• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Here's a simple truth that some may not care for, but they are absolutely working on this medication to generate profit.
Here's the real and simple truth: all companies, in any industry, anywhere, at anytime always work to generate a profit. Maximum profit, in fact...

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures, the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the U.S.A."
--Gordon Gekko (portrayed by Michael Douglas), Wall Street (1987-movie).

Drug is not designed to be cure but to be payed and used until rest of life like any epileptic , or medicine for neural disorders.

It seems that we may have been premature in dismissing this opinion of @Christian78 ,

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/health/newcastle-university-scientists-awarded-funding-8574664

""We're working with a pharmeceutical company and they have come up with a new drug which is in clinical trials at the moment which could be a treatment for tinnitus. Not a cure, but a treatment.

""The focus of this project is to see if we can use electrical waves in one of the hearing centres of the brain to measure tinnitus both to discover if the therapy developed by Autifony is working and how it is having its effect."

Good to see that Autifony are partnering with Newcastle University in analyzing the brain to make sure of Aut00063's efficiency in Tinnitus!

It seems that we may have been premature in dismissing this opinion of @Christian78 ,

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/health/newcastle-university-scientists-awarded-funding-8574664

""We're working with a pharmeceutical company and they have come up with a new drug which is in clinical trials at the moment which could be a treatment for tinnitus. Not a cure, but a treatment.

""The focus of this project is to see if we can use electrical waves in one of the hearing centres of the brain to measure tinnitus both to discover if the therapy developed by Autifony is working and how it is having its effect."

Good to see that Autifony are partnering with Newcastle University in analyzing the brain to make sure of Aut00063's efficiency in Tinnitus!

Honestly I PRAY THAT IT WORKS I WANT MY LIFE BACK! PLEASE GOD MAKE IT WORKS, PLEASE, SEND YOU HOLY SPIRIT ON THOSE DOCTORS AND GIVE THEM KNOWLEDGE SO THEY MAKE IT WORKS :bookworm:

This is horse dung.

If someone running a trial told me I was the only one for something as well "advertised" as this is in the UK press right now, I would be running out the door!!! It would scare the hell out of me, as I would think: Shit, something must be wrong with this, I'm the only one???!!! Bye, I'm outta here!
I've never heard of a clinical trial where they keep it secret that there are other trialees, unless it IS a trial of one, like Rob Gerk who got the GenVec drug in Denver for hearing regeneration.

Zimichael
Many thanks for dung....

anyway... what is your job? Have you ever heard of marketing and advertising?

It's only NEWSPAPERS!!! Newspapers made horse dung... not me! it's all advertising! On the other hand, the secret is absolute. This is sure. The fear of failure would affect both public and private funding.
This discussion, for me, is completely useless.
bye bye

Many thanks for dung....

It's only NEWSPAPERS!!! Newspapers made horse dung... not me! it's all advertising! On the other hand, the secret is absolute. This is sure. The fear of failure would affect both public and private funding.
This discussion, for me, is completely useless.
bye bye
Since you are on the trial - could you please describe to me the color of the tablets and the packaging?

Thank you.

Since you are on the trial - could you please describe to me the color of the tablets and the packaging?

Thank you.
This is my 27t day (the last one). The bottle is white with 28 pills and same painting for pills. I opened a capsule, inside there's only white powder. It's all white. I don't share the documentation for privacy and this doesn't give you the reason to judge / offend people who have not done anything wrong.
20150220_193107.jpg

This is my 27t day (the last one). The bottle is white with 28 pills and same painting for pills. I opened a capsule, inside there's only white powder. It's all white. I don't share the documentation for privacy and this doesn't give you the reason to judge / offend people who have not done anything wrong.
Thanks. So just one "bottle"...?

View attachment 5189
Well thats neither the colour of pill i was taking,or the same bottle,hope i was on the right trial! :)

Many thanks for dung....

You are welcome.

I worked in PR and marketing for 8 years and it was a MAJOR propaganda machine...However, it was also true propaganda, as I was the one doing/creating the reality of the source material....and it was openly visible to many thousands of people and the Press. I know a little about the subject indeed.

Thanks for posting picture. My conclusion is clear.

Zimichael

View attachment 5189
I wonder if @chamferman can chime in if his pills looked similar to these.

That is crazy talk if they haven't had any more concrete results than our members experienced. I mean, 300,000GBP? Isn't that like, eleventy-umpty dollars American?

I've worked as a journalist for close to 20 years - not a science journalist, but a government and business journalist.
I've worked with journalists who are science reporters. Typically, they are not scientists and not trained in science, except for the very basics that you would get in a four-year degree.
This does not mean that all science journalism is poor. There are many excellent science journalists with years of experience and a skeptical mind.
However, science journalism is generally only as good as the sources that science journalists are able to muster in a short period of time.
Journalism is a fast-paced business. It is not a process of weeks, months or years of revision and peer-review. It is a rapid turnaround business. Most stories are researched and written in a matter of a few days, at most. Even a few hours in a lot of cases.
Hence the reason why so much science journalism is susceptible to speculative claims. This is why we get so many stories that say, something "could be a cure" or "could provide relief" or "a major breakthrough" etc. And why we get so many conflicting claims like "red meat is bad" and "red meat is good."
And why some ridiculous debate like whether children should be immunized is allowed to go on for so long.

I have written thousands of business articles that were turned around in less than a day.
In the case of something like Autiphony, you have both science and business issues at play. It is a complex matter, and I am afraid you are just not going to get a lot of clarity out of the mainstream press on it.
Maybe if the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times really gave a good, experienced journalist a lot of time to work on it, you'd get a balanced, in-depth picture of what is happening. But those papers have limited resources.

Don't expect squat out of the commercial, broadcast media. Maybe NPR or the BBC would do a good job.
No offense to our U.K. members here, but I don't have faith in the British tabloids.

I think the key is if they can find something that makes a possitive improvement in T .This way they would know they are on the right track.Yes we all want a cure but I would gladly take an improvement with my T .Who know this might be the magic pill for T.But as long as they keep trying that is what we want them to do keep searching.I don't care if it makes some big company rich just find a cure.

That is crazy talk if they haven't had any more concrete results than our members experienced. I mean, 300,000GBP? Isn't that like, eleventy-umpty dollars American?

Looking at the crazy way this Autifony thread has turned, I wouldn't be making any judgments based on any of our trialees to be honest with you! :confused:

Hence the reason why so much science journalism is susceptible to speculative claims.

In the case of something like Autiphony, you have both science and business issues at play. It is a complex matter, and I am afraid you are just not going to get a lot of clarity out of the mainstream press on it.

Don't expect squat out of the commercial, broadcast media. Maybe NPR or the BBC would do a good job.

I highlighted the key points but your whole post is brilliant and a very accurate and informative insight into what it is that annoy's the hell out of me about science reporting by journalists.

I have a very keen interest in biological science and some of the reporting about so called new discoveries, especially in evolutionary theory is sometimes,(or seemingly anyway), damn right dishonest, probably not done on purpose, but done to sensationalize the story by a journalist that doesn't quite understand the science, and it's only when I investigate the story further that I find what was actually discovered is far less optimistic and exciting as what was reported in the original story!

Nice, informative post @CarolinaGuy ! :beeranimation:

I will take a pill for the rest of my life,for silence!still
L praying this pill will help all of us.:huganimation:

Hope this trial will get some improvement, if it just 30% would do a positiv job. I have T for years now, most of the time it didn't bother me compared to hearing loss....now T improved slighty and it bothers extremly! So every little improvement can bring 100% satisfaction.
The same with hearing loss, there are probably just a few db who can throw you from 100% well being to totally anoyance...I lived ok for years with some hearing loss. After the last hearing decreasing just a few dB, live is hell for me.
Every causal treatment better as placebo is welcome and can make THE BIG DIFFERENCE

Exactly the same for me neither colour of pill or bottle are the same. May be I was also on the wrong trial, come to think of it my athletes foot condition has been looking a lot better :)

Use coconut oil+oregano oil in mix 2x per day and you will fix athlete foot, don't wipe it just put socks on it :)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now