Changes in My Tinnitus

Gl0w0ut

Author
Sep 10, 2017
Tinnitus Since
April 2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Lately, I've noticed my tinnitus has either been louder or just harder to mask. I haven't used my headphones in a few weeks but in that time, I have noticed my tinnitus volume doesn't really change in volume when I cup my ears like it used to. It also isn't as masked as easily anymore and I feel it has become less responsive to the effects of residual inhibition.

Is my brain try to make me kill myself? Is it trying to torment me by subjecting me to the eternal noise with no escape or masking ever?

It can be tough and the beast will keep changing so lets hope one day for the better.
Driving me nuts too and think mine won't drop.
ENT next week

Love glynis

@Gio avoid noise even moderate, avoid masking and avoid medicine for some months. If no improvements and you cannot cope anymore try retigabine or analogous medicine but pay attention bec I read it can bring eyes problems

Yes But I read somewhere they replaced it with another similiar drug but i do not recall the name, such medicine only as last shore

@Gio avoid noise even moderate, avoid masking and avoid medicine for some months. If no improvements and you cannot cope anymore try retigabine or analogous medicine but pay attention bec I read it can bring eyes problems

How does one avoid moderate noise unless they become a literal shut in? I would even say loud noise is even impossible to avoid unless you live in country.

I live in the burbs and there is noise everywhere before t I didn't notice anything after t I was like I could hear everything 10 times louder I was going crazy. Slowly I had to readjust. And my T was not from music or headphones. T changes your life.

yeah man residual inhibition stops working as well as it used to after a while. Could be the change in tone which my T did do when compared to what it was when i first got it...hang in there man...i suggest trying to keep a fan on or have water sounds such as the sink around you if possible. I use an app on my iphone called white noise that lets me record sound loops and I have a bunch of sink and steam sounds that do the trick. I use them to sleep at night.

yeah man residual inhibition stops working as well as it used to after a while. Could be the change in tone which my T did do when compared to what it was when i first got it...hang in there man...i suggest trying to keep a fan on or have water sounds such as the sink around you if possible. I use an app on my iphone called white noise that lets me record sound loops and I have a bunch of sink and steam sounds that do the trick. I use them to sleep at night.
I adjusted the noise and got it working again. Does it really stop working? I feel like it's shorter for me but maybe that's because I obsessively search for the sound

I adjusted the noise and got it working again. Does it really stop working? I feel like it's shorter for me but maybe that's because I obsessively search for the sound

Yeah kind of...maybe i dont have the exact tone but it seems to be less effective...i dont even look for it anymore...havent done it in a long time...i just keep myself surrounded by sounds and even though I can sometimes still notice it I just ignore it and keep busy.

Yes, I'm having a dreadful day with it, but I'm hopeful it will drop back a bit, the headache it accompanies isn't good either. Grrrrrr.
And mine is NEVER maskable.

I developed a new home in my left ear yesterday. It's very faint and a lower tone than normal. I'm stressing over it

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now