• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

At this point, I could give a shit less if anyone believes or not. I'm not trying to convince anyone to take Keppra or give anyone false hope. Amazing how people report some positive news, then get hammered for it, or get accused of lying. No wonder Corrine hasn't posted lately! At least now I know better than to report any further results going forward.

No one is hammering you for trying keppra and no one is accusing you of lying. But I do "hammer" you for posting about your keppra experience in the wrong thread :) This thread is about Autifony, not keppra. You're off topic. I did tag you in the Keppra thread yesterday and invited you to share your info there but I guess you did not see it?

No one is hammering you for trying keppra and no one is accusing you of lying. But I do "hammer" you for posting about your keppra experience in the wrong thread :) This thread is about Autifony, not keppra. You're off topic. I did tag you in the Keppra thread yesterday and invited you to share your info there but I guess you did not see it?

Yes, that's a good point:) I honestly don't follow enough of the threads closely to remember where to post what. I also had no intention of highjacking the thread with Keppra talk. Now back to Aut...

Hi swc5150, please don't let the TT naysayers get you down ! Some people on here can't seem to resist putting a downer on all positivity, success and optimism.
But most people on here love hearing positive stuff and appreciate the posters for sharing their experiences and information. The fact that you've had such good results with Keppra is fantastic and we need to know about it. Please keep posting - the vast majority of us welcome your info and it is well received. Xx

Hey people above...If you are referring to me as a "naysayer" you all need to take a breath at get a serious grip on reality!

- For one, you can check on my posting history re "Members".
- Two, you can review all the serious work we did in Team Trobalt about trying to get "facts" that would actually make getting serious help for T actually more do-able.
- Three, read my Trobalt experiences and why "objectivity" is so important.
- Four, read my "Profile".
- And about fifty other possibilities.

If you see some "naysayer downer-puller idjit" in there who does not know the meaning of suffering, you have zero understanding of who I am or why I would be interested in getting things dialed in and "super clear" for potential treatments...that WORK, for T and H.
Optimism is wonderful, but it has it's limits after near 60 years of T. I like results...and yes, they differ for all of us, though there are enough shared commonalities that we can move forward with a lot of this 'group experience'...if we keep our focus.

And thank you @swc5150 for "seeing the point".

Indeed this is the Autifony thread, and we have enough confusion, overlap and duplication in the whole Kv/Potassium Modulators arena, that any attempts to make it all more streamlined are attempts well spent, in my not so humble opinion.

best, Zimichael

Zimichael, my comments above were not aimed at you ! I was speaking from experience of the site generally over the last few months. Please accept my apologies if I have upset or offended you. I'm not the type of person that intentionally offends or upsets anyone.

Zimichael, my comments above were not aimed at you ! I was speaking from experience of the site generally over the last few months. Please accept my apologies if I have upset or offended you. I'm not the type of person that intentionally offends or upsets anyone.

Hey Gill...No sweat. Thanks though as to be honest was not sure. Though people who have known me for some time know that I tend to be rather "direct". One of the attributes of being older ("codger" is half expected) and having been in an internal war zone for 20 years.

Back to Autifony here...and the Keppra thread(s). *[Quite a lot of new potential 'reality info' on the latter due, but not today. I'm typed out].

Take care, Zim.

Yes, that's for participant experiences, but not news or updates. I'm surrendering. This thread is a mess and I'm going to stop looking at it. It simply makes me depressed as no one here really knows anything concrete other than the facts that have been released or reported (which in now 70 pages would be impossible for anyone to find). I wish there was a thread that could simply be factual updates.

I'm sure if there's any significant news I will hear about it somewhere else or some other way.

Good luck to you all on this. I hope for us all that this drug works and makes it onto the market as fast as possible.

+1

I'm very curious about this drug, I think - of what I've read about it - that this might be a cure, or at least close enough to a cure.

I try to read this tread as often as I can, but I simply get lost in all the comments, who often are slightly "off topic" - just as this one. But after reading some more I saw that no one knows very much of what Autifony are doing, and that's why no "News and updates"-tread exists.

The mood here seems to be a little lower since my last visit. But I will still stay positive about this. I been studying civil engineering in biotech (just one semester, but anyway) so I know this kind of stuff isn't always as easy as one may think. I still keep my head up, thinking that Autifony know what they are doing and have a clear goal that they are aiming for, and not only "gold-digging".

But I understand the frustration of what seems to be the wrong group to aim for when it comes to trails.

I also want to apologize to @Danny Boy for my last comment, it left me so fast I couldn't think through what I was writing.

Optimism is wonderful, but it has it's limits after near 60 years of T.
Bro, Im sorry you had to experience and suffer T for the last 60 years, it is a horrible atrocity on mankind.
But, Aut63 has been specifically designed for tinnitus as opposed to Trobalt. The fact that Trobalt
is being researched further for tinntius (SciFlour, Tzonoupolous, etc) is a big sign that this line of new drugs are going to provide good relief. Keep in mind Aut63 is Kv3.1 and Trobalt does not have this.
There is a reason they chose 3.1 and not 7.x and thats a good enough reason to be cautiously optimistic.
Look we just have to be patient a few more months until they wrap up phase 2b and come out with the results. If the results will be positive, you will no longer have any reason to doubt Autifony!
If they fail, well....I dont even wanna go there tbh. We need a win for tinnitus. Tinnitus research cannot take another fall as it will be devastating.

How to interpret the news from Autifony?

http://www.autifony.com/publications/Autifony_Series_A3_Fundraising_10Jul2015_FINAL.pdf
This will include exploration of AUT00063 in a pilot study in patients with a cochlear implant,
where preclinical data predict that Autifony's drug may improve speech perception

Good or bad sign for the fight against T?
Did they move on, because AUT00063 was not effective enough or are they looking for the ultimate weapon for inner ear disease?

Has the question list gone to Autifony ? if not why? If so is the response available? If not when will it be available?

Don't do face book myself but someone told me about the below link.

Go down to July 16th and there you will see this site mentioned and a list of the questions and answers that they have on their page, looks like they have put it there rather than answer on here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autifony-Therapeutics-Limited/1613600998914391?fref=nf

Hey Gill...No sweat. Thanks though as to be honest was not sure. Though people who have known me for some time know that I tend to be rather "direct". One of the attributes of being older ("codger" is half expected) and having been in an internal war zone for 20 years.

Back to Autifony here...and the Keppra thread(s). *[Quite a lot of new potential 'reality info' on the latter due, but not today. I'm typed out].

Take care, Zim.

You won't suffer for much longer mate! Hold on.

How to interpret the news from Autifony?

http://www.autifony.com/publications/Autifony_Series_A3_Fundraising_10Jul2015_FINAL.pdf
This will include exploration of AUT00063 in a pilot study in patients with a cochlear implant,
where preclinical data predict that Autifony's drug may improve speech perception

Good or bad sign for the fight against T?
Did they move on, because AUT00063 was not effective enough or are they looking for the ultimate weapon for inner ear disease?
It looks to me like they are expanding the potential uses for AUT00063 not moving on from T. This appears to be good news all round.
What does everyone else think ?

Not a good or a bad sign. They were planning to do this right from the beginning (CLARITY-1 to test speech perception).

Not a good or a bad sign. They were planning to do this right from the beginning (CLARITY-1 to test speech perception).

The CLARITY-1 trial is already going on in the US. This trial uses the same drug but tinnitus will not be monitored.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02345031

@Gill Hayes

Now they are going to try AUT00063 in CI patients. Doesn't seem to be indicative of anything imo. Just looks like the logical next step.

They are also going to start AUT00206 for treatment of schizophrenia. Cool I guess.

The CLARITY-1 trial is already going on in the US. This trial uses the same drug but tinnitus will not be monitored.

Now they are going to try AUT00063 in CI patients. Doesn't seem to be indicative of anything imo. Just looks like the logical next step.

They are also going to start AUT00206 for treatment of schizophrenia. Cool I guess.
I think you are quoting a wrong person because I was answering, not asking :)

@Gill Hayes

They are gonna make a huge amount of money, with how they are diversifying! I might invest.

@Gill Hayes

Too bad they arent expanding to the QUIET-1 study in the US as I can walk 5 minutes to one of the hospitals! Peter Harris from Autifony told me they wont know if they will run QUIET-1 in US until they have compiled the results of the QUIET-1 trial in UK, expect results by end of 1st quarter 2016. Bummer, but at least its forward progress.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now