and be a recluse for at LEAST 6 months so I could relish in the silence hahah. Then I'd start venturing out again, cuz ya know, might get hit by an airhorn randomly or something. At least wanna enjoy it for a bit :)
Most people i know arent that interested ,suppose its something you have to experience to relate to,anyway hopefully youll all be on it soon

@Hotspur

No you wont have problem. At the best you ll have some or a lot of improvement and the worst case scenario will be no change at all.
Thanks for telling me about your hearing loss - gosh! sounds like severe hearing loss but you can still hear, My loss of hearing must be pretty normal for my age group (older than you!) and also for explaining your T as well.
I too concur with @Valerie that it seems odd that they are not bothered at all by the dosage time table especially as you are nearly half way through (understandable if it wasnt explained to you which is also worrying). This cant be explained away with the idea that the hospital staff know you are getting placebo as it is a double blind study.
Unless it is just one giant con and they are testing for the sugar pill approach and intend to cure people with sugar who have enough faith in the pill they are taking. Mind over matter and all that..........
Cant possibly fathom that they dont care about the dosage time table? Strange indeed!
Anyhow looking forward to your reports as you go along with thanks from us all.

@Hotspur

No you wont have problem. At the best you ll have some or a lot of improvement and the worst case scenario will be no change at all.
Thanks for telling me about your hearing loss - gosh! sounds like severe hearing loss but you can still hear, My loss of hearing must be pretty normal for my age group (older than you!) and also for explaining your T as well.
I too concur with @Valerie that it seems odd that they are not bothered at all by the dosage time table especially as you are nearly half way through (understandable if it wasnt explained to you which is also worrying). This cant be explained away with the idea that the hospital staff know you are getting placebo as it is a double blind study.
Unless it is just one giant con and they are testing for the sugar pill approach and intend to cure people with sugar who have enough faith in the pill they are taking. Mind over matter and all that..........
Cant possibly fathom that they dont care about the dosage time table? Strange indeed!
Anyhow looking forward to your reports as you go along with thanks from us all.
Hi amandine,oh yes,seem to hear fine ,never have to ask anyone to speak up,at the moment
Anyway thanks for that and i,ll let you know, bye for now

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now