Author
Benefactor
Jul 29, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Tinnitus Since
07/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
Phone ring tone directly in my ear/hearing loss 15% l, 25% r
Hello everyone. I may have to go on blood thinners due to an irregular heart beat (which hopefully they can fix with an ablation). I am already on 81 mg. of aspirin and it does not seem to have an impact.

I am worried it may exacerbate my tinnitus. Will it?

Are there certain blood thinners out there that are better than others?

Try and relax @John CC and not concern yourself with medications making tinnitus worse. It is worry, overthinking and reading negative posts about medications that can make one believe their tinnitus will be adversely affected. Once this mindset takes hold it is not easy to shake off. My blood pressure medicine is listed as: can cause ringing in the ears. I have been taking it for quite a while and it hasn't affected my tinnitus in the slightest. Not taking my BP meds means I risk: A stroke, heart failure, kidney problems and my early exit from this mortal coil.

Take the aspirin as recommend by your doctor. Forget about tinnitus and live your life.
Take care
Michael

Hello everyone. I may have to go on blood thinners due to an irregular heart beat (which hopefully they can fix with an ablation). I am already on 81 mg. of aspirin and it does not seem to have an impact.

I am worried it may exacerbate my tinnitus. Will it?

Are there certain blood thinners out there that are better than others?
A sideline ...

If it is atrial fibrillation, have a look at Dr Sajay Guptas YouTube videos and atrial fibrillation and magnesium taurate.

I had a run of rapid atrial fib last year and faced the possibility of anticoags and beta blockers.

I reverted with iv mg sulphate and haven't had any further episodes since I've stayed on the mg taurate.

A good read is "remineralise your heart" by Dr Carolyn Dean.

Just some suggestions to consider ...

I'm on warfarin and it makes no difference, my tinnitus is loud, intrusive whatever I take but it's not made worse by anticoagulants.

Take it, and don't worry, the resulting stroke that can be caused by arrhythmia is worse than tinnitus, I know.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now