I Am Spiking Now...

Petloy

Author
Benefactor
Sep 22, 2012
Canada
Tinnitus Since
08/2012
It's been months that I have no problem with my T, I feel good. Two days ago after getting off work I noticed my T seemed high, I am spiking now, Aarrrgh, and I cant find any reason why it should be...I wasn't exposed to loud noise (except probably I had a long drive for 1 1/2 hours) I have been following my diet, I don't understand why this spike?? It's 2 days now, I can hear it again over TV or driving...sorry I just have to vent! I miss this forum.

Petloy, how frustrating! Do you think the drive could have had something to do with it? Did road noise or car noise cause your tinnitus to get worse in the past?

Hope it goes back down to baseline for you soon!!

I understand how it is! I'm having a bad tinnitus night right now, myself. We have to think that it will get better; and eventually, it will!

Spiking today as well. It was very mild the past 2 days, but today it's omni-present. The difference between today and the previous days? I drove 150 km (93 miles) this morning to the noisy office… tada!

It's been months that I have no problem with my T, I feel good. Two days ago after getting off work I noticed my T seemed high, I am spiking now, Aarrrgh, and I cant find any reason why it should be...I wasn't exposed to loud noise (except probably I had a long drive for 1 1/2 hours) I have been following my diet, I don't understand why this spike?? It's 2 days now, I can hear it again over TV or driving...sorry I just have to vent! I miss this forum.

I have been having the same problem for three days now with T being horrible. When my T is up driving usually aggravates it. I don't know if it is for the road noise or possibly vibrations. Last night I broke down and took a 10mg amitriptyline that I have had from a previous problem before I developed T. I will say I slept better and my T seems to be down some so far and I hope it stays that way. I hope your T does the same soon.

UPDATE: T seems to be going down...not yet back to baseline. Must've been the road noise or vibrations...thanks for the replies.

Peter

Yes, there's something about vibration that definitely makes things worse. Sounds at a certain level do the same thing to me. Petloy, glad you're doing better!

UPDATE: Yesterday I thought it gone done a bit but it is fleeting the spike came back, It's been 4 days and the spike seemed to be staying the same, I just made the 1 1/2 drive again and I measured the Dcb it's 85-90, I'm traversing a cemented highway twice a week, so today I wore my Gold Alpine musician ear plugs and I can hear the difference. The only question now is did I do permanent damage 4 days ago when I drove and listened to stereo (just 12-13/30 volume level) even though I was wearing cotton balls at that time?

Driving, vibration, music, static, too loud, too quiet, The Voice....it doesn't seem to matter with me - the T's either sharply, excruciatingly there where i can't possibly ignore it, or it isn't; "back to baseline" as some put it. The only thing that seems to make a difference in intensity lately is a sudden, loud, sharp noise, like the slamming of a cabinet, loud clap of hands, hard cough of a person next to you, or the like. I'm actually starting to fear those sounds now, which often make a bad T situation worse... "Is that going to keep me from getting back to lower levels for a few more days?" Probably makes no difference, but who's rational here?!

I even think it is un-rational to be on forums like these…
I'm not too sure about that...finding this particular forum, reading no-B.S. posts by informed people not afraid to put themselves out there, really helped develop my own coping mechanisms. Sometimes I return to the site for the sole reason of seeing a post where I might be able to offer the same care, concern, and experience that was offered to me.

I do think it better not to hang around here as much as I did in the beginning, though, believing too much exposure may give the condition more power over my daily life.

I had my beginning of T after a new car that had loud road and wind noise. I know this is an old tresd but wanted to add to it. Sny tide eith gesvy rosd noise now causes a spike that makes me nuts. I had decided to sell my car but now any road noise for over an hour or so causes a spoke. Test drive of what are supposed to be wuiet cars cause problems. I am very frustrated.

I spiked to new lvl for 29 times so what, i know i will not last long, last spike (that is permanent new level) was 7 days ago.

I feel like good sleep is the cure...yesterday mine was up there in pitch...it was low but could hear it over most noises...wasnt getting good sleep all week due to work...slept well last night and bak to normal..amen !!!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now