• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

If FX-322 were to come out would you expect it to be free in the public health system?
Part of me thinks no. They have to know how desperate people are to want to get their hands on this stuff and I'm sure want to maximize profit. At the end of the day this would be part of big pharma and we know they're not exactly known for being "empathetic".

But then again I'm in the US so my views are skewed a bit.

Part of me thinks no. They have to know how desperate people are to want to get their hands on this stuff and I'm sure want to maximize profit. At the end of the day this would be part of big pharma and we know they're not exactly known for being "empathetic".

But then again I'm in the US so my views are skewed a bit.
Definitely if you were to see a private ENT it would cost and I wouldn't mind paying for it.

I just checked online for my country and it states if referred by GP to visit ENT at a public hospital treatment is free unless it's for cosmetic purposes. I don't think FX-322 is for cosmetic purposes as it is used for treating hearing issues so I guess it will be free for me then.

Truthfully, I can see "hearing regeneration only" clinics popping up quickly in response to demand the same way LASIK eye centers did.
If I had the expertise and resources I would set up a clinic. Surely it would be an absolute cash cow.

Frequency Therapeutics stock is now at 19$ and dropping...

Thank you coronavirus and oil crisis, I guess?

Now might be a good time to step in and get some :) should you be interested.

It peaked at 28 and started around 15 if I remember correctly.

I know it's hard to predict a bottom but I doubt we have already hit the COVID-19 stock bottom yet.

Where is the best place to buy some stocks?

Where is the best place to buy some stocks?
Your best bet is an online broker like eTrade or Robinhood. I use eTrade just because they're a big name and have been around a while. Be very careful though, and only invest what you can afford to lose.

You also need to be ready to sell if it looks like Frequency will fail and to not let your emotional attachment to the drug affect how you trade. Years ago I invested in Auris Medical (EARS) when they had a tinnitus drug in development. All signs pointed to it failing and instead of selling for a slight loss, I held onto it in hopes that the drug would work because I wanted it to work. Suffice to say, I lost a decent amount of money (I had invested 7k in them and sold my remaining shares for around 2k).

I would actually advise against a financial advisor if all you want are some stocks, I don't want to go too deep into this as this isn't really a finance forum, but there are 2 types of finanical advisors: those you pay and those that get a comission for the trades you make (and sometimes there is a mix of these two categories). For the latter catogory, there can sometimes be conflicts of interest and they may put pressure on you to do certain investments. In either case, you don't need them if you already know what you want.

I guess if you can make your tinnitus go away for a short period of time by matching your tinnitus frequency, and if you have hearing loss, there is good a chance FX-22 can cure your tinnitus.

And ACRN shows that it is possible to reverse plasticity. I can make my tinnitus quieter for 30 seconds by listening to my tinnitus frequency. And I guess most people who have tinnitus, have this ability too.

Your best bet is an online broker like eTrade or Robinhood. I use eTrade just because they're a big name and have been around a while. Be very careful though, and only invest what you can afford to lose.

You also need to be ready to sell if it looks like Frequency will fail and to not let your emotional attachment to the drug affect how you trade. Years ago I invested in Auris Medical (EARS) when they had a tinnitus drug in development. All signs pointed to it failing and instead of selling for a slight loss, I held onto it in hopes that the drug would work because I wanted it to work. Suffice to say, I lost a decent amount of money (I had invested 7k in them and sold my remaining shares for around 2k).

I would actually advise against a financial advisor if all you want are some stocks, I don't want to go too deep into this as this isn't really a finance forum, but there are 2 types of finanical advisors: those you pay and those that get a comission for the trades you make (and sometimes there is a mix of these two categories). For the latter catogory, there can sometimes be conflicts of interest and they may put pressure on you to do certain investments. In either case, you don't need them if you already know what you want.
Very good points. I have heard that apps like Robinhood, though, have waiting periods on selling so that always made me nervous about "holding the bag" for days. Not sure about eTrade.

Very good points. I have heard that apps like Robinhood, though, have waiting periods on selling so that always made me nervous about "holding the bag" for days. Not sure about eTrade.
I'm not aware of any waiting periods. All of my trades are long-term though (I typically hold my positions for 1-3 years). However, some stocks have different rules (mutual funds). You should be able to sell right after the buy transaction completes though, a lot of day traders do that type of thing.

Do you know if e-Trade can be used for people outside of the US?

Right now I care more about my ears than anything else. Money without health is meaningless to me at this moment. I'd give everything I own to stop my tinnitus and hyperacusis. And literally kiss the ground from here to Timbuktu.

Right now I care more about my ears than anything else. Money without health is meaningless to me at this moment. I'd give everything I own to stop my tinnitus and hyperacusis. And literally kiss the ground from here to Timbuktu.
Couldn't agree more.

"A healthy person has many wishes. A sick person only has one."

I would do the same as well. Give everything I ever own to get cured from this shitty condition.

I'm reading conflicting things online, your best bet would be to contact them and ask.
I went through the sign up process and couldn't change the country so I think it's only for people that live in the US. I'm not too sure if you need to verify with identification so I didn't bother.

I'll just watch the stock market at a distance.

To be fair, this is not the norm in the U.S.

Glad you have competent practitioners, seriously, that's a ridiculous blessing many have not been afforded.

How did your hearing loss/tinnitus respond?
I'm jumping into the middle of this so pardon me if I'm missing a nuance, but I didn't have particular trouble getting an appointment with an ENT here in Northern Virginia USA--a week, maybe ten days, though it can take longer for more routine issues. He does those shots regularly and while he didn't do mine, he referred me to someone who did. The only reason my ENT didn't handle my shot is that he genuinely thought it wouldn't help me, and there's always a risk of other issues. (He was right, the shot didn't help, but as far as I'm concerned it was worth trying).

How rigid are you guys being when it comes to taking medication that have the potential to be ototoxic? I've been prescribed 20mg Prozac but have been reluctant to try it.

Maybe it's a stretch, but my fear is it could damage support cells or generally make it harder for these future drugs to work their magic.

Do you think I'm being irrational here? I'm struggling with major depression and anxiety and feel like I need *something* to carry on living. With that being said I want to preserve my cochlea the best as possible for when the day comes, but yeah, it's going to be a long haul until then.

Tonight I caved in and took 25mg amitriptyline which has helped relax me immensely.

This is 90% true. However imagine being poor/broke and sick. If you where filthy rich (maybe you are) you could buy an island and live a quiet life away from sounds and distract yourself with things you love doing all day.

I'm jumping into the middle of this so pardon me if I'm missing a nuance, but I didn't have particular trouble getting an appointment with an ENT here in Northern Virginia USA--a week, maybe ten days, though it can take longer for more routine issues. He does those shots regularly and while he didn't do mine, he referred me to someone who did. The only reason my ENT didn't handle my shot is that he genuinely thought it wouldn't help me, and there's always a risk of other issues. (He was right, the shot didn't help, but as far as I'm concerned it was worth trying).
My PCP literally ignored my terrible hyperacusis for a month until it developed into full-blown tinnitus. When I told him I had tinnitus he referred me to an ENT, who took months to get into.

I agree and was in that place for a long time. It's only now, after two full years that I can focus again on my job, family and future.

There still is a future... Hang in there! You'll get there too.

This is 90% true. However imagine being poor/broke and sick. If you where filthy rich (maybe you are) you could buy an island and live a quiet life away from sounds and distract yourself with things you love doing all day.
My thinking has been, maybe I should keep buying shares because if it works it's double win and then maybe i'll be able to sell off the shares to buy the shot.

My thinking has been, maybe I should keep buying shares because if it works it's double win and then maybe i'll be able to sell off the shares to buy the shot.
I had the same idea as well that's why I wanted to buy shares cause if it turns out it works and ends up a being a profit maker I could use it to buy the shot but I think I have to be in the US to buy shares so I didn't bother.

How rigid are you guys being when it comes to taking medication that have the potential to be ototoxic? I've been prescribed 20mg Prozac but have been reluctant to try it.

Maybe it's a stretch, but my fear is it could damage support cells or generally make it harder for these future drugs to work their magic.

Do you think I'm being irrational here? I'm struggling with major depression and anxiety and feel like I need *something* to carry on living. With that being said I want to preserve my cochlea the best as possible for when the day comes, but yeah, it's going to be a long haul until then.

Tonight I caved in and took 25mg amitriptyline which has helped relax me immensely.
I can only speak for myself, but as Fluoxetine (Prozac) was one of the drugs that caused my tinnitus, I am now tapering off of it over a very long period of time. I don't want any other drugs in my system when it comes time to try FX-322 and so on. Plus, for all I know it might still be damaging my ears.

Honestly, I can't see the NHS rushing to get this to people. But, boy, do I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you.

If it's any consolation I've been on Mirtazapine for 3.5 years, since my first onset with hyperacusis led to a nervous breakdown and suicidal depression/anxiety which left me non-functioning. I've had no issues with it at all and I think it is generally regarded as v safe for ears. Everyone is different though but hopefully that reassures you.

I had the same idea as well that's why I wanted to buy shares cause if it turns out it works and ends up a being a profit maker I could use it to buy the shot but I think I have to be in the US to buy shares so I didn't bother.
You do not have to be in the US to buy shares. Most brokers will trade stocks on NASDAQ. Register with any broker in your country and it will most likely not be any problem at all. I cannot guide to towards what broker without knowing which country you reside in.

You do not have to be in the US to buy shares. Most brokers will trade stocks on NASDAQ. Register with any broker in your country and it will most likely not be any problem at all. I cannot guide to towards what broker without knowing which country you reside in.
But be careful guys. I'm a bit worried now that I brought it up, that people may rush into buying shares without understanding the risks.

Educate yourself, find someone in your environment who does it already, talk to your banker. No need to rush. Be careful.

Every time I check this thread people are talking about stocks...

How about any new info or when we can expect real results?
I think you will see that the majority of posts in this thread - about 99% - are about the medicine and how it would work, and possibly when it comes out.

If you reread the last let's say 10 to 5 pages I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.
But you are right... the stock discussion does not belong here.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now