• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

I strongly suggest some people here to mentally prepare themselves in the event that AUT00063 ends up being a dud. Clinical trials fails more often than not. If AUT00063 ends up working I'll take it as a pleasant bonus not a life saver.

I strongly suggest some people here to mentally prepare themselves in the event that AUT00063 ends up being a dud. Clinical trials fails more often than not. If AUT00063 ends up working I'll take it as a pleasant bonus not a life saver.

What about the people with severe tinnitus? Seriously, it not being a life saver is totally untrue.

autifony is the only thing I have that gives me hope.. if it is a dud , I will be devastated...sorry that's just what im feeling whether it be right or wrong.......:(

autifony is the only thing I have that gives me hope.. if it is a dud , I will be devastated...sorry that's just what im feeling whether it be right or wrong.......:(

That is because this drug is hyped as a miracle pill when the results are not even known, let's all just be realistic here and wait for the trials to be complete.

Hope is good, but false hope can be devastating.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

That is because this drug is hyped as a miracle pill when the results are not even known, let's all just be realistic here and wait for the trials to be complete.

IMO there is an unhealthy amount of baseless hype behind AUT00063. Yes there is a possibility that it *might* work. Probably not for everyone though. Please err on the side of caution here people.

Of course it would be nice if it worked but failure is a very possible scenario.

Hi Jokko, it will not be 15 years ! If AUTooo63 proves effective and safe in tinnitus sufferers, it will most likely hit the market in 3-5 years (but realistically it could be longer). So far things are looking good for this drug but it is only at the phase 11b stage so we need to see what happens from here on in.
This drug may or may not make it to market, but let's keep in mind, there is more R&D going on in respect of tinnitus at the moment than ever before. So, hopefully, something will be developed to help us soon.
Yes, a lot of trial drugs don't get to market, but many do. I see nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic about a drug that, so far, looks very promising. But until the results are in from the current trial, we can only speculate - and it could go either way.
We are all suffering with this thing and we just want some relief, it's only natural we cling on to anything that looks promising (and AUT00063 does, so far) but it's not that simple. Let's wait and see what the results are from the phase 11b trial. We are all in this together but we need to be realistic that a larger proportion of drugs don't make it to market than do - let's just hope and pray that AUT00063 is one that does. Xx

Seems to me just as much pessimism here too. Potassium channel modulation helps T; this is a fact (Trobalt). Autifony is working to fine tune this modulation, without the nasty side effects. They also want this treatment to hit the market as bad we do...ROI. Relax amigos:)

Seems to me just as much pessimism here too. Potassium channel modulation helps T; this is a fact (Trobalt). Autifony is working to fine tune this modulation, without the nasty side effects. They also want this treatment to hit the market as bad we do...ROI. Relax amigos:)
Fact that Trobalt helps T? I don't think so. There are a few reports here that it lowers T, this does not make it a fact.

Fact that Trobalt helps T? I don't think so. There are a few reports here that it lowers T, this does not make it a fact.

we are all individual, for me it does not lowers but it makes me more dull, and sometimes it lowers it so i dont relly notice it unless i concentrate.

the only fact it it makes you habituate to tinnitus, and i never wanted to say it before because negler was around, but now i can, it helps habituate as much as it is possible

how are you @Telis by the way?

how you know autifony is working, there are other potassium modulators that do zero

Feel free not to think so, but that doesn't change the fact that potassium channel modulation (Trobalt, Keppra) helps T. However, people are free to believe whatever they want.

Hi Jokko, it will not be 15 years ! If AUTooo63 proves effective and safe in tinnitus sufferers, it will most likely hit the market in 3-5 years (but realistically it could be longer). So far things are looking good for this drug but it is only at the phase 11b stage so we need to see what happens from here on in.
This drug may or may not make it to market, but let's keep in mind, there is more R&D going on in respect of tinnitus at the moment than ever before. So, hopefully, something will be developed to help us soon.
Yes, a lot of trial drugs don't get to market, but many do. I see nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic about a drug that, so far, looks very promising. But until the results are in from the current trial, we can only speculate - and it could go either way.
We are all suffering with this thing and we just want some relief, it's only natural we cling on to anything that looks promising (and AUT00063 does, so far) but it's not that simple. Let's wait and see what the results are from the phase 11b trial. We are all in this together but we need to be realistic that a larger proportion of drugs don't make it to market than do - let's just hope and pray that AUT00063 is one that does. Xx

we will protest until government give us , who have long term diagnosis of tinnitus that they give US who are willing to take a risk, to give us the drug.

ummm...ok sure.

However, if the potassium channels are not working properly, the cells cannot return to a rest state and instead fire continuously in random bursts, creating the sensation of constant noise when none exists.

Dr Hamann said: 'In normal conditions the channel helps to drag down the cellular electrical activity to its resting state and this allows the cell to function with a regular pattern.

@Gill Hayes , why will it takes 3-5 years? That just seems like such a terribly long time to wait, especially if things go well (fingers crossed!). What in the process takes so long?

They still have to finish phase 2. Then compile results. Then evaluate if drug has some potential. Then trial phase 3 begins (may take 1 year or 2 on its own) and then apply to the drug regulation authorities.

Drug developpment is a very slow and painstaking process.

For those of you wondering about timelines for drug approvals I have attached this handy chart from the Wikipedia article on clinical trials.

Attachments

• Drug_Evaluation_Process.jpg
    Drug_Evaluation_Process.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 49
After 2 1/2 years of nasty T and H, I just started on Keppra. Eliminated my H and reduced my T to a tolerable level, so again, believe what you want.
That's awesome to hear! Can you give us some details such as dose, how long did you take it before you noticed the improvements. How long do you plan on staying on keppra? Thanks!

I wish there was ONE single list of top 10 or so possible drugs and therapies that I could try over the next few years, while I wait for a big medical breakthrough. It will, at the very least, help pass some time. If someone here has such a list, please copy/paste it here.

Yeah I will believe what I want but you won't catch me stating my beliefs as facts.
Its already a fact that potassium channels regulate tinnitus causing neuronal bursting activity. Whether Trobalt and Keppra are targetting the proper subset of K channels responsible for t &h, is not fully known.

I'm interested in the fact that Coreen wrote phase11 ends August, then phase3 then on to licensing as if she had some knowledge that this would not be a slow process.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now