• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Honestly my only problem seems to be tinnitus, I hear absolutely everything.

Sometimes I ask people to repeat themselves but that's it. I can even hear really well over long distances without shouting.

I wonder if FX-322 or 313 would work on me?
I would love to be able to hear normally again. I wouldn't even care if my ears were ringing if I could actually hear normally. I envy all of you in that position.

If they're just going to misspell "acoustic" they might as well go full metal and put some random umlauts over the vowels.

We're just used to it. Honestly it sounds a bit Marvin the Martian, if you think about it.
How come they have applied for many names? When it comes out in the market, would it be one name only or would different markets use different names and that's why Frequency Therapeutics have patented these additional names for FX-322?

If they're just going to misspell "acoustic" they might as well go full metal and put some random umlauts over the vowels.

We're just used to it. Honestly it sounds a bit Marvin the Martian, if you think about it.
''Ecoustiq'' might not be a wordplay of the word acoustic, but it could very well be derived from the French word ''écouter'', which means: to listen.

Let's hope that research into long-term COVID-19 symptoms will accelerate research into tinnitus treatments. We as a community of tinnitus sufferers might not be billionaires, but the biotech companies addressing the issue certainly will be if they get their products out there soon enough to capture the wave of new people with tinnitus. This may be a COVID-19-blessing-in-disguise, i.e. hearing issues appear to be a potential outcome of covid infection, so it seems very likely that there will be a faster pace of research and development of treatments relevant to our community than there was before the pandemic:

"...7.6% of COVID patients experienced hearing loss, while 14.8% of them experienced tinnitus. A further 7.2% experienced vertigo, a loss of balance which occurs in people with ear damage...

...Though caution needs to be taken, we hope this study will add to the weight of scientific evidence that there is a strong association between Covid-19 and hearing problems."
- Scientists reveal that tinnitus is possible COVID-19 symptom

An estimated 141 million people have been infected with COVID-19 to-date. The 14.8% of them who may have tinnitus as a long-term symptom = 20,868,000 new tinnitus patients since the beginning of the pandemic. And the pandemic is of course far from over. Any Frequency Therapeutics-type company looking at these numbers should be scrambling faster than ever to get their products right.
Yes, I hope you're right. I heard a lot of people got tinnitus or a permanent worsening from COVID-19. I got sick in November, I think it was COVID-19, not sure though.

December is when I developed my bad distortions and hypercausis. I was deadlifting heavy so I know that has something to do with it. Was the cold I had COVID-19? Maybe. Could it cause distortions? Maybe.

I still have no hearing loss. It will be a mystery. I really hope you're right.

Does anybody else still wonder how they can grow limbs for people, and treat all these diseases, but still nothing for tinnitus? There is no way there will not be anything in the next 10 years! Feel the same way?

How come they have applied for many names? When it comes out in the market, would it be one name only or would different markets use different names and that's why Frequency Therapeutics have patented these additional names for FX-322?
@Diesel already explained it well but it's like pre-reserving a website domain name well in advance just in case you end up using it at some point.

Those are just names they reserved just in case, but they aren't at a point of using any of them.

I would love to be able to hear normally again. I wouldn't even care if my ears were ringing if I could actually hear normally. I envy all of you in that position.
I would definitely still care about the ringing but I could just mask it all day long with music. Hearing loss is like a wound that can't heal for me.

Yes, I hope you're right. I heard a lot of people got tinnitus or a permanent worsening from COVID-19. I got sick in November, I think it was COVID-19, not sure though.

December is when I developed my bad distortions and hypercausis. I was deadlifting heavy so I know that has something to do with it. Was the cold I had COVID-19? Maybe. Could it cause distortions? Maybe.

I still have no hearing loss. It will be a mystery. I really hope you're right.

Does anybody else still wonder how they can grow limbs for people, and treat all these diseases, but still nothing for tinnitus? There is no way there will not be anything in the next 10 years! Feel the same way?
Uh... growing limbs for people? Do you mean transplants?

I'd assume there's a common Latin root for both.
Well, from an etymological standpoint, the modern French word ''écouter'' is derived from the Latin word ''ascŭltare'', so it went through some lexical & morphological changes with the passage of time (Vulgar Latin/spoken + informal form of Latin ''ascŭltare''> old/medievel French ''escouter''> modern French ''écouter''). I had to look it up in the French Wiktionnaire :)

I would definitely still care about the ringing but I could just mask it all day long with music. Hearing loss is like a wound that can't heal for me.
Yep. Tinnitus sucks, but the hearing loss added to it is much worse. I can't hear lows or highs at all on the one side. Super lame.

So for the low IQ individuals like myself (I've been away for weeks), do we still have any hope on FX-322?
No, probably not, but I'm in St. Petersburg, Florida and rain masks just like a shower. Just be sure to wear this...

A7E3D6ED-7538-40C0-8ABF-1786725F9D02.jpeg

This is like people with mild tinnitus saying tinnitus is not that bad...

But I'm sure it depends on the hearing loss, the tinnitus and the individual.
This is a SUPER common thing to see in the chronic disease patient forum world.

Chronic disease is not at all relatable but people THINK they understand from hearing about other people's experience and wind up making sweeping claims.

For example "I'd rather have CANCER!" comes up all the time all over the place. Having lived with my mother while cancer did her in I don't think these people have any idea what cancer and cancer treatment can be like.

I think many diseases sound "fine" to deal with when they in fact destroy your life in ways you can't imagine unless you're there.

Tying this back to FX-322, this is why I think if the drug has a positive impact on the lives of any treatment group (even if it doesn't include me), it will be a meaningful success.

That just doesnt make sense, its a hearing loss drug on label. Tinnitus is a secondary outcome.

Its just marketing guys, it has no deeper meaning.
I disagree. The marketing team is searching for a name based on meaningful building blocks, which gives insight into their thinking, and the suggestions made so far in this thread seem pretty insightful:

ACUFONIQ based on "acouphène," French for tinnitus.

ECOUSTIQ based on ''écouter," French for listen.

JENFONIQ, based on JEN/GEN as in regenerative (Frequency Therepeutics' principal mission is, after all, regenerative medicine), connected with "phonic," meaning speech sounds.

Let's just hope their drug development people are better than their name development people. :cautious:

This is a SUPER common thing to see in the chronic disease patient forum world.

Chronic disease is not at all relatable but people THINK they understand from hearing about other people's experience and wind up making sweeping claims.

For example "I'd rather have CANCER!" comes up all the time all over the place. Having lived with my mother while cancer did her in I don't think these people have any idea what cancer and cancer treatment can be like.

I think many diseases sound "fine" to deal with when they in fact destroy your life in ways you can't imagine unless you're there.

Tying this back to FX-322, this is why I think if the drug has a positive impact on the lives of any treatment group (even if it doesn't include me), it will be a meaningful success.
That's why I think it's important to clarify: my hearing loss doesn't bother me as much as my tinnitus. I can compare my own symptoms to one another, but not to somebody else's.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now