• Join us for Dr. Dirk de Ridder Q&A starting in 30 minutes!

You will get to ask about his research on the understanding and treatment of phantom perceptions such as pain and tinnitus, as well as addiction, using non-invasive neuromodulation (TMS, tDCS, tACS, tRNS, tPNS, neurofeedback) and invasive neuromodulation techniques such as brain implants. And of course, he will speak about the mission of Tinnitus Quest as well.

Register & Join Here!

Can Magnesium Make Tinnitus Worse?

I just wanted to resurrect this thread and share my two cents.

I've been taking Magnesium Glycinate and L-Threonate (Magtein) for over a year now since discovering their benefits for the ears.

I can happily report that I've had no spikes whatsoever related to taking them. I try to take Magtein more often since it can cross the blood-brain barrier, but I run out of it more frequently, so I end up going back to Glycinate for a bit due to its high absorption.

I've taken Magnesium Citrate before, too, as it's also easily absorbed, but too much of it has a laxative effect, so I don't really take it unless it's all I have.

I've been taking Magnesium for four months, and it seems to keep my tinnitus manageable. It may be a composite result of many other things as well: prayer, reading Psalms, quiet walks, and some masking in the middle of the night when I cannot sleep.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now