• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Hi guys,
I'm a new guy here, and have been trying to read through as much as I can but 86 pages is pretty hard to catch up.
Could someone please sum me up where we're at regarding this drug?
As far as I understand, we had positive reviews (I only read two, but there might be more), still in phase 2, and no news really about what is going on and when this is ending. Am I correct?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the disturbance!
Is AUT63 the most promising thing we have so far?

Hi guys,
I'm a new guy here, and have been trying to read through as much as I can but 86 pages is pretty hard to catch up.
Could someone please sum me up where we're at regarding this drug?
As far as I understand, we had positive reviews (I only read two, but there might be more), still in phase 2, and no news really about what is going on and when this is ending. Am I correct?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the disturbance!
Is AUT63 the most promising thing we have so far?

As of this point, AUT00063 is among the most promising pharmaceuticals in clinical trials. They are currently in their Phase II trial, which is due to end at the end of the year, with the results coming out sometime around March/April of next year.

So far on TT, we have had four user experiences, two of which experienced great relief, while two more got no relief. I take this as a good sign however, as there's a 50% chance of getting a placebo. I'm staying as optimistic as possible about it!

Hope that helps...
-Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve!

while two more got no relief. I take this as a good sign however, as there's a 50% chance of getting a placebo. I'm staying as optimistic as possible about it!

Glad you mentioned the placebo, I was about to curse myself cause you can be sure if a drug comes out tomorrow that is 99% effective, I'll be in the 1%...

Maybe they told they're participants not to gather anything online anymore , because of the amount of emails they recieving (Imo)

Little question : as I understand, AUT00063 is "simply" another anti-epileptic? In which case you would have to take it all your life for it to work?

No-one knows yet whether AUT00063 will need to be taken indefinitely. I do not think it is accurate to call it "another anti-epileptic" because that implies that it is similar to other drugs which are already available (notably Retigabine aka Trobalt). Retigabine is an anti-convulsant used in treatment of epilepsy. Its method of action (as a "neuronal KV7 potassium channel opener") is markedly different from any current anti-convulsants (source: Wikipedia). AUT00063 is a Kv3 potassium channel modulator (source: Autifony press release). So AUT000063 operates on a different group of potassium channels from Retigabine and there is nothing currently available which is comparable to AUT00063. Therefore we cannot draw any conclusions about AUT00063 on the basis of assumed similarity with Retigabine or with any other currently available drug.

Participants in the Phase I clinical trial of AUT00063 did not report any major unpleasant side-effects. That is according to the Patient Information Leaflet which was given to candidates for Phase 2. I think there were reports of mild nausea and headaches but nothing worse than that. The patient leaflet is quoted earlier in this thread and I think someone even posted a scan of the document. If it quietens our T without any major side-effects, I'm sure most of use would be quite happy to take AUT00063 every day for the rest of our lives.

No-one knows yet whether AUT00063 will need to be taken indefinitely. I do not think it is accurate to call it "another anti-epileptic" because that implies that it is similar to other drugs which are already available (notably Retigabine aka Trobalt). Retigabine is an anti-convulsant used in treatment of epilepsy. Its method of action (as a "neuronal KV7 potassium channel opener") is markedly different from any current anti-convulsants (source: Wikipedia). AUT00063 is a Kv3 potassium channel modulator (source: Autifony press release). So AUT000063 operates on a different group of potassium channels from Retigabine and there is nothing currently available which is comparable to AUT00063. Therefore we cannot draw any conclusions about AUT00063 on the basis of assumed similarity with Retigabine or with any other currently available drug.

Participants in the Phase I clinical trial of AUT00063 did not report any major unpleasant side-effects. That is according to the Patient Information Leaflet which was given to candidates for Phase 2. I think there were reports of mild nausea and headaches but nothing worse than that. The patient leaflet is quoted earlier in this thread and I think someone even posted a scan of the document. If it quietens our T without any major side-effects, I'm sure most of use would be quite happy to take AUT00063 every day for the rest of our lives.

The difference is Trobalt works on KV7.1-5 Autifony works on KV3.1 only. There is that SF drug which works on KV7.2-3, but their main goal is epilepsy.

It's early days. Mrs D managed to nearly get rid of hers, so it could come back in a few days or week. I just won't know.

This is what Mrs D actually wrote;

"By the end of the trial my tinnitus has improved by 75% and I hardly noticed it.During the trial the only side effect I had was slight heartburn and if I drank too much alcohol is was vomiting, the drink I can do without and the heartburn I can cope with. Three weeks after stopping the trial I was back to square one, the awful sound"

Don't get too discouraged over that Patrick, I think I saw somewhere that Autifony or at least intelligent minds on TT were talking about the possibility of re polarizing the hyperactive neurons through long term use of Autifony, (assuming Autifony is a success, which I of course have my fingers crossed for.). If it is possible to permanently "repolarize" these overactive neurons, I assume it would take longer than a three week trial, even with Autifony....

Keep your head up!

-Steve

Thanks for cheering me up Steve, I wish I could postpone my T for another 10 years! Feel like things are starting to move a bit now but nothing serious is probably coming out before quite a long time...
I wish we could raise awareness on T and have a lot of people collaborating and working on it. Feeling like everyone is doing their thing in their corner...

This is what Mrs D actually wrote;

"By the end of the trial my tinnitus has improved by 75% and I hardly noticed it.During the trial the only side effect I had was slight heartburn and if I drank too much alcohol is was vomiting, the drink I can do without and the heartburn I can cope with. Three weeks after stopping the trial I was back to square one, the awful sound"
4 weeks of medicine and 7 weeks of silence is pretty good ... ! ... it means three weeks without medicine the brain was altered enough to keep the new state ... can you imagine a year? ... on the right dose ...I`m quietly very eager to see the future of this medicin.

4 weeks of medicine and 7 weeks of silence is pretty good ... ! ... it means three weeks without medicine the brain was altered enough to keep the new state ... can you imagine a year? ... on the right dose ...I`m quietly very eager to see the future of this medicin.
Think that I saw something a while back that said the longer a person has T then the longer he or she has to take autifony drug for remedial success.

Some antiepileptics drugs, drug for heart drugs are supposed to be taken for the end of a life to keep right condition and protect person from suffering. Personaly, I would be pleased enough if the same is gonna be with autifony...One pill daily, or weekly is Ok for me. Just if it works. I think we should not be to demanding...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now