• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Sorry for massively taking over this thread today with 4 or so long posts but I think there is too much potential in this thread to get into circle of negative thinking and most of it is created by impatience and trying to get hang of people that are in trials and unrealistic expectations of world where people care about our condition. Finding more information about aut063 is important to all of us but we can't expect to get anything definitive before trial results and negative thoughts won't helping anyone to cope with their T.
I get what you are saying, and I totally agree! Its just so hard to be patient when every second of your life is torture.

Again everyone, be patient and wait for the results. Hearing Corrine's success almost brought tears to my eyes though, I have to admit. It's great to hear some positive news. Even if 063 was curing T left and right in the trial, I wouldn't expect to hear about it. My dad is undergoing chemo for lung cancer, and he's on a new version that's destroying the tumor very quickly, without the side affects of sickness and hair loss. It's incredible, and completely different from the treatment one would've received even a couple of years ago. I'll bet 99.9% of us had no idea this existed, and you'd think a cancer treatment breakthrough would be front page news. With that, don't look for a T cure or treatment to make headlines. The excitement will be contained to forums like this and other support groups. It will be one hell of a party when the day comes though!

she is my friend on fb and I have asked her to join but hasn't mentioned it to me when I talked to her. as she described her tinnitus now, back to square one a few weeks after going off the trial. so im guessing just by what she said her tinnitus in one ear is back to baseline without taking the drug.yes I really was hoping she would join us, because she said she told them she wanted to go to next trial and she would keep me informed, so at least hopefully if she doesn't join us to share it herself , she will share it with one of us..

she is my friend on fb and I have asked her to join but hasn't mentioned it to me when I talked to her. as she described her tinnitus now, back to square one a few weeks after going off the trial. so im guessing just by what she said her tinnitus in one ear is back to baseline without taking the drug.yes I really was hoping she would join us, because she said she told them she wanted to go to next trial and she would keep me informed, so at least hopefully if she doesn't join us to share it herself , she will share it with one of us..

Well you just shattered a lot of people's hopes :(

Well it seemed the results were permanent before @jeannie posted the update. Now we know this is not the case. Who knows if this drug can be taken long term. Not possible to know at this stage.

I'm guessing they will expand the trial for longer than 30 days...As 30 days doesn't even seem long. Even with trobalt, in some cases it takes months to see a massive result, so I'm guessing it's the same. I don't mind being on it for life, as it's better than nothing.

She also said that it was still better 3 weeks after the treatment. Im sure Autofony will find the sustainable dose when the trial is completed. And I have to say there is got to be some very serious long term side sffects for me not to take it if/when it comes out. I dont mind growing horns.

If I stop taking my Prilosec, my heartburn would return in a day. I could care less if I have to take 063 everyday for the rest of my life...no hope shattered here at all. I actually anticipate having to take a T pill for the rest of my life, as mine was caused by hearing loss. Unless hearing loss can be restored, I would think my T would return if I stopped taking the treatment pill, as my brain would quickly remember the frequencies I lost and start compensating again.

To Quote Mr Ricky Gervais. "If only me Aunty had boll*x she'd be my Uncle" :)

Enjoy the good news. Autifony look set to deliver and who knows now that they are focusing on the root cause of the manifestation of tinnitus and what keeps it going (For the first time in the history of mankind). Maybe it will be found that the actual remedy wasn't that difficult after all.

I see yesterday the"Incurable" Ebola virus has been tamed... Also a huge breakthrough in Skin Cancer treatment.

Until the results come out sit tight and try and remain positive...

Don't forget if relief comes we will be part of a cohort of people who will probably be the most content and happiest on earth...

Luck to all

R

By the way, not sure if it was posted but Autifony is now enrolling patients at several locations in the US for the phase II called CLARITY-1

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02345031

Only for 60+ years old though... These inclusion criteria seems to always change it's ridiculous. No mention of hearing loss requirement too as well.
That may be because they are not testing it for T but for age-related hearing loss and to improve ability to understand human speech.

"The main purpose of this study is to try to demonstrate an improvement in a speech-in-noise deficit after 4 weeks of treatment with the study drug versus the placebo (dummy drug which does not contain the drug). Subjects will undergo a safety follow-up after the treatment period."

This is weird though. It is still the same compound. Maybe it wasn't so successful for tinnitus now they're trying to focus on the hearing loss part?

Seems odd to me. They claim to treat hearing loss yet there is no mention of hearing loss history in the inclusion criteria. Must be a mistake from the website.

This is weird though. It is still the same compound. Maybe it wasn't so successful for tinnitus now they're trying to focus on the hearing loss part?

Seems odd to me. They claim to treat hearing loss yet there is no mention of hearing loss history in the inclusion criteria. Must be a mistake from the website.
no it`s simple - you have the QUIET study and the CLARITY study ... one is for tinnitus one is for hearing. So please don`t assume things to early. you know what they say.. assumption is the mother of all ...

Their plan was from the beginning to study the compounds effect on T and "hearing loss". And the US study isn't about actually improving hearing - It's about improving people ability to distinguish speech from background noise. Most people with noticeable hearing loss don't have problems having a conversation in silent room but if there is significant background noise, it becomes near to impossible.

when it supposed to be out on market?

In in phase 2 and that will end in soonish. Then phase 3 may happen sometime next year and hopefully it will be out very soon if it can get fast-tracked. At the moment, we don't know when it's coming out, sadly.

There is also the question when it will become available worldwide.UK may be the first, but there are countries where medicines become available after A LONG time. For example, it took Keppra a few years to reach Greece after it was already available elsewhere...

There is also the question when it will become available worldwide.UK may be the first, but there are countries where medicines become available after A LONG time. For example, it took Keppra a few years to reach Greece after it was already available elsewhere...

Well, they should apply for a European licence to sell, but that could change if the UK decides to pull out of Europe. So who knows?

Well, they should apply for a European licence to sell, but that could change if the UK decides to pull out of Europe.
Trust me on this one Danny - UK wont pull out of Europe - it will be a no vote.......more likely be available free In scotland but paid for expensive in UK and scotland will become independent........so there may be a mass migration of europeans to scotland! No T in the rain or T in sunny Greece....I lived in Greece and believe me its much better than scotland...but greece may have dropped or been pushed out of the EU by then. Actually it may be well worth going to greece as the drugs will be pennies when translated to drachmas! but i digress ........

Trust me on this one Danny - UK wont pull out of Europe - it will be a no vote.......more likely be available free In scotland but paid for expensive in UK and scotland will become independent........so there may be a mass migration of europeans to scotland! No T in the rain or T in sunny Greece....I lived in Greece and believe me its much better than scotland...but greece may have dropped or been pushed out of the EU by then. Actually it may be well worth going to greece as the drugs will be pennies when translated to drachmas! but i digress ........

It doesn't matter to me if we pull out or not...All that matters is that tinnitus sufferers are treated. Honestly, I'm hoping this doesn't take like 10 years to come to market, having this for 1 years was tough enough.

In how you think before it goes to phase 3?
And more generally. I have read the thread autifony.
3 people. One responds positively to autifony.

Apart Trobalt Do you have other drugs to advise me.

Furthermore, I contacted Dr. Fain and tomorrow Professor Lamas. To try to learn more about the antiepileptic drug of interwiew

Best for all

In how you think before it goes to phase 3?
And more generally. I have read the thread autifony.
3 people. One responds positively to autifony.

Apart Trobalt Do you have other drugs to advise me.

Furthermore, I contacted Dr. Fain and tomorrow Professor Lamas. To try to learn more about the antiepileptic drug of interwiew

Best for all

Keppra for reactive tinnitus+hyperacusis
Trobalt for tinnitus and can help with hyperacusis too, but can come back after stopping.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now