• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

My two cents: It's hard, almost impossible to tell right now until these treatments come out because a lot of these things aren't primary outcome measures as much as hearing restoration is. I too have visual snow / tinnitus / hearing loss.
It is, I hope, going to put to bed the what came first, the egg or the chicken scenario with tinnitus and hopefully indicate whether it is caused by hearing loss or from something else.

My two cents: It's hard, almost impossible to tell right now until these treatments come out because a lot of these things aren't primary outcome measures as much as hearing restoration is. I too have visual snow / tinnitus / hearing loss.
If the brain can do plasticity one way, it should be able to do it the other direction too hopefully!

This whole forum is going to go wild with excitement the first day even one member here gets treated with FX-322 and reports back that it worked.

It's going to be like grandpa Joe in Willy Wonka.

This whole forum is going to go wild with excitement the first day even one member here gets treated with FX-322 and reports back that it worked.

It's going to be like grandpa Joe in Willy Wonka.
Haha, definitely! I can't wait. If not now, sooner rather than later at least. And then we'll probably have a massive economic and quality-of-life boom in the second 2/3's of the 2020s, post-COVID-19.

We're eventually in for an amazing decade I think! Stay strong. :beeranimation:

Why during their clinical trials, Frequency Therapeutics never enrolls a member of Tinnitus Talk forum?

How does Frequency Therapeutics choose their patients?

It would be really great if one of the members were a part of their clinical trials...

Why during their clinical trials, Frequency Therapeutics never enrolls a member of Tinnitus Talk forum?

How does Frequency Therapeutics choose their patients?

It would be really great if one of the members were a part of their clinical trials...
There very well may be a member in the clinical trial, but they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Exactly! That contradicts the definition of brain plasticity, the ability of the brain to adapt and change.
Brain plasticity is somewhat of a myth. I think the theories and evidence relating to joints and limbs are actually an excellent example of this. The hip replacement theory a few pages back showed this.

Please elaborate.
The theory that has been going around is that once the brain changes due to changes in the body you cannot reverse what has happened. As was pointed out previously things like pain and movement problems caused by busted hips for example have been reversed when a hip replacement was done. This was a good sign that when you fix things with the body that the effects on the brain can get reversed.

The theory that has been going around is that once the brain changes due to changes in the body you cannot reverse what has happened. As was pointed out previously things like pain and movement problems caused by busted hips for example have been reversed when a hip replacement was done. This was a good sign that when you fix things with the body that the effects on the brain can get reversed.
Then that would imply the opposite is true: that brain plasticity is not a myth.

Brain plasticity is the capacity of the brain to change, overcome injury, rewire itself, recruit alternative neural pathways, or heal.
Right, the brain doesn't just change in one "direction" or the other. It adapts via all the ways you stated. But... it takes a very, very long time to do it especially when it comes to tinnitus. However I do believe if whatever damage caused the tinnitus in the first place can be repaired, the brain will rewire much quicker just like in the case of a hip replacement, etc. per the study @tommyd87 mentioned.

Anyway. Really looking forward to the day there is a "cures" category on the forum.

Just think: if it weren't for the coronavirus, we would have had the results by now.

AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh:
Yeah, I hear you there. Remember, COVID-19 has also been responsible for suicides, livelihoods and businesses finished, severe mental health problems and so on.

We're not the only ones suffering, at least there's that. But I totally am annoyed as well.

What if there is even further delay due to Biden shutting everything down again?
That's what I'm worried about but since there are vaccines ready at the end of the year they may not need to shut down America by Inauguration Day if they start injecting people with the vaccine, therefore no shutdown hopefully.

What if there is even further delay due to Biden shutting everything down again?
All the infusions should have been made before the end of the year though, right? Since the 90-day result report is coming at end of Q1. Hopefully by then we'll be out of the woods of this virus wave.

If the results for Phase 2a end up being positive for up to Day 90 at the end of March, how much do you reckon the share price will increase?

Currently, Frequency Therapeutics stock is at $26.20.

Fact. It really would be nice for everyone if even just one person in the trial could report back who had hyperacusis, tinnitus, and visual snow, whether or not there was any improvement. Hearing loss sucks, but all the comorbidities that more often than not come with it make it suck even harder.

That's what I'm worried about but since there are vaccines ready at the end of the year they may not need to shut down America by Inauguration Day if they start injecting people with the vaccine, therefore no shutdown hopefully.
I'm almost certain America shall be one of the first countries to get the vaccine due to the current state of the coronavirus there. The insulated and mostly island nations that have it under control like Taiwan, New Zealand, Samoa etc will be the last ones to get it because they have got it under control and aren't at as much risk of having it brought in through the border until everything is under control.

Distributing the vaccine is not done overnight though. But let's hope it's as quick as possible.

Fact. It really would be nice for everyone if even just one person in the trial could report back who had hyperacusis, tinnitus, and visual snow, whether or not there was any improvement. Hearing loss sucks, but all the comorbidities that more often than not come with it make it suck even harder.
Exactly. When I first had my sudden hearing loss I was pretty upset about it and the moderate tinnitus that came with it. I've since developed severe and debilitating hyperacusis which is much much worse than the hearing loss and tinnitus. I'm hanging on by a thread hoping that FX-322 and the other upcoming treatments help the hyperacusis Yes, restoring my hearing and lessening the tinnitus would be wonderful, but those aren't keeping me from living my life.

I know everyone keeps saying in theory these things are possible but not guaranteed. I know very well my tinnitus was much easier to mask/not notice when I had lost less hearing than what I have lost now. I also remember how after reaching a certain amount of hearing loss and loudness of tinnitus did I then develop visual snow (it wasn't something I developed from the off like tinnitus).

Reversing hearing back to normal or to higher levels overall should reverse it. I honestly see no reason why that should not be the case.

May I add if not fully reverse it then at the very least substantially reduce these comorbidities to hardly noticeable levels. It's the same with chronic pain of psychosomatic origin (unrelated to my hearing loss and tinnitus but you get the gist, if we're talking about brain plasticity).

From my experience being able to change those pain pathways in the brain from being "highly active" to a state of very rarely and hardly getting pain now, almost just "remembered" rather than active.

But fingers crossed for myself and all of us that its a complete reversal rather than substantial reduction :)

FREQ has been on a bit of a run recently, right now it's at $28.49 (up 20% in the past 5 days) and it's getting close to its 52 week high ($28.78). I imagine there will be a bit of a sell off in the next day or two as people take their profits, but it's good to see such an interest in the stock. When it shoots up it always makes me a little curious as to what is going on (OTIC is also up, but only ~3% over the last 5 days).

FREQ has been on a bit of a run recently, right now it's at $28.49 (up 20% in the past 5 days) and it's getting close to its 52 week high ($28.78). I imagine there will be a bit of a sell off in the next day or two as people take their profits, but it's good to see such an interest in the stock. When it shoots up it always makes me a little curious as to what is going on (OTIC is also up, but only ~3% over the last 5 days).
Today it's the Cramer effect.

Today it's the Cramer effect.
Jim Cramer is talking about Frequency Therapeutics? He's pretty mainstream. If he's talking about it, soon a lot of people will know what Frequency Therapeutics is. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else jumps onto the Frequency Therapeutics bandwagon as the Phase 2a results approach.

Also, we're now at an all time high - $28.94.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now