• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Hi @Danny Boy
Thank you for your reply.:)
I do not know if you remember you for the interview in "Paris Match". He speaks of a other anti epileptic. Who got "apparently" good results in European unio. Unfortunately I have no name.
I have to call tomorrow.
I will keep you posted.

Ridge careful anyway by mixing the anti epileptic. It can be dangerous to health...

Hi @Danny Boy
Thank you for your reply.:)
I do not know if you remember you for the interview in "Paris Match". He speaks of a other anti epileptic. Who got "apparently" good results in European unio. Unfortunately I have no name.
I have to call tomorrow.
I will keep you posted.

Ridge careful anyway by mixing the anti epileptic. It can be dangerous to health...

I am being careful, if there is any really bad side-effects I'll stop. Trobalt can be mixed with other anti-epileptic.

I spoke to someone running the trial,another three people have only showed a "mild improvement"
Thats now a ratio of five to one ,20 per cent,maybe just works better on some people?
Also asked about a phase three and no one at this site has been informed of one,hopefully us five have been the unlucky ones
Also the decision on disclosure to the patient as to what we took is currently under review

I spoke to someone running the trial,another three people have only showed a "mild improvement"
Thats now a ratio of five to one ,20 per cent,maybe just works better on some people?
Also asked about a phase three and no one at this site has been informed of one,hopefully us five have been the unlucky ones
Also the decision on disclosure to the patient as to what we took is currently under review

So you mean it worked on 5 people (to some degree) and didnt do anything to 1 person -
is that correct?

I highly doubt there is possibility that one dose will work on everyone - there are just so many variables in equation. If this gets moved forward (and works) they will most likely figure different kind of schedules that will work better than 4x100mg for 30 days.

No,youve go it the other way round:)Myself and chamferman and these three people have showed a mild improvement,Corrine had the good result,wish it was five to one the other way!

Hotspur , what do you mean by mild? how much did it lower your tinnitus? percentage wise? thank you...

Its just a very scientific way of quantitating and objectifying tinnitus, because using the TRQ is very subjective and inaccurate. Way to go Autifony.

Yeah this is really needed. It seems from most studies that the tinnitus ''loudness'' determined audiometrically is not linked to the degree of distress the TRQ aims to quantify. So how can you really see if your drug works or not just by questionnaire alone?

Good on them for also developping this.

Its just a very scientific way of quantitating and objectifying tinnitus, because using the TRQ is very subjective and inaccurate. Way to go Autifony.
"The three year, £300,000 project "
"The focus of this project is to see if we can use electrical waves in one of the hearing centres of the brain to measure tinnitus both to discover if the therapy developed by Autifony is working and how it is having its effect"

So technically they want this to validate if aut063 works in humans for real (instead of just filling questionaire) - however doesn't it imply that aut063 is at least 5 years away from being released then? Or maybe they work on this just as a side project that isn't crucial to phase 3 of clinical trials (that is if phase 2 works fine). There is also possibility they have positive results now but not good enough and want to have better way to tune dosage in future tests?
I'm confused now what does it mean for us in the end.

It's called "the kiss of deaf". It's probably unusal but it is a form of acoustic trauma.
https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/kiss-of-deaf.8424/

I would like to see some kind of scientific evidence for this, IMO the suction would have to be quite vicious for damage to occur inside the inner ear!

Just doesn't ring true to me!

I am pretty sure suctioning can cause acoustic trauma, which can lead to hearing loss.

Well with all due respect, your pretty sure is wrong, there are cases where suctioning has aggravated T, (like in my case) and caused what is called acoustic shock, but their is nowhere in medical journals or pub meds or the like where it is stated that suctioning can cause acoustic trauma, it's just not loud enough or long enough to do any damage what so ever!

Acoustic shock is the only thing that suctioning will cause, which in turn can have very psychological implications to one who already has T and H.

Honestly, we all have to watch what we put on these threads as misinformation can have negative affects on sufferers especially newbies!

Dang it. This is turning out to be like AM-101 all over again. :(

"The three year, £300,000 project "
"The focus of this project is to see if we can use electrical waves in one of the hearing centres of the brain to measure tinnitus both to discover if the therapy developed by Autifony is working and how it is having its effect"

So technically they want this to validate if aut063 works in humans for real (instead of just filling questionaire) - however doesn't it imply that aut063 is at least 5 years away from being released then? Or maybe they work on this just as a side project that isn't crucial to phase 3 of clinical trials (that is if phase 2 works fine). There is also possibility they have positive results now but not good enough and want to have better way to tune dosage in future tests?
I'm confused now what does it mean for us in the end.

This demonstrates that Autifony and Action on Hearing loss, are working on having an objective measure for tinnitus. This is good news, whether its achieved before or after the drug trials. This will not affect the trial timing but would have a huge impact on the quality of the data analysis - and it can be applied to any therapy. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask why Homeopaths and TRT 'researchers' havent started this project years ago.

Autifony and to Action on Hearing loss have identified a weak spot in tinnitus research and clinical assessment, and they are trying to fix it. Fair dues to them. Where is the ATA in all this? - nowhere to be seen!

Ultimately, we have such a small sample pool and very little direct contact with that pool to even think of coming to a conclusion if this drug is working or not working... or working just a little.. or what ever it may be doing.

I doubt the study doctors would direct people to this site to report their status and answer questions, so really, I think we need to all exercise some patience and wait for the results to be released. Unless we get some more direct feedback from 10-20 people in the trial. 3 people and some hearsay isn't enough.

I know this sucks, as my tinnitus has been up and down and has the ability to absolutely crush me some days. I'm in the same boat and would love some answers. We're just not getting any and speculating is probably worse than waiting.

and it can be applied to any therapy. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask why Homeopaths and TRT 'researchers' havent started this project years ago.

But TRT doesnt objectively lower the T and never clamied that it can do that so I don't see why this type of measuring would be applied to habituation therapies like TRT. But yeah, this is a great step forward regarding a real measurement for T.

This demonstrates that Autifony and Action on Hearing loss, are working on having an objective measure for tinnitus. This is good news, whether its achieved before or after the drug trials. This will not affect the trial timing but would have a huge impact on the quality of the data analysis - and it can be applied to any therapy. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask why Homeopaths and TRT 'researchers' havent started this project years ago.

Autifony and to Action on Hearing loss have identified a weak spot in tinnitus research and clinical assessment, and they are trying to fix it. Fair dues to them. Where is the ATA in all this? - nowhere to be seen!

Good points.
I was just depressed yesterday so maybe that why I was bit negative.
On the bright side it does show they believe in possibility that T can be controlled or cured and they want to explore why/how is brain playing tricks with us exactly. In conclusion if they didnt believe in what they are doing they wouldn't be doing this sideproject. That sounds much more positive.

Good points.
I was just depressed yesterday so maybe that why I was bit negative.
On the bright side it does show they believe in possibility that T can be controlled or cured and they want to explore why/how is brain playing tricks with us exactly. In conclusion if they didnt believe in what they are doing they wouldn't be doing this sideproject. That sounds much more positive.
Thats right.
They want to take this opportunity to learn more about the brain and tinnitus.

it will make better trials if it is successful, if they can objectively measure the tinnitus, then that become an e;igibility criteria for a trial, and during the trial an objective measure can assess progress or not

Well with all due respect, your pretty sure is wrong, there are cases where suctioning has aggravated T, (like in my case) and caused what is called acoustic shock, but their is nowhere in medical journals or pub meds or the like where it is stated that suctioning can cause acoustic trauma, it's just not loud enough or long enough to do any damage what so ever!

Suctioning causes barotrauma.

A kiss directly in the ear canal can be very loud. Loud enough to damage hearing.

Say's who?..... You?

This is whats annoying with this forum, their is so much misinformation on it from members who love stating their opinion as fact or just typing their thoughts out on a keyboard!

This is such a broad statement from you,

Here are some sites for you to research this baseless flat out wrong statement, you can post an answer to me when you find anything in them that validates this statement of yours, I not expecting an answering post!

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/296625-overview

https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/i...diving-and-compressed-air-injuries/barotrauma

http://american-hearing.org/disorders/barotrauma/#causes

http://www.entcare.co.uk/ear_problmes.html

For suctioning for wax to cause BAROTRAUMA, the tool would have to be inserted as far in as to be touching the ear drum,
OR,
For the tool that is used to completely fill the ear canal so as to create a vacuum, because the suction pressure that is used is very low, too low to cause an infliction or injury that really only divers suffer from!

A kiss directly in the ear canal can be very loud. Loud enough to damage hearing.

Again, where is your evidence for this?

The inner ear and it's workings is a sensitive organ but we as T sufferers don't give it the credit it's due, it can handle allot before damage is done, we, (T sufferers) were just unlucky, it's as simple as that!

Say's who?..... You?

This is whats annoying with this forum, their is so much misinformation on it from members who love stating their opinion as fact or just typing their thoughts out on a keyboard!

This is such a broad statement from you,

Here are some sites for you to research this baseless flat out wrong statement, you can post an answer to me when you find anything in them that validates this statement of yours, I not expecting an answering post!

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/296625-overview

https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/i...diving-and-compressed-air-injuries/barotrauma

http://american-hearing.org/disorders/barotrauma/#causes

http://www.entcare.co.uk/ear_problmes.html

For suctioning for wax to cause BAROTRAUMA, the tool would have to be inserted as far in as to be touching the ear drum,
OR,
For the tool that is used to completely fill the ear canal so as to create a vacuum, because the suction pressure that is used is very low, too low to cause an infliction or injury that really only divers suffer from!

Again, where is your evidence for this?

The inner ear and it's workings is a sensitive organ but we as T sufferers don't give it the credit it's due, it can handle allot before damage is done, we, (T sufferers) were just unlucky, it's as simple as that!

Actually it seems its not as much the sound or barotrauma, its more the suction jolting inner ear fluid.

http://www.hear-it.org/A-kiss-on-the-ear-can-be-dangerous-to-your-hearing

http://www.healthyhearing.com/content/articles/Hearing-loss/Causes/32635-Kiss-deaf-hearing-loss

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/Tinnitus-after-ear-kiss--on-prednisone/show/1853758

Actually it seems its not as much the sound or barotrauma,

That is what my point was about ear suction.

Like I said I wanted evidence of this ear kiss syndrome and you have provided it, thank you.
I can agree that with a kiss their would have to be a fair bit of suction to result in damage.
I still think it is more unlucky than an actual dangerous action that should be avoided, I have received numerous kisses to my ear canals with no ill effects what so ever!

As for the ear wax suction, I stand by what I said, there is no evidence for it causing barotrauma and that statement is wrong!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now