• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

@Danny Boy Should we all buy massive amounts of stock in Autifony? You seem convinced it's going to be a big hit!

They already have massive investors such as GSK, Pfizer and if I'm not mistaken you can't buy shares from Autifony, as they are a privately held company.

Technically you should't "expect" anything. Just remember how your T is before the trial and then compare it after the trial.

How loud is your T now? Can you hear it over things like the tv? In traffic? While driving? Outdoors? Only indoors? Etc. Log these things now so to the end of the trial you will have some reference points to compare....

Any "expectations" will enhance the placebo effect.

I basically have had it for just over 6 months. It sounds like a very high frequency pitched hiss. I don't really hear it above traffic or the tv too much. It is always there though and is noticeable the most first thing in the morning. Of course focusing on it makes it worse but am finding that I don't do that so much now. I think by many standards so far it is not as loud as other people experience it. In am able to modulate it in my left ear by moving my jaw, pressing my head in certain places etc... Anyway, I guess there will be some kind of measuring system so they can record any improvement.

I have two friends who describe it as a lot worse than mine. Like a loud wooshing sound with crickets. Another friend has a constant humming but it seems it doesn't bother either of them. I guess everyone has different tolerances.

@Danny Boy Should we all buy massive amounts of stock in Autifony? You seem convinced it's going to be a big hit!

I recently bought some GSK stock due to Aut. It's actually at a fairly low point right now, compared to last year, and I expect a nice spike in 16Q2. I'm assuming two things: 1. It works and 2. GSK will be responsible for mass production and distribution. I don't expect much of a return, even if successful, but rather just my vote of confidence in their research.

They already have massive investors such as GSK, Pfizer and if I'm not mistaken you can't buy shares from Autifony, as they are a privately held company.

Hi Lloyd and Danny, indirectly you can partly invest in Autifony via Imperial Innovations, they held 25.7% of the shares of Autifony but have also many other investments. So i guess at the moment more or less 98% of the marketcap of the stock http://www.google.co.uk/finance?cid=707470 represent other investments of Imperial Innovations watch
http://www.brrmedia.com/event/139342/barbara-domayne-hayman-chief-business-officer

@amandine Well maybe if they let some of us in the US give it a shot, they would have more people "through the door!" I'm hoping that by phase three, they'll let people outside of 18 months within onset participate, because I'm two months in, and by the time phase three starts (assuming it does and that it extends to the US), I'll probably be over 1.5 years!

And if they're anticipating its use for everyone, why wouldn't they test everyone in phase two?
I am not in charge of autifony and dont decide the acceptance policy. It is well known that they are doing this for chronic t which is why they dont start till 6 months but they have to have cut off points or they will not be able to compare their results clearly.

Can I add that this is how trailing drugs (any drug) is done. They do not trial it on everyone in phase 11 trials for various reasons one of which is in case it causes unexpected problems in trailees. Remember phase 11 trials are to investigate efficacy, tolerability and safety, if a safety issue arises they want to limit the number at risk. If it proves efficacious, well tolerated and safe then it will go on to phase 111 trials which will be open to many more trailees.

The big reduction and then coming back after ending the trial was huge news (from Ms. D, TT member and Aut guinea pig). Assuming Aut is safer than Trobalt (and because it is a more focused drug we're hoping it is), it definitely has a chance to be upped in dosage and time frame in order to DESTROY chronic T. Here's to hoping!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now