• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Are you referring to the Investor Deck?

https://investors.frequencytx.com/static-files/4ac687f2-04b5-4d23-ab23-daa7826cd1b0

Page 11 shows an example of a healthy cochlea (left) vs a damaged cochlea (right).
It was actually another set of pictures and the hair cells were compared side by side.
Can you post the picture you are referring to...
I'll look for it...
I believe she's referring to this OTO-6XX slide from Otonomy's presentation.

View attachment 42173
The pics looked very similar to these. The original hairs were straight, the new ones were wavy or zigzag. I'll look after I make dinner...

Any chance you were looking at the Audion thread instead since it was much more active "a couple of years ago?"

Their histology did look a little off but that drug didn't really go anywhere (but their method is very different from Frequency Therapeutics').
It was a touchy subject for a lot of people. I remember so many people were happy and excited for it and then a treatment/drug semi failed them. It was either Audion or another drug. It was around the time we lost a special member that touched everyone. This person loveeeed to do research and was in a clinical trial that had to be shutdown.

Tons of people lost hope and refused to visit any other research threads or be excited for this. It'd be best to ask people like @Contrast about it. I remember me, him, and quite a few others continuously doing research on drugs like FX-322. He can be a little blunt sometimes and slightly pessimistic (no offense in any way) but he's done a lot more research and it seems like he's more active than me. Frequency Therapeutics was also moving considerably faster and people got into countless fights about whether or not they should be hopeful in another drug. This caused a big lag in the number of others who wanted to talk about research at all.

Sorry this response is a bit messy. Just at the time there were bigger reasons to back Frequency Therapeutics over Audion and part of that had to do with their reputations.

FREQ closed at $40 today, an all time high. I know the whole market in general has been bullish post-US election and biotech especially post-COVID-19 vaccine announcements, but this feels too good to be true.

Any info on this?

It was actually another set of pictures and the hair cells were compared side by side.

I'll look for it...

The pics looked very similar to these. The original hairs were straight, the new ones were wavy or zigzag. I'll look after I make dinner...
I know which picture you're talking about but can't find it. I do remember seeing a picture of what original hair cells look like and what the hair cells look like when they were regrown with FX-322 and it didn't look like the original hair cells.

It was a touchy subject for a lot of people. I remember so many people were happy and excited for it and then a treatment/drug semi failed them. It was either Audion or another drug. It was around the time we lost a special member that touched everyone. This person loveeeed to do research and was in a clinical trial that had to be shutdown.

Tons of people lost hope and refused to visit any other research threads or be excited for this. It'd be best to ask people like @Contrast about it. I remember me, him, and quite a few others continuously doing research on drugs like FX-322. He can be a little blunt sometimes and slightly pessimistic (no offense in any way) but he's done a lot more research and it seems like he's more active than me. Frequency Therapeutics was also moving considerably faster and people got into countless fights about whether or not they should be hopeful in another drug. This caused a big lag in the number of others who wanted to talk about research at all.

Sorry this response is a bit messy. Just at the time there were bigger reasons to back Frequency Therapeutics over Audion and part of that had to do with their reputations.
Thank you! I forgot about this but is it still not odd that most of the gain was made in the last two weeks given that report came out on 16 November? I'm new to markets and trading so maybe this is par for the course. Should we expect FREQ now to hover around this price until Phase 2 results come out?
It's ordinary for a biotech stock price to see a lot of buying activity about a quarter before results are expected. Although Frequency Therapeutics has noted "late Q1", other biotech trial tracking sites just say Q1.

And since investors don't have an announced date to back into, they're probably seeing a lot of buy-hold activity in preparation for a positive announcement.

This?

g72917g14a73.jpg

Looks like they will already have the age-related results by Q2 of 2021.

Of note, too, they expect the severe group readout to be Q3 2021. If they plan to include this group in the last trial, that means they could start recruiting shortly after.
I think that they will put the severe hearing loss group in the final trial if they can because they knock off all groups at once and can also demonstrate whether FX-322 provides benefits to all of them accordingly.

It's ordinary for a biotech stock price to see a lot of buying activity about a quarter before results are expected. Although Frequency Therapeutics has noted "late Q1", other biotech trial tracking sites just say Q1.

And since investors don't have an announced date to back into, they're probably seeing a lot of buy-hold activity in preparation for a positive announcement.
Thank you, that's interesting info to know. So am I inferring correctly that this upward trend will probably continue up until Frequency Therapeutics announce a results date, or alternatively until results day if they give no results date announcement at all?

I think that they will put the severe hearing loss group in the final trial if they can because they knock off all groups at once and can also demonstrate whether FX-322 provides benefits to all of them accordingly.
I hope this doesn't delay in starting Phase 3 clinical trials for FX-322 if they decide to add severe hearing loss to it.

I'm going to guess that Frequency Therapeutics announces the Phase 2A 90-Day results on March 1-4 at the Cowen Healthcare Conference.

They've been regulars at this conference, and the timing is sound.

Thank you, that's interesting info to know. So am I inferring correctly that this upward trend will probably continue up until Frequency Therapeutics announce a results date, or alternatively until results day if they give no results date announcement at all?
I can't predict the future. I am of the opinion that a $1.3B valuation for a firm that only has preliminary data is high. However, a string of positive Phase 2A and the two Phase 1Bs could drive that market cap and price up 2x.

I hope this doesn't delay in starting Phase 3 clinical trials for FX-322 if they decide to add severe hearing loss to it.
Will probably make recruiting easier... and therefore aide in finishing the pivotal trial on-time.

Will probably make recruiting easier... and therefore aide in finishing the pivotal trial on-time.
This. If the Phase 2a and Phase 1b trials have beneficial results then I certainly see Frequency Therapeutics pushing for a larger final trial that tends to encompass all groups and also attempts to get as many participants in it as possible.

I know which picture you're talking about but can't find it. I do remember seeing a picture of what original hair cells look like and what the hair cells look like when they were regrown with FX-322 and it didn't look like the original hair cells.
Yes, it was probably a month or two ago. I remember thinking, oh shoot, I hope they work.

Yes, it was probably a month or two ago. I remember thinking, oh shoot, I hope they work.
I don't think that there is going to be too much concern whether the hair cells work or not, especially considering the fact that the trial results would have been unlikely to show the gains that they did had the hair cells not worked.

Keep in mind too that when you are showing damaged hair cells regrowing and using the same section to show this pre-clinically, you have already removed the tissue from the cochlea so it's not going to hold its shape very well.

I would say let the clinical results speak for themselves.

FREQ closed at $40 today, an all time high. I know the whole market in general has been bullish post-US election and biotech especially post-COVID-19 vaccine announcements, but this feels too good to be true.

Any info on this?
This latest run up is bananas. It's not clear at all what's driving it. Otonomy (OTIC) has also been climbing, but not as fast and they have trial data due this month.

These are all interesting points. I guess only time will tell. It is my hope that my 80-year-old dad who is hard of hearing could try one of the treatments in the next few years. I am praying for a successful trial.

These are all interesting points. I guess only time will tell. It is my hope that my 80-year-old dad who is hard of hearing could try one of the treatments in the next few years. I am praying for a successful trial.
Since he is under 85, he qualifies for the age-related trial they are recruiting for (assuming he doesn't have another cause):

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04601909

Those aren't new hair cells, which is what she was asking about. That's a picture of widespread hair cell loss (bad enough to destroy both inner and outer hair cells).

They don't look out of line in the second photo to me, just missing many cells. And all the visible remaining cells in that section have a compressed look (they are missing the widening especially at the stereocilia attachment point that they have in the first photo) which changes the shape of the attached stereocilia.

None of the OHCs look normal here which imo could be from severe acute inflammatory changes (possibly amplified as an artifact of removing tissue in areas where cells are lost so it doesn't hold its shape as well during tissue preservation) or they did substantial cochlear damage here for illustrative purposes.

What's interesting though is that it looks to me like whatever they used to damage the cells for that photo, appears to have left all the non-hair cells (I assume those are support cells) fully intact which definitely points to support cell resilience.

I love the enthusiasm in this thread. As a consumer, is there any point in me checking back for progress within the next year and a half? i.e. could FX-322 possibly be released before summer of 2022?

Those aren't new hair cells, which is what she was asking about. That's a picture of widespread hair cell loss (bad enough to destroy both inner and outer hair cells).

They don't look out of line in the second photo to me, just missing many cells. And all the visible remaining cells in that section have a compressed look (they are missing the widening especially at the stereocilia attachment point that they have in the first photo) which changes the shape of the attached stereocilia.

None of the OHCs look normal here which imo could be from severe acute inflammatory changes (possibly amplified as an artifact of removing tissue in areas where cells are lost so it doesn't hold its shape as well during tissue preservation) or they did substantial cochlear damage here for illustrative purposes.

What's interesting though is that it looks to me like whatever they used to damage the cells for that photo, appears to have left all the non-hair cells (I assume those are support cells) fully intact which definitely points to support cell resilience.
The support cell resilience is probably the most promising part then.

I love the enthusiasm in this thread. As a consumer, is there any point in me checking back for progress within the next year and a half? i.e. could FX-322 possibly be released before summer of 2022?
Maybe. Depends on how much time gets shaven off when they get Breakthrough Therapy status after getting positive results in their Phase 2a clinical trials.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now