• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

The Galtee, are these similar to the Penines over here, i.e. trek-able by day and seemingly inviting and quite benign, yet, the moment the mist rolls in...
Yes same, there are three different trails. Two go into two hidden lakes, one takes you to the top of the mountain. We had to wait a day for fog to disappear before we ventured in. I'm too old to be calling a rescue unit to help find us.

Practically the only thing on my mind that evening... Suffice to say, that pack of 3 still had 3 in it the following morning lol.
Once my brother tried the same thing. He met some beautiful girl on Halloween. So instead of being embarrassed, he opened the condom pack, then stretched it over his head proclaiming he was dressed as a dick head. At least he got a laugh.

Mrs UKBloke gets 100 points for choosing the real deal.

You did light her fire after all.
Ah, my bad. Mrs. UKB and I got together many years later.

As for the girl with the matches, never saw her again. She probably ended up with someone a little more dextrous lol.

Right people, I really need some advice.

Tomorrow, I have an important job interview with somewhere I have wanted to work for ages. However, I'm really quite ill. :depressed: :grumpy:

What shall I do?! Do I call them tomorrow morning and tell them/ask them to postpone the interview? Or, should I brave it and go in, but potentially fail because I'm not 100% with it.

I am SO stressed about this. Any advice at all would be much appreciated right now.

What shall I do?! Do I call them tomorrow morning and tell them/ask them to postpone the interview? Or, should I brave it and go in, but potentially fail because I'm not 100% with it.
Hi @Steph1710, I guess it depends on what British employers consider commitment to the job. If going to the interview even though you are sick reflects positive on you and your work ethic, give it your best shot. But if (and that would probably be the case here in Germany) seeing you sick, will make your future boss worry about you infecting them / their other employees with Covid/..., I'd rather stay at home.

If you have a contact name or e-mail address, you could even let them know today that you may not be able to make it tomorrow because of a cold and offer to do a Zoom interview instead to show your willingness to go through with the meeting but also ensure that everybody will be safe.

I hope this helps you a little, and the best of luck with whatever you decide upon!

Tomorrow, I have an important job interview with somewhere I have wanted to work for ages. However, I'm really quite ill. :depressed: :grumpy:

I am SO stressed about this. Any advice at all would be much appreciated right now.
Brave it.

Steph if you are sick temporarily this week, it could be difficult performing your best although if it's just talk I think you'll pull through.

You can just say you got a running nose and they'll probably be more than happy to give you another interview next week :)

If it's not a deadline of course.

I hope this helps you a little, and the best of luck with whatever you decide upon!
@Leila, thank you SO much for the advice! It is really appreciated right now.

What I've decided to do is to prepare for the interview anyway, and then see how I feel in the morning. If I am still too sick, I will do as you said, and offer to have the interview over Zoom. That way, I'm still showing willingness, but am also showing consideration to others by not wanting to infect them.

Thank you so, so much. All advice helps. X

I'm currently preparing/revising for the interview.
Does the interview involve you checking the lymph nodes of a petrified turtle, Steph?

drsteph.PNG

A short gun story.

For you @aura some humour.

A man walked into a crowded pub with an unholstered gun, yelling, I have a 45 caliber 1911 Colt. It holds 7 shells in the magazine and one in the chamber. I want to know who's been sleeping with my wife.

From somewhere in the back of the room a voice was heard.

You need more ammo.

Does the interview involve you checking the lymph nodes of a petrified turtle, Steph?
Hahahaha! Funny, my dad said a similar thing. :ROFL: :ROFL:

No. Unfortunately, I have to give a presentation on my favourite work of art or building, but as if I'm addressing it to people in the setting of a country house or museum.

I have chosen 'The Rape of Persephone' by Bernini (1621-22).

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to go to the interview, but I'm going to phone ahead first and let them know I've been ill, so they can make a decision for me. I'm so bloody tired/drained - fingers crossed I can deliver what they want.

Steph if you are sick temporarily this week, it could be difficult performing your best although if it's just talk I think you'll pull through.
It is just talk, though it's gunna take some brain power. I have to give a presentation on my favourite work of art, plus they will definitely question me about the building and the objects... right now, my brain feels so hazy. :(
You can just say you got a running nose and they'll probably be more than happy to give you another interview next week :)

If it's not a deadline of course.
I've decided I will phone ahead and let them decide whether I should see them face-to-face. I'll offer to wear a mask and sit back from them etc.

You never know, they might reschedule, which would be good. :)

It is just talk, though it's gunna take some brain power. I have to give a presentation on my favourite work of art, plus they will definitely question me about the building and the objects... right now, my brain feels so hazy. :(

I've decided I will phone ahead and let them decide whether I should see them face-to-face. I'll offer to wear a mask and sit back from them etc.

You never know, they might reschedule, which would be good. :)
Sounds like you handled that mature and politely without showing lack of interest.

So how did it go? :)

Sounds like you handled that mature and politely without showing lack of interest.

So how did it go? :)
Well, they said to still come in, so I did.

I gave it my best shot, but I wasn't very prepared and it certainly wasn't my best performance because I've only had five hours sleep - and it was restless. :(

What we be, will be. I have another job interview on the 9th March, so hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

Thank you for asking. BIG hugs. :love:

Well, they said to still come in, so I did.

I gave it my best shot, but I wasn't very prepared and it certainly wasn't my best performance because I've only had five hours sleep - and it was restless. :(

What we be, will be. I have another job interview on the 9th March, so hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

Thank you for asking. BIG hugs. :love:
No worries. You can always live off poor Rob :cool:

It's warm here in silly Suffolk, but no sunshine yet. :(
suffolk.PNG

Lol. Only a Brit (or a Scandinavian) would think 8 degrees = "warm".

It's 11 degrees over here in London and I'm still wearing triple layers when I leave the apartment.
Seriously don't concern yourself over it Steph. Everyone here knows you know your sh*t when it comes to history and ancient artefacts; they'll be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't take you, but that's on them.

Exactly like @MindOverMatter said, if they don't give you the job, there was probably a very good reason for it (in a universal sense). Something better waiting for you down the road I expect.

So let go and let God.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now