Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

This is a dumb question, but in terms of noise distortions, I'm assuming FX-322 would help with that, correct? Or is that a synapse issue?
Didn't your doctor suspect cochlear hydrops in your case (which can cause distortions) or am I thinking of someone else?

This is a dumb question, but in terms of noise distortions, I'm assuming FX-322 would help with that, correct? Or is that a synapse issue?
Frequency Therapeutics has mentioned in recent research that outer hair cell death is believed to be associated with distorted hearing.

Didn't your doctor suspect cochlear hydrops in your case (which can cause distortions) or am I thinking of someone else?
You're probably thinking of someone else. Although, he did prescribe me a diuretic which I haven't taken. I'm seeing another doctor to get a second opinion in a few weeks. I had a few days of no distortions but came back with a vengeance and I have no idea why.

You're probably thinking of someone else. Although, he did prescribe me a diuretic which I haven't taken. I'm seeing another doctor to get a second opinion in a few weeks. I had a few days of no distortions but came back with a vengeance and I have no idea why.
I have this same problem. I took the diuretic and it helped. But I also had an MRI that confirmed I don't have hydrops or Meniere's. I'm not sure what is going on. Might just be a distortion form of tinnitus.

My panic attacks from tinnitus are gone, now I get panic attacks thinking what if FX-322 doesn't show improvements.

March is a new beginning indeed, we got spring (regeneration) and hopefully news about regeneration of new hair cells.

Btw, thank you for your replies on my question earlier. :thankyousign:

If FX-322 doesn't work, I'll go back to unprescribed Prednisone without any choice.

It's March, baby! :rockingbanana:
source.gif

This is a crucial month. I appreciate what Frequency Therapeutics is doing. Hopefully it will somehow reach us non US citizens. If I can't take a plane because of my ears I'll take a boat.

It's absolutely hair cell or synapse loss. There is no doubt that it isn't.
Not so funny how we have to post our Audiograms here to have them interpreted properly as opposed to be being told that all it means is we need hearing aids immediately.

Does anybody think FX-322 will be effective for tinnitus caused by ototoxic medication (SSRI)?
Frequency Therapeutics themselves have mentioned that SNHL from ototoxic medication is something they are aiming to treat with FX-322. That said, the damage in question needs to be hair cell related of course.

Does anybody think FX-322 will be effective for tinnitus caused by ototoxic medication (SSRI)?
If for some reason, hair cell damage is incurred, then why not? Usually with SSRI, the tinnitus is caused by drug side effects or even a direct result of higher serotonin (a neurotransmitter linked to tinnitus).

Out of curiosity: Can't we use the pharmacokinetics model of FX-322 as a basis to assume how deep OTO-413 might reach?

I mean if we compare the typical time for the VPA to reach its peak at ~2 kHz (roughly at 3 hours) and compare it with the slides from OTO-413 from December, where the concentration drops by a factor of 100 within 7 days, we might deduce that OTO-413 can arguably reach below 1 kHz. Vice versa one could start speculating what FX-322 might be capable of if it had the same half time as OTO-413...

Out of curiosity: Can't we use the pharmacokinetics model of FX-322 as a basis to assume how deep OTO-413 might reach?

I mean if we compare the typical time for the VPA to reach its peak at ~2 kHz (roughly at 3 hours) and compare it with the slides from OTO-413 from December, where the concentration drops by a factor of 100 within 7 days, we might deduce that OTO-413 can arguably reach below 1 kHz. Vice versa one could take start speculating what FX-322 might be capable of if it had the same half time as OTO-413...
If you knew the difference in diffusion properties (molecular weights, polarity, etc) between VPA and OTO-413 and factored in the different gels... maybe.

But it might be easier just to ask Otonomy on a podcast if they know how far it goes :).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now