Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril)

Hi @ErikaS, I take it the minute I get up. I instinctively know how bad the day will be, so I decide between 0.025, 0.5, or 0.75 mg in one go. If I take it the night before, I don't get as good of an effect.

FYI: if you're really struggling, 0.5 mg just before bed, followed by the same dose upon waking, works well. Clonazepam also bioaccumulates, as I understand.
@Cmspgran, I'm thinking of following suit. My concern is that if I take it at night, I might start to feel agitated by the afternoon. Since I tend to suffer more during the day, it seems like a better option to take it then. Could @linearb chime in and explain why they decided to take it during the day?

@Cmspgran, I'm thinking of following suit. My concern is that if I take it at night, I might start to feel agitated by the afternoon. Since I tend to suffer more during the day, it seems like a better option to take it then. Could @linearb chime in and explain why they decided to take it during the day?
I switched to this approach because I was tired of the high-to-low depression swings caused by sporadic use. The sedative effects have long since worn off for me, as documented in the literature, so it's no longer an issue.

Often, I wake up at 5 a.m., and if that happens, I'll take it then and go back to sleep for a few more hours. I liked and respected @linearb, even though I never interacted with him. I appreciated his attitude of "take the medication to cope, because life must go on as best it can." That's how I try to approach things as well.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now