• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Choice of Stem Cells

Nope, I am really planning on booking a treatment soon but I've just been busy with other things the past while. Hoping to book something in the next few weeks. I am woefully bad at organisation lol.
So where are you going?

I started reconsidering stem cells, I guess at StemCells21. I can't see being able to cope with the trip. I can afford the cost of the treatment. So perhaps in order to say I did everything I could, I should include that...

I've been following a lot of the talk here that @attheedgeofscience, @SmallRonnie, and a few others have dove into, and am scheduling an appointment with Innate Healthcare for early 2023.

Tentatively I'm looking at doing 1.2 billion cells (quoted at $26,000 USD) IV, Intranasal, Behind the Ear Injection (all UMSC), as well as exosome drops in the ear.
@Markku, any chance you could email @Karj and ask for an update? If this has some promise, being it is available in the U.S. for a much more reasonable cost than StemCells21, it would be a great option for many of us. Thanks.

@Markku, any chance you could email @Karj and ask for an update? If this has some promise, being it is available in the U.S. for a much more reasonable cost than StemCells21, it would be a great option for many of us. Thanks.
Done. :beeranimation:

Is Dr. Cliff accurate about what he's saying about stem cells in this video?

If so, I don't see why anyone would consider stem cells at this point.

If so, I don't see why anyone would consider stem cells at this point.
It is a total shot in the dark. The evidence is less than scant:
  • @attheedgeofscience threw a kitchen sink at this tinnitus, including LLLT, Trobalt and stem cells. His tinnitus wasn't noise induced, apparently. His profile suggests medications/head injury.

• @undecided's is story is more compelling, with a major reduction in tinnitus (after a few years of having it), but the cause for his tinnitus is unknown - "stress" suspected.

• @LJMD had 25% tinnitus reduction, which maybe is not minor. He says his tinnitus was due to "accumulated NIHL."

• @FERNANDO GIL - no information on the cause for his tinnitus. He reported 80% improvement, but also used a lot of LLLT (seems to be a big believer in it).

• @Orea said she went to StemCells21 and was diagnosed with cancer 3 months later (source). The member answered no further questions, and was accused of trolling, however the member had been on the forum for like 2 years and previous posts look legitimate to me. Cancer could have been a coincidence, who knows.

• @Pleasure_Paulie - noise-induced tinnitus. No effect.

• @Samantha R - tinnitus of unknown origin, got treatment at Unique Access in Thailand, no effect (source).

• @friend - head trauma induced tinnitus. No effect.

• @whiskeykonteq - noise trauma induced tinnitus. I was able to contact him outside of Tinnitus Talk. His tinnitus is not an issue anymore but he still "hears it sometimes". He says there is no way to tell if stem cell therapy helped or not.

• @DebInAustralia - ototoxicity induced tinnitus. No effect on tinnitus, but reduced reactivity and hyperacusis after adipose stem treatment for some other condition (source #1, source #2).
First four went to StemCells21 (@attheedgeofscience did two treatments, 2nd somewhere in China). Others went elsewhere.

There was allegedly some clinical trial on children where it helped with hearing loss, but I haven't found the publication yet.

So yeah, the evidence seems to be it could be a viable treatment for some other condition that causes tinnitus as a side effect. For noise-induced tinnitus, chances look to be about zero... :(

I tried to convince myself this may be worth the shot. I'd like to at least eliminate/reduce one of the devils, either tinnitus or hyperacusis and maybe more so the latter.

Thank you @gameover for doing the hard research work and then posting this.
No problem.

One note regarding member @LJMD. He did two treatments at StemCells21, his last update was right after the 2nd treatment which took place about 4 months after the 1st. So that's the time for which he claimed 25% improvement. I wish he updated us if he improved further as more time went on.

@Markku, again, could try emailing him as well with a request for an update? Thank you.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now